Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:49 am John Davidson would be a great hire as POHO if he wanted to come out west.
Well he's funny as fuck, so there's that.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:11 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:49 am John Davidson would be a great hire as POHO if he wanted to come out west. Give this team back some credibility up top. Get it done Fredo. Flip him the keys and get out of his way.
He might have till he got involved in that boisterous letter to the league and fired all in a 24 hour period.
He wasn't "involved in that boisterous letter to the league."

Just the opposite, he and Gorton were blindsided by that letter (which came directly from the owner).

And I'm not sure what "getting fired" has to do with anything.

Other than that though, great sentence! :mrgreen:

Having said that, I don't want no Gorton or Davidson 'round here.

Jimmy and I got this...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

(Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) May 8, 2021)
Rod Brind’Amour’s extension is official. Three years, believed to be around $1.8M/season. https://t.co/i8p0jtdFdS
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ridiculously cheap considering AV and Q and others are pulling in 4-5 million.

So that’s out the window. Will be interesting to see where the other coaches land and how much they are compensated
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Stutzle with the hattrick, tonight. Jeezus what were the Kings thinking? In 2019 they draft Turcotte over Podkolzin and Hoglander and then this. Just brutal.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:30 pm Ridiculously cheap considering AV and Q and others are pulling in 4-5 million.

So that’s out the window. Will be interesting to see where the other coaches land and how much they are compensated
no doubt! jesus christ, he lowballed em.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Aaron Portzline @Aportzline
The Athletic: John Tortorella won’t return as coach of Blue Jackets next season, per sources.

After six seasons, the winningest coach in CBJ history will move on when his contract expires this summer.
https://theathletic.com/2575297/2021/05 ... x-seasons/ ..maybe paywall

7:34 PM · May 8, 2021
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see Lafrenierre is starting to pick up some steam, it seems like Ole Chefs tough love is paying dividends

Where did this Devon Toews come from, how come Doc didn’t put us into this Abbotsford native?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:58 am I see Lafrenierre is starting to pick up some steam, it seems like Ole Chefs tough love is paying dividends

Where did this Devon Toews come from, how come Doc didn’t put us into this Abbotsford native?
Hargraves suggested acquiring him in the past knowing the Islanders had to make a move. Irrelevant since we didn’t have the cap space or the picks to make it happen.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:08 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:58 am I see Lafrenierre is starting to pick up some steam, it seems like Ole Chefs tough love is paying dividends

Hargraves suggested acquiring him in the past knowing the Islanders had to make a move. Irrelevant since we didn’t have the cap space or the picks to make it happen.
I thought it was just your mild obsession with NYI d-men - Dobson, Hamonic but it seems you’re right however I was worried he was a bit of a Garrison, Aucoin, Sopel type
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I was a fan of Dobson long before he got to NYI.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:21 am I was a fan of Dobson long before he got to NYI.
Same. The isles also agree as hes their future #1 and allowed them to move DT
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://arizonasports.com/story/2643983 ... k-tocchet/

Arizona Coyotes to part ways with head coach Rick Tocchet
BY ARIZONA SPORTS | MAY 9, 2021 AT 11:19 AM
The Arizona Coyotes and Rick Tocchet have mutually agreed to part ways, 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s John Gambadoro reported Sunday morning.

The Coyotes wrapped up a 24-26-6 season with a win on Saturday.

Tocchet departs having coached the Coyotes for four seasons, with a combined 125-131-34 and a single playoff appearance in the pandemic-shortened 2019-20 season.

His tenure included tumult outside of his control. The team’s majority ownership was transferred from Anthony Barroway to Alex Meruelo in 2019.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ei ... ck-injury/

Things are getting ultra ugly in Buffalo. Looks like Eichel and the Sabers are heading for a messy divorce.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:11 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ei ... ck-injury/

Things are getting ultra ugly in Buffalo. Looks like Eichel and the Sabers are heading for a messy divorce.
Alien + Rooster for Jackel. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.