Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:43 pm I get a sense Doyle is gonna bring up Bonino soon and how all by himself he won the cup for the Penguins
Well.... he didn’t win the cup all by himself, but he was a very big part of both cup wins in Pittsburgh.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:48 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:43 pm I get a sense Doyle is gonna bring up Bonino soon and how all by himself he won the cup for the Penguins
Well.... he didn’t win the cup all by himself, but he was a very big part of both cup wins in Pittsburgh.
Quite right, they needed a centre to pass the puck to scoring machine Phil Kessel.

So yeah, someone like Nick Bonino or Jayson Megna...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nick Bonino averages 37 points per 82 games.

Jayson Megna averages 14 points per 82 games.

They are not good comparables. Bonino is one the leagues best third line centres. Megna can barely hang in the league.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeahno, they're exactly the same thing.

Bonino has had better linemates is all. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:09 pm Yeahno, they're exactly the same thing.

He had better line mates for sure. He’s also a far superior player and he’s a TWO TIME cup winner. Was seriously considered for the Conn Smythe Trophy one year. :mex: :mex:

Megna and Brandon Sutter however are almost exactly the same caliber of player
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:22 pm
Megna and Brandon Sutter however are almost exactly the same caliber of player
Minor interruption for laughter; :lol:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:09 pm Yeahno, they're exactly the same thing.

He had better line mates for sure. He’s also a far superior player and he’s a TWO TIME cup winner. Was seriously considered for the Conn Smythe Trophy one year. :mex: :mex:
If Megna was Bonino's centre HE would be a TWO TIME cup winner and seriously considered for the Conn Smythe Trophy. :drink:

Lol "seriously considered"... Bonino received one single solitary vote one year, someone was drunk.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:17 pm

If Megna was Bonino's centre HE would be a TWO TIME cup winner and seriously considered for the Conn Smythe Trophy. :drink:

Lol "seriously considered"... Bonino received one single solitary vote one year, someone was drunk.
No .... sorry. Bonino has gotten guaranteed wages on long term deals for a decade. Megna is on two way deals or tryouts ever year. Pittsburgh would have likely lost both cups if they made that switch.

As was said... a better comparable for Megna is Sutter or even Beagle.

:mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:26 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:17 pm

No .... sorry.
Apology accepted... and I forgive you for being wrong. :drink:

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:26 pm Bonino has gotten guaranteed wages on long term deals for a decade

... a better comparable is Sutter or even Beagle.
Yeahno, Pittsburgh would have won FOUR CUPS if Sutter were there rather than Birdbones Bonino. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bonino’s numbers crush Sutters

:mrgreen: :mex:

Pittsburg had to trade the frail little guy away so they could win :twisted:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So keeping Bonino instead of trading him for Sutter then seeing the American Bonino UFA sign a contract with Nashville two years later would have saved this organization from all your misery we’ve endured from you since we drafted Juolevi, Vin?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:09 pm So keeping Bonino instead of trading him for Sutter then seeing the American Bonino UFA sign a contract with Nashville two years later would have saved this organization from all your misery we’ve endured from you since we drafted Juolevi, Vin?
The smart thing to do would have been to keep him and then flipped him at the 2016 or 2017 deadline.

I just get a charge out of the rage that simply bringing his name up triggers. He is a full on better player than Sutter currently and has been forever. Some folks can’t handle that. :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:58 pm Bonino’s numbers crush Sutters

:mrgreen: :mex:

Pittsburg had to trade the frail little guy away so they could win :twisted:
:roll:

Why I declare... sometimes that Tanner guy just argues for the sake of arguing...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:18 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:09 pm So keeping Bonino instead of trading him for Sutter then seeing the American Bonino UFA sign a contract with Nashville two years later would have saved this organization from all your misery we’ve endured from you since we drafted Juolevi, Vin?
The smart thing to do would have been to keep him and then flipped him at the 2016 or 2017 deadline.

I just get a charge out of the rage that simply bringing his name up triggers. He is a full on better player than Sutter currently and has been forever. Some folks can’t handle that. :mex:
He was definitely special in that playoff series against the Flames and from that great unblemished performance of his in those playoffs it definitely warranted him not to be traded.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I remember Sbisa being on the ice for a lot of goals against and getting abused in that series.