Canucks vs grounded jets 5 PST Jonah Gadjovich era begins!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks vs grounded jets 5 PST Jonah Gadjovich era begins!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Travis Green on Höglander: “He's had a good season. He's a good young player with a bright future. I thought he had a very strong game tonight. A lot of shots, a lot of action”

Geez Travis, try not to sound overly happy for Nils. But he has all the time in the world for Lunchbucket. Green needs to go.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Green needs to go
Green needs to go
Green needs to go
Green needs to go
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:07 pm Green needs to go.
Yup. It was discussed at the intermission that there may be more to him remaining unsigned than just money and the longer it goes the better for not seeing him back.

Every team in the league has his play book and know exactly how to hem the team in their own end. Time for something new
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN- 1-0- EVEN:- Nils Hoglander (11) Backhand,- assists: none- 03:04- 1st --- https://streamable.com/ci207g

VAN- 2-0- EVEN: -Bo Horvat (17) Wrist Shot, assists:- Tanner Pearson (7),- Matthew Highmore (4)- 07:21- 1st --- https://streamable.com/dtk96x

VAN- 3-1- EVEN:- Nils Hoglander (12) Wrist Shot,- assists: none -10:16- 3rd --- https://streamable.com/3bspuw

Team- Shots- Hits- Power Play- Face offs
VAN---- 31----- 17------ 0/1------ 35.5% ....Lucky with face off % that lob sided.
WPG--- 40----- 25------ 0/3------ 64.5%

Demko with the solid first save and stack-em rebound --- https://streamable.com/22clqp

Big crash in the Canucks zone. Two Jets go down with Nate watching on ---- https://streamable.com/n3drey

"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 pm
Yup. It was discussed at the intermission that there may be more to him remaining unsigned than just money and the longer it goes the better for not seeing him back.

Every team in the league has his play book and know exactly how to hem the team in their own end. Time for something new
He did well with what he had to start his NHL coaching career with. But this team needs to start graduating to post-secondary levels and the coaching staff are like a bunch of substitute elementary teachers. Green, Brown, Baumgartner need to go.

And yes, the GM needs to finally weed out all of his mistakes and actually bring in a few quality pieces to help out his very good draft picks.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

post game; Nils Hoglander..2:52 min. [Ouch..]
“I played great tonight. I had a lot of chances and I think I can score more goals if I make the most of my opportunities.” - Höglander
post game Thatcher Demko..3:52 min. Big endorsement for Rathbone.
It was a good 60-minutes for us. We were smarter with the puck and had some solid PKs.” - Demko, who made 39 saves ❌🚨❌
post game Bo Horvat..5:08 min.
“It feels a lot better to win. It’s a good team over there, but we did a lot of good things tonight and we got rewarded for it.” - Horvat
--Bo Horvat: It definitely stings missing the playoffs. It's never fun. That's what you play for.-
-Bo Horvat on the COVID outbreak: Everybody battled through it. It wasn't easy to have that happen to us and get thrown back into the fire with teams pushing for the playoffs. I'm proud of our guys. -
post game mean Green..5:08 min.
Travis Green: When you start a season, you want to make the playoffs, and once it's official, it always stings a little bit.
--Travis Green on Höglander: He's had a good season. He's a good young player with a bright future. I thought he had a very strong game tonight. A lot of shots, a lot of action.
--Travis Green on Rathbone: I think he's gotten better every game. I think that comes with a little bit of confidence. You can tell he loves the game and is anxious to learn.
-Travis Green on Rathbone on the PP: He's got a special skill. You can see that. He's got a nice shot, a nice release. He doesn't have a lot of panic in his game.
--Travis Green said they like having a left hand shot skating downhill on the right wing on their PP, and they put Rathbone in the spot that is normally reserved for Pettersson.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:42 pm
rats19 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:37 pm
You can’t spin a dick :crazy:
Well you can but it requires a lot of expensive apparatus.
Last time I did that the poor guy couldn't walk for three months.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He’s too old school Lunchbucket. Once a plumber always a plumber
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:30 pm

He did well with what he had to start his NHL coaching career with. But this team needs to start graduating to post-secondary levels and the coaching staff are like a bunch of substitute elementary teachers. Green, Brown, Baumgartner need to go.

And yes, the GM needs to finally weed out all of his mistakes and actually bring in a few quality pieces to help out his very good draft picks.
I was a fan of Green, but i think it's time for someone new.
Sign Ian Clark ASAP before someone poaches him. If Green doesn't like it, Adios muchacho!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Fuck i hate to say it but JB should consider Claude Julien. He knows how to implement an aggresive forecheck and knows his shit. The way he took that finals into the alley to win against a better team was an epic coaching display. We need that kind of boost
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Green really messed that one up. In a mean nothing game that means everything to the players you let the young kid have a chance. Hoglander earned the right to be out there and had he been and had he gotten the goal the whole team would have been happy for him. Actually could not believe he didn't do it.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 am Green really messed that one up. In a mean nothing game that means everything to the players you let the young kid have a chance. Hoglander earned the right to be out there and had he been and had he gotten the goal the whole team would have been happy for him. Actually could not believe he didn't do it.
Green hates seeing young guys exceed expectations without suffering like he had to. He needs a couch and large prozac capsules
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

If ownership is unwilling to spend outside player contracts during this period of time when there is no gate income, it could have repercussions for years. A solid coaching staff is critical right now during this development stage of the team's own draftees and youngish players.
Green still reminds me of a coach more suited for the minors.
Pretty sure, eight out of ten NHL coaches would have got Hoglander out there to try for the hatty in a game that really meant nothing other than
team development. Pulling for something cool for a team-mate is part of growing as a team.
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Mickey, did any reporters ask green in the post game interview about not having Hogs out there for the hat trick?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:16 am Mickey, did any reporters ask green in the post game interview about not having Hogs out there for the hat trick?
Not that I heard but these interviews can be edited and in all honesty, I'm pretty sure there's a quick chat before they start filming about what will be talked about.
"evolution"