From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:19 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:15 pm wonder if the flames sell the farm for Eichel?
Elliotte Friedman on 590 rn just said that the teams he’s heard the most about in regard to Eichel is the Flames
I would guess it would be Tkachuk, either Doobeh or Mangina plus one of Valimaki or Andersson. That would set Buffalo up nicely
That offer makes a bit of sense Lizzy. The Sabres get a couple cost controlled assets and the right to flip Turtle. Is Eichel going to be able to play this season is the real question. Eichel is a hell of a player but a spinal injury is nothing to be taken lightly. It’s not a shoulder injury or even a concussion.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:27 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:19 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:15 pm wonder if the flames sell the farm for Eichel?
Elliotte Friedman on 590 rn just said that the teams he’s heard the most about in regard to Eichel is the Flames
I would guess it would be Tkachuk, either Doobeh or Mangina plus one of Valimaki or Andersson. That would set Buffalo up nicely
That offer makes a bit of sense Lizzy. The Sabres get a couple cost controlled assets and the right to flip Turtle. Is Eichel going to be able to play this season is the real question. Eichel is a hell of a player but a spinal injury is nothing to be taken lightly. It’s not a shoulder injury or even a concussion.
I think that the Sabres are going after more prospects and draft picks. They will have to take back some players who can play now - like Tkachuk. They will probably lose one young D (probably Valimaki) and then one high level prospect like Peltier or Zary, and then a 1st round pick. I'm pretty sure the flames aren't going to include Mangiapane or Dube and they would be foolish to do so.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

So Tkachuk, Vallimaki, prospect, 1st?

I think another roster player will need to go for cap reasons, no?

If I'm a flames can I don't know if I like this deal, but as a Canucks fan I say go for it!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I just took a look at the Flames player stats and Tkachuk has 2 points in 5 games while Monahan has 0. 😮
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Losing all that without getting Eichel for six months probably knocks them out of the playoffs this season. Next season and moving forward, if Eichel returns fully healthy, it’d be a good deal. Are they willing to potentially write off this season for future success?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 am Losing all that without getting Eichel for six months probably knocks them out of the playoffs this season. Next season and moving forward, if Eichel returns fully healthy, it’d be a good deal. Are they willing to potentially write off this season for future success?
I don’t think so, if the team has bought into sutter’s coaching they’re probably a playoff team. Treliving did a good job getting players that can play sutter’s style of game. I honestly think the team is better with gio gone as well, let’s some new voices take hold in the dressing room. Gio always seemed like a wet noodle captain to me.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 am Losing all that without getting Eichel for six months probably knocks them out of the playoffs this season. Next season and moving forward, if Eichel returns fully healthy, it’d be a good deal. Are they willing to potentially write off this season for future success?
I mean they'd beat out other teams for Eichel's services, so they might do it.

People want to see Mcdavid vs Eichel battle of Alberta aha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Ok, who are these guys and what did they do with the real Calgary Flames? :lol: :lol: 5 wins in a row on the road :thumbs:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BCExpat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:31 pm Ok, who are these guys and what did they do with the real Calgary Flames? :lol: :lol: 5 wins in a row on the road :thumbs:
Passive aggressive behaviour isn’t welcome here…
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

rats19 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:33 pm
BCExpat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:31 pm Ok, who are these guys and what did they do with the real Calgary Flames? :lol: :lol: 5 wins in a row on the road :thumbs:
Yeah you are right Rats. On the bright side - I'm a Canucks fan on Saturday when they play the Oilers ;)
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BCExpat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 pm
Yeah you are right Rats. On the bright side - I'm a Canucks fan on Saturday when they play the Oilers ;)
Not into much brown nosing round these parts… :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

LOL, Rats has a low tolerance for fans of other teams. :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

rats19 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:47 pm
BCExpat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 pm
Not into much brown nosing round these parts… :wink:
:lol: :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Don’t look now but Daryl the Dinosaur has the Flames playing some damn good hockey. Looks like the top 2 spots in the Pacific are going to Alberia this season.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:57 am Don’t look now but Daryl the Dinosaur has the Flames playing some damn good hockey. Looks like the top 2 spots in the Pacific are going to Alberia this season.
I agree. Defense wins championships and these 2 teams look solid at the quarter pole.

I am curious how they look down the stretch as the other contenders find their games and ramp up the intensity. The coil love to choke when it counts but this flames group is anyone's guess
If you need air...call it in