OTL-GDT May 10 Game 2 Vancouver vs Coilers 7PM PST SN CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: OTL-GDT May 10 Game 2 Vancouver vs Coilers 7PM PST SN CBC

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:07 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:45 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:25 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:51 am Petey is getting paid Draisaitl/McDavid money give or take but he’s nowhere near the same league as those two, but this seems to be a thing with Petey, we have seen him go through long stretches of playing at a sub par level by his standards, it’s just unfortunate he’s decided to go through one now.
Drai and Mcdavid only make 7.3 million?
Also, in a year or two those two will be pulling in $14M/$15M/$16M-per, cap is rising...
Under those projections Edmonton can't afford to keep both of them.
You weren't listening... the cap is rising.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:44 pm That non call on Hughes was a joke and to see McDavid smirking on the bench was salt in the wound.
Yes, those supervillains got away with murder last night... here they are celebrating afterwards:

But justice shall prevail in Gotham or my name isn't Batman!
____
Try to focus on someday.
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

how does this pos get to keep writing trash?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ca ... r-canucks/
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:21 pm how does this pos get to keep writing trash?

He’s making a spector of himself..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Upon further review.... To FINALLY beat the Canucks, the oil needed "generous " reffing, played McDoofus almost 1/2 the game, and needed a fluke goal in OT.

Fuck them. We've got this.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:52 pm Fuck them. We've got this.
:thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Teams get robbed all the time in the playoffs by the refs but normally it’s for infractions that you can justify the refs not seeing. When you look at the high stick QH got and how it was right in the open how 4 blind mice could not see that is beyond me.

At the same time QH did not jerk his head back like some soccer/hockey players do. Next time he needs to jerk his head back and clutch his face so they see. Time for Canucks to take acting lessons and really embellish the hits so they get some PP.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:32 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:21 pm how does this pos get to keep writing trash?

He’s making a spector of himself..
Some of the comments after the article are priceless.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:49 pm If the refs out the whistles away I would have less to complain about. It is the obvious non calls against the Oilers vs the soft calls against us. I get that they want to protect the stars but isn't Hughes one of those stars? He has taken brutal treatment, without complaint, and yet nothing gets called on him.

Pettersson also isn't drawing calls. Now while he isn't complaining verbally his body language says it all and there are close dives in there as well.

The German gives the lumber pretty good yet yaps whenever he is hit. At least Kane will pound back. Perry too.

Anyway, I figure this season thus far has exceeded expectations and has to be considered a success. As Blob says, a refreshing turn of events. We are still a couple of years away from being a true contender. If we can somehow keep most of our defence in tack and work on the offensive players we will be ok.

I'd be fine trading Pettersson, for a respectful return, if we could land a 70- 80 point centre somewhere else. And if that would allow us to keep Lindholm that would be a bonus. Hopefully someone in Abbotsford is ready to ride shotgun with Miller and Boeser next year. The whole Pettersson line needs to be rebuilt, all three of them.
I’m not Trading Peter until we get him a true decent linemate. Mack/Rantanen, Point/Kuchi, and on and on. JT has a good running mate. Peter needs one. McJesus always gets one of or both of Hyman or the Kraut.

Give Peter a guy like Chris Kreider or Tommy Wilson or even a Mathew Knies and his game will go nuts. He plays with 13-14 min third liners. Podkolzin is a massive disappointment at this point. Imagine Matt Boldy playing with Peter. Or Matty Tkachuk.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

I can see that Blob. That's why I would not trade him unless it was an absolute respectable return that freed up money towards more offence. But I see your point. If we can make cap room to land a winger for him then by all means do it. But it means, in all likelihood no Lindholm and hopefully moving on from the other Russian.

Maybe the simple answer is keeping the lotto line intact and rebuilding a second line somehow.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Guntzel will sign on for Petey. Lindy walks, Hronek is moved out due to unrealistic salary demands with Tanev coming home and resigning Zed and Dakota
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Gnarly - Lindy - Joshua line is our 2nd line, is it not? It's the only complete line we have and it's clearly performing at a 2nd line level.

I think for most here, putting the Lotto line together is the obvious move. It gives Petey the linemates he needs and moves Suter back to where he should be in the first place. But for some reason Tocchet is reluctant to do so except for short spells. Maybe he's hoping Petey will regain his form facing a 3rd line. Or he's keeping the Lotto line as the ace up his sleeve. Or he doesn't want to give up on Mik and Hogs? Who knows.

In the end I have faith in Tocchet to make the right deployments. He is playing the long game and is not desperate. His calm demeanour behind the bench is keeping the team even-keeled and was a large part of the Game 1 comeback. I'm sure he is keeping the team in check with respect to the officiating issues. I just wonder what adjustments he is going to make to limit McDavid / Draisaitl.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:14 am Guntzel will sign on for Petey. Lindy walks, Hronek is moved out due to unrealistic salary demands with Tanev coming home and resigning Zed and Dakota
The Gunt is a Smurf. Not what Bambi skates Petey needs for a winger. I worry that Petey is our version of post season Mitch Marner.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:23 am. I just wonder what adjustments he is going to make to limit McDavid / Draisaitl.
With Coilers having last change, we will need to have at least 3 lines capable of regaining possession. We need Pettersson to activate his Datsyuk mode any time now ffs
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:58 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:14 am Guntzel will sign on for Petey. Lindy walks, Hronek is moved out due to unrealistic salary demands with Tanev coming home and resigning Zed and Dakota
The Gunt is a Smurf. Not what Bambi skates Petey needs for a winger. I worry that Petey is our version of post season Mitch Marner.
The gunt is money in the playoffs. He elevates his game and is a good possession winger with some terrific vision. Pettersson and him would be pretty dynamic