BFW-GDT May 8 Game 1 Vancouver vs Coilers 7PM PST SN CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT May 8 Game 1 Vancouver vs Coilers 7PM PST SN CBC

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:16 pm
Raile wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:05 pm A stat was posted that McDavid has never been held shotless in a playoff game.. until tonight
The Miller/Boeser line has matched up against the league's top lines all season while still driving most of the team's offence. I think I read somewhere that McDavid did not score 5v5 against Miller/Boeser in the regular season?

Now, if only the other guy and his linemates started doing something... and we're not talking about Little Things...
LOL, nicely worded.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 pm The Canucks game has as much intensity as a pre-season game. Pretty fucking lifeless which is the opposite of what we are seeing in the Florida/Boston series but hey, the Oilers I'm sure are quite content with the other team playing a passionless game.
:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: BFW-GDT May 8 Game 1 Vancouver vs Coilers 7PM PST SN CBC

Post by Tciso »

So, what was the final score???? :D :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:31 pm What's with all the negative Nellie's on here...

Roll fatter joints
The Dude was the ring leader of that urine crew
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Man, what a game. We pulled the rabbit out of the hat 2X this playoffs now, can't keep playing with fire like this.

Great to see our guys scoring again. Skinner didn't look really sharp. The Lindholm goal was weak and I thought he should of had the Gnarly8 shot. Skinner looks like no Saros. :P

If Draisaitl has a wonky back, our big doods on D need to keep laying big hits on him. Lay the lumber on his back if they get a chance, make him feel the PAIN!!! :devil:

Awesome to see the Green Men in the house, they bring the good mojo. :D
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I swore Doc once pulled rabbi out of a hat.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

The only HW the Canucks need
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Great game! It was nice to see the former Flames making a big contribution. Zad's hit on the Kraut was great.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

BCExpat wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:01 am Great game! It was nice to see the former Flames making a big contribution. Zad's hit on the Kraut was great.
Personally I am very pleased with both Lindholm and Big Zee. Lindholm had a slow start, well after his 2 goal game, due to injuries and I suppose the craziness of how the trade went down. But he is playing the way I remember he played against us. Tonight he was very physical too, perhaps his most physical game as a Canuck and it was nice to see that part of his game come alive. Of course he was a monster in the face off dot.

Big Zee has scored some important goals for us since he has been here and tonight's goal was huge. His assist on the game winner was equally as impressive. And ya, his monster hits are a thing of beauty now that he is a Canuck. You know with the German hurting the team will run him as much as they can. And big Zee will get some more licks in. He was already starting to bail on hits in the third. Just dont go out of your way to hit him and draw a penalty.

Wow, we only got one penalty, the 4v4 doesn't count. I expect a make up game game 2.

A nice win. But you know the Oilers will be out for super revenge game 2 and we cannot go down by 3 goals again. Just dont do it.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If Draisaitl is hurt then they need to keep on him. He gets frustrated and pissy and takes bad penalties. Also takes away one of McDavid's targets.

Skinner was horrific.

Next game will be tough. They will come out like a disturbed nest of hornets.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Very important win psychologically. 8-)

Now the Oil knows a 4-1 lead halfway through the game is not enough to win, and we know we can come from behind and turn a game around. They’re getting nervous and frustrated, we’re gaining confidence. Brilliant!

Three point night for Dakota! :D

Joshua fought the battle of Edmonton and the Oil came tumbling down. :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Haven't the oilers been looking for their super revenge since game 1 of the season? 🤣🤣
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:31 am Haven't the oilers been looking for their super revenge since game 1 of the season? 🤣🤣
Yes but I wont mock them until its over. Dont want to tempt the hockey gawds.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:50 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:31 pm What's with all the negative Nellie's on here...

Roll fatter joints
The Dude was the ring leader of that urine crew
Skinner ended up being a brand of depends for the Chef. He’s a terrible goalie and their Achilles heel for sure, it also helps that Nurse and Bouchard are pylons. It ‘‘twas a great comeback I’ll say after a putrid 1st that led the Chef to pissing in his slow cooked rabbit Ragu. Thank gawd for Millers line and lindholms line and the Big Z while Petey and Cole led the dog Haus crew.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BoS
CC Rookie

Post by BoS »

BCExpat wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:01 am Great game! It was nice to see the former Flames making a big contribution. Zad's hit on the Kraut was great.
Zed has been the 2nd best d-man for Van all playoffs.

This was easily Lindholms best game as a Canuck. His two way ability is so important, but he was physical all night and dominant on the draw.