Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:20 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:23 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:17 pm It angers so many because hes right
293 lb tantalum and Little Mathownwy are two of the loudest whiners over at the piss pond regarding this issue.
I've been posting in the OT thread at HFCanucks about this.

Some poster named Hansen has been giving me free lessons on free speech and what should/should-not be allowed in a hockey forum.

Then the mods decided to delete a Hansen's post:
Love that minorities of all kinds should be hated, hurt, and suffer at the behest of white people being allowed to do whatever the **** they want with no consequence
:shock:

Like what the fooooock? :crazy:

Buddy Hansen also said he reads at the Corner all the time and doesn't approve of all the ad-hominems. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He’s the same mouth breather that said Rick Dhaliwal got clipped at AM650 because of the colour of his skin. Throw that in his face. It didn’t really get challenged much.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

My Scottish grandfather who immigrated here in 1910 fought in the First World War, fought in France for 3 years between 1916-19. My uncle, his son, fought in world war 2 so I have a right to bitch about it, but I’m too old and less angry to give a fuck cause life isn’t that black and white to bitch at. But Doyle on the other hand is disrespectful and incompetent
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:30 pm The WOP half of me immigrated to Canada in 1903. The Scottish half of me immigrated to Canada in 1910, but for some reason Scots like Cherry seem to think this Country is theirs. That being said I don’t necessarily disagree with him, I just can’t fucking stand the generalizing cause it’s lazy as fuck racism. When I voted a few weeks back I witnessed races and religion of all kind so don’t tell me that white ass Scottish Don Cherry’s are the only Canadians that care. Just because you don’t put a poppy on your chest doesn’t mean you don’t respect Remembrance Day
Yeahno, it's not racism Dude.

And I hope you didn't vote for Trudeau... cuz damn:

https://twitter.com/brianlilley/status/ ... 3966013440
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:47 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:30 pm The WOP half of me immigrated to Canada in 1903. The Scottish half of me immigrated to Canada in 1910, but for some reason Scots like Cherry seem to think this Country is theirs. That being said I don’t necessarily disagree with him, I just can’t fucking stand the generalizing cause it’s lazy as fuck racism. When I voted a few weeks back I witnessed races and religion of all kind so don’t tell me that white ass Scottish Don Cherry’s are the only Canadians that care. Just because you don’t put a poppy on your chest doesn’t mean you don’t respect Remembrance Day
Yeahno, it's not racism Dude.

And I hope you didn't vote for Trudeau... cuz damn:

https://twitter.com/brianlilley/status/ ... 3966013440
I’m just bitching, Doc.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:47 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:20 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:23 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:17 pm It angers so many because hes right
293 lb tantalum and Little Mathownwy are two of the loudest whiners over at the piss pond regarding this issue.
I've been posting in the OT thread at HFCanucks about this.

Some poster named Hansen has been giving me free lessons on free speech and what should/should-not be allowed in a hockey forum.

Then the mods decided to delete a Hansen's post:
Love that minorities of all kinds should be hated, hurt, and suffer at the behest of white people being allowed to do whatever the **** they want with no consequence
:shock:

Like what the fooooock? :crazy:

Buddy Hansen also said he reads at the Corner all the time and doesn't approve of all the ad-hominems. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He’s the same mouth breather that said Rick Dhaliwal got clipped at AM650 because of the colour of his skin. Throw that in his face. It didn’t really get challenged much.
No need, he's reading here right now. :D

A guy like him has a lot of nerve ranting about racism wot?

Thoughts Hansen? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... py-comment
I have just learned I’ve been fired by Sportsnet for comments made on Coach’s Corner Nov. 9,” Cherry told me in a phone interview. “No problem.” Cherry added: “I know what I said and I meant it. Everybody in Canada should wear a poppy to honour our fallen soldiers.” And Cherry said his words were not racial or bigoted but patriotic and respectful of our troops.

To keep my job, I cannot be turned into a tamed robot,” said Cherry. Still, he admits, being fired on Remembrance Day does hurt “because I would have liked to continue doing Coach’s Corner. The problem is if I have to watch everything I say, it isn’t Coach’s Corner.”
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:47 pm My Scottish grandfather who immigrated here in 1910 fought in the First World War, fought in France for 3 years between 1916-19. My uncle, his son, fought in world war 2 so I have a right to bitch about it, but I’m too old and less angry to give a fuck cause life isn’t that black and white to bitch at. But Doyle on the other hand is disrespectful and incompetent
Doyle likely had more relatives than yourself serve in global conflicts
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:09 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:47 pm My Scottish grandfather who immigrated here in 1910 fought in the First World War, fought in France for 3 years between 1916-19. My uncle, his son, fought in world war 2 so I have a right to bitch about it, but I’m too old and less angry to give a fuck cause life isn’t that black and white to bitch at. But Doyle on the other hand is disrespectful and incompetent
Doyle likely had more relatives than yourself serve in global conflicts
But could they leap tall buildings in a single bound?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I suspect Don was offered the same chance at a mea culpa as the weasel McLean performed..

Not a fucking chance.

A jelly fish, has more backbone than Ron.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:24 pm I suspect Don was offered the same chance at a mea culpa as the weasel McLean performed..

Not a fucking chance.

A jelly fish, has more backbone than Ron.
Ron is indeed spineless for throwing Don under the bus like that. Good to know who your friends are when the shit hits the fan.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

It angers people because Don is wrong. New immigrants are just like everyone else, some do, some don’t whatever. Wearing a poppy is not a measure of how respectful one is. Don needs to get off his high horse.

BUT

No way should Don Cherry lose his job over what he said. It was not meant as hateful or racist he was just wrong. We all make mistakes let’s move on.

Fuck Ron and Rogers though
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Topper wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:38 pm Cherry has always displayed xenophobia, in fact it was much more extreme in the past.

So what's changed? :mex:
You'd think he flipped a pencil in the air.

Saddest part is watching McLean go holier than tho throwing Don under the bus.

Fucking chickenshit
Disagree. Ron is used to nodding along with Cherry's opinion. He meant his apology. Have you not been in on something that did not work out? MacLean is alright with me. I mean, WTF how many of us are perfect?

It was offensive but so what?
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

It is hard to keep our outrage at a low level but.....?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

This isn't over by a long shot. Can't see how Ron Mclaine can do anything other than his Hometown Hockey stuff now.
Wait! Isn't that about grass roots and heritage to a large degree? Ironic.

I personally think Cherry was getting a little too shaky to keep going much longer but to get canned for something that could have been straightened out is preposterous.

There was an essence of directional content I suppose, but that happens all the time, everywhere, and those who scream racism the loudest
and most expeditious, I find, to be amongst the most racist of all. Glory seekers they are.

Sportsnet is sanctimonious and it's reeking. Ick. Yup! More shit to hit the fan at hand.

Dumb question; Who edits out or doesn't show the violence, ugly hits, fights, etc., in the youtube game-highlights?
Guess it's youtube but I actually don't know. It's on TV highlights. Youtube has lots of hockey fighting in other features.
Don't get it.

FYI;
Jeff Hutcheson
Coaches Corner is taped Saturdays..because the regional games don’t all finish the 1st period together, it actually ran 3 times.. leaves/Flyers, Habs/Kings and Sens/Hurricanes. That means
@Sportsnet taped it, heard what was said, yet let it run 3 times
6:58 PM · Nov 11, 2019 from
"evolution"
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Cherry’s shtick was old years ago and he should have been put to pasture along with Bob Cole. His end has been coming. You could take his words a couple of ways - benign or malign - but it depends on how one interprets ‘you people’ it’s easy/lazy/convenient to draw a direct line towards xenophobia and racism, but I see something beneath that resonates more soundly and it’s this: “you people” can mean all those sanctimonious “Toronto the Good” types who claim a vision of Canada utterly at odds with much of the rest of Canada but which they arrogantly believe is what Canada should be - and it doesn’t include the old-Canada values such as recognizing war-mongering baby-killers. Toronto has always been ambivalent at best towards the military and more often hostile. We’re seen as a white, old-Canada anachronism. The fact so few wear poppies - regardless of ethnicity - is telling. Cherry’s views, I take as an indictment of the GTA and the other urbanites who are at best indifferent to the sacrifices made by Canada’s soldiers, and more often contemptuous. Look who they put into office in Ottawa??
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.