Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Minnesota Wild announce forwards Jason Pominville and Zach Parise have both been diagnosed with the mumps.

According to the team, "Members of the organization that have symptoms are being tested immediately and placed in isolation for a five-day period. Team doctors recently provided players and staff an MMR vaccination and the organization will continue to work closely with the NHL, NHLPA and the Minnesota Department of Health to help prevent further infection."

Pominville has 10 goals and 28 assists in 59 games this season for the Wild and Parise has 14 goals and 14 assists in 50 games played.

The mumps has recently also decimated the Vancouver Canucks' locker room, with two more players and a trainer experiencing symptoms of the mumps, according to Canucks' head coach Willie Desjardins. The team was missing five players due to the highly contagious virus in their 4-1 home loss to the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.

From the National Post:

Carolina Hurricanes coach Bill Peters pulled no punches on Friday when it came to his goaltending situation.

When asked if the remainder of the schedule would be an open competition for time in net between Cam Ward and Eddie Lack, Peters vehemently disagreed and gave a scathing assessment of Lack's play.

"You've gotta push," Peters said, ahead of his team's home-and-home series with the Arizona Coyotes. "The one guy's played 10 games. Eddie's played 10 games and was poor in his last outing, let's not kid ourselves, right?"

Lack last featured in the Hurricanes' 4-3 overtime loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday where he struggled..

"There were 16 shots and four went in," Peters continued. "Not good enough. You look at his numbers in the league and they're not good enough. So I don't think it's much of a competition. I think we've got a guy who's well ahead of the other guy. That's what I see and the numbers back that up."

In nine games this season, the 29-year-old Lack is 2-4-2 with a goals against average of 3.33 and an .873 save percentage.

"When he gets in again, he better play," Peters said. "You better earn some respect from your teammates. Your teammates are out there working their bag off, you better get some saves. And a timely save at the right time wouldn't hurt."

Peters acknowledged that his comments were a "little bit honest," but defensible.

"I just looked it up," Peters said. "You look up any goalie who's played 10 games [this season] in the National Hockey League in the top 60 in save percentage, you know who is 60. There are 30 teams. Not good enough."

The NHL league average save percentage is .913. Among goalies who have played at least nine games this season, Lack is 60th of 60.

The Hurricanes are 25-25-10, last in the Metropolitan Division and second to last in the Eastern Conference. They sit 10 points adrift of the New York Islanders for the final wild-card spot.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ "Make a fucking save!" - Coach Peters

Why don't the Canes simply trade Lack for a 3rd + 7th. :lol:

LMAO the Rubber Pants Brigade was adamant General Benning got thoroughly raped in that trade!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE A REBUILD
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/p-k- ... ioner-nhl/

“One day I’d love to be the commissioner of the NHL,” Subban said.

OMG was P.K. just visited by a time traveler?? :crazy:

____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Anton-Reese to penguins 2 yr EL contract
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bob Mackenzie:

As release indicates, ZAR reports to WBS of AHL on ATO and NHL contract kicks in next season. #acronyms
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) March 14, 2017

Guess he went with an eastern US based contender and wasn't concerned about burning a year off his ELC. Good for him signing the ATO and showing he wants to help the farm team. Character.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote:Anton-Reese to penguins 2 yr EL contract
That's good for him, plus I'm really hoping to land Kerfoot instead who could become available this summer.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040- ... t-1.696331

I've said this a few times now, but Kerfoot is a great playmaker pivot, he is what this team is currently lacking, besides the near retired Hank we don't have any other center really who can setup his wingers well with vision and super passes.

And no Bo isn't a superb Adam Oates passer, he's more like Kesler powering his way to the net like a bull, who can dish a pass a bit off the rush, but isn't the type to slow it down and make plays.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Anyone check out the Gordy Howe elbow to crybaby Doubtys face lat night? Lol
Walts kid is money. 46 pts would put him one behind our blue chip stud Horvats team leading 47...
I cant help but wish Benning had taken the bpa
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Anyone check out the Gordy Howe elbow to crybaby Doubtys face lat night? Lol
Walts kid is money. 46 pts would put him one behind our blue chip stud Horvats team leading 47...
According to insiders "Walt" is dumber than a sack of hammers. Gonna see a lot of dumb things come out of this dumbass until he retires.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Anyone check out the Gordy Howe elbow to crybaby Doubtys face lat night? Lol
According to insiders "Walt" is dumber than a sack of hammers. Gonna see a lot of dumb things come out of this dumbass until he retires.
For a player thats so dumb hes somehow equalled our best players output while playing a tough and dirty game with balls. I bet flames fans cant wait for more "dumb things" out of jr
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dude doesn't like guys who play a hard nosed game. He just wants to watch a bunch of pussies play in his spandex while he drinks fuzzy navels
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Dude doesn't like guys who play a hard nosed game. He just wants to watch a bunch of pussies play in his spandex while he drinks fuzzy navels
Lol neither does Benning...apparently
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Dude doesn't like guys who play a hard nosed game. He just wants to watch a bunch of pussies play in his spandex while he drinks fuzzy navels
Lol neither does Benning...apparently

Yep Dude and his fuzzy navel crew don't like the rough stuff. Turn the other cheek they say. Violence never solved anything .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Lindy Ruff is a free agent.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Lindy Ruff is a free agent.
Solid coach.
Ruff has a reputation as a hard-nosed coach. reputation as a defensive-minded coach.

His system promotes defense without stifling offense and he isn't afraid of using young players.
Stars team was great for 3 years, then the dreaded injuries woes hit em hard this season and everyone knows their goaltending sucked balls.
Their drafting has been horrible.
And the JB mantra about Seguin continues..
Seguin's playoff stats with Dallas

He's been great during regular season, but I guess Nill hasn't been able to deliver for rest of team, notably goaltending, and everyone around here knows how hard it is to find secondary scoring after the Sedins....we finally find some in Bo/Bart but now the Sedins are nearing retirement.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.