Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Seeing to much Griffin in Sam Reinhart. I wouldn't chance it

Nick Ritchie - 3 goals 8 assists
Sam Bennett - 6 goals 11 assists
Jared McCann - 5 goals 6 assists
Sam Reinhart - 7 goals 6 assists
Jake Virtanen - 6 goals 4 assists
Michael Dal Colle - 0 goals 0 assists
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Still Reinhart has 103 points in 211 games avg almost .5 points a game, he's best on the powerplay naturally, I'm gonna guess Sabres - Phil Housley as their new head coach might have been detrimental for SR's game this season, Sam is the good buy low option this season.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 am Still Reinhart has 103 points in 211 games avg almost .5 points a game, he's best on the powerplay naturally, I'm gonna guess Sabres - Phil Housley as their new head coach might have been detrimental for SR's game this season, Sam is the good buy low option this season.
He has an irrational hate for Tkachuks, Stromes, Reinharts and Richies
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Love the Sedins, Sutters, Stastnys, Espositos, Hulls, I'm ok with the Tkachuks it's just your man crush for them is way over the top
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 am Still Reinhart has 103 points in 211 games avg almost .5 points a game, he's best on the powerplay naturally, I'm gonna guess Sabres - Phil Housley as their new head coach might have been detrimental for SR's game this season, Sam is the good buy low option this season.
Mëds wants to know if you are drafting any of those 6 Canadians whose 2017-18 stats I posted above ahead of their draft class mates, Euros - Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Nylander and Ehlers?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:41 am
wants to know if you are drafting any of those 6 Canadians whose 2017-18 stats I posted above ahead of their draft class mates, Euros - Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Nylander and Ehlers?

The only iffy one is Nylander.
2014 re-draft:

Ekblad
Draisaitl
Pastrnak
Ehlers
Larkin
Nylander better passer/assists OR Reinhart better shot/goals...Nylander got a lot of assists iirc with Matthews early on.

As an aside...Tryamkin when he makes his TRYumphant return, could be the 2nd best dman this draft, the potential is insane.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

In due time, SKYO I believe Tryamkin will be the best D man of the 2014 Draft Class. At the least he should have gone top 5 in 2014
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:54 am In due time, SKYO I believe Tryamkin will be the best D man of the 2014 Draft Class. At the least he should have gone top 5 in 2014
So you're including KHL players and their KHL careers in your assessment of this?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:17 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:54 am In due time, SKYO I believe Tryamkin will be the best D man of the 2014 Draft Class. At the least he should have gone top 5 in 2014
So you're including KHL players and their KHL careers in your assessment of this?
He's a prospect of an NHL team, yeah/no? An NHL affiliated prospect voted defenceman if the month twice this KHL season so far, yeah/no? An NHL affiliated prospect with 9 goals 16 assists 109 PIMs in the KHL this season, yeah/no?
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cory Crawford suffering from vertigo and other symptoms. Could be done for the rest of the year.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:05 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:17 pm
He's a prospect of an NHL team, yeah/no? An NHL affiliated prospect voted defenceman if the month twice this KHL season so far, yeah/no? An NHL affiliated prospect with 9 goals 16 assists 109 PIMs in the KHL this season, yeah/no?

As long as there is hope that Trymakin will one day return I think one can safely include him in prospects/young players with potential category. By all accounts he wants to come back but we are looking at at least one more complete season, potentially two.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Trymynapkin will return, you know he'll return
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yup all the best Russians are in the NHL, all the russkies always say this is the best league in the world, thus! Tryamkin will return if not for 2018/19, most definitely for the 2019/20 season just when:

Horvat
Pettersson
Gaudette

trio of canucks centers start to get their NHL skills going. :o
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^So... 1 -2 years from now? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 pm ^So... 1 -2 years from now? :mex:
You nailed it Doc!