From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Yawn, fart, burp.
One of your better posts.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:Sadly, Jacob 's development has stalled and he has done nothing to wrestle the #1 job from Miller. It is unfortunate.

In hindsite, for those who see with their myopic brown eye, the LE signing has been disappointing. he is definitely a streaky point scorer and if you were to look at the stats, he's about 6-8 points behind where you'd expect him in the lineup.
it seems LE = Geoff Courtnall

when he cashes in its so frustrating that he doesnt do that all the time
:lol:

Eriksson has half the speed, two-thirds the shot, and about a quarter the grit, but for sure he's got 100% of the frustration.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:Sadly, Jacob 's development has stalled and he has done nothing to wrestle the #1 job from Miller. It is unfortunate.

In hindsite, for those who see with their myopic brown eye, the LE signing has been disappointing. he is definitely a streaky point scorer and if you were to look at the stats, he's about 6-8 points behind where you'd expect him in the lineup.
it seems LE = Geoff Courtnall

when he cashes in its so frustrating that he doesnt do that all the time
Lol sorry NDP that's a poor comparison
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
So it is your position that the Canucks are further ahead with Boeser, Juolevi, and Whoever (+ Miller's no doubt exemplary leadership) than they would have been with McDavid, Matthews, and Whoever (+ some other goalie's only adequate mentorship) ? That is to say, two players who have yet to play in the NHL will be more useful in the crucial 2-3 years than two players of the same age who are already having NHL success ? This strains any sober credulity to the breaking point. What is in that kool-aid Doc ?
Post of the thread. The Gulpers have been owned.

Ronnings Ghost just knocked the Doctah the fuck out. Good Night Ronda Rousey
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote:So as GM you would've what... broken all 4 Sedin legs... for a 20% shot in a rigged lottery? :shock:
I would have directed my coach to carefully manage their ice time to keep them in good shape. I might have also directed him to put a stone-handed goon on their line who performed amateur dentistry on anyone who looked at them sideways. That would at least improve the chance that they were still ready to perform at a high level when the (foreshortened by high draft picks) rebuild was over.
Strangelove wrote:Yeah you're not getting any of this "Winning Culture" stuff at all are ya buds....
Even if I allowed that trying to foster a "Winning Culture" was useful, they're not succeeding in that, anyway. What i really wanted them to avoid is what they have: not winning, but not losing consistently enough to draft high.
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: So it is your position that the Canucks are further ahead with Boeser, Juolevi, and Whoever (+ Miller's no doubt exemplary leadership) than they would have been with McDavid, Matthews, and Whoever
UMMMM... no way were Canucks going to get McDavid there Bright Eyes.
If you're that certain that the league is rigged, why emotionally invest at all ? I don't think it's completely honest and transparent, but if the league had rigged that lottery outcome, they would have sent McDavid somewhere besides Edmonton.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The argument is misdirected, taking about McDavid and Matthews like we had a chance, which is impossible thanks to these Swedish brothers we have, who have quietly willed their broken bodies every sad season after 2011 to try to win, even with all the odds stacked against them, they never give up.

The owners fucked up on a possible rebuild and a shot at mcdavy, as Gillis re-signed the Sedins in 2013 to 4 year contract extensions $7M a piece with NMC's, and then the Aquabros let Gillis go in 2014 and brought in a new General Manager to fix the franchise from staleness, none of you in a real life GM position would have never would have said, first year - lets ditch the Sedins and tank. You'd be fired before you were hired.

Ya'll make it seem soo easy.

2014/15 - Sedins killed it.

2015/16 - Henrik hurt all year, couldn't even sit down a lot of games, a shit load of injuries last season where we fell to 3rd best chance at tanking glory, but lo and behold Canucks luck we lose that and pick 5th.

Like it or not this team is built and stuck around the old Sedins, so you make the best of the situation, as with them even if 70% healthy this team can't tank fully, and that's with or without Miller.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote:Like it or not this team is built and stuck around the old Sedins, so you make the best of the situation, as with them even if 70% healthy this team can't tank fully, and that's with or without Miller.
We can't sensibly argue about policy if we don't agree on the facts. I don't believe the post 2013 Sedins in carefully controlled minutes could have outscored the inevitable mistakes of a Lack/Markstom goaltending duo and a defence featuring pre-psychotherapy Luca Sbisa. If you think they could have, well, I'm glad there is a Canucks fan who gives them that much credit and respect.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
SKYO wrote:Like it or not this team is built and stuck around the old Sedins, so you make the best of the situation, as with them even if 70% healthy this team can't tank fully, and that's with or without Miller.
We can't sensibly argue about policy if we don't agree on the facts. I don't believe the post 2013 Sedins in carefully controlled minutes could have outscored the inevitable mistakes of a Lack/Markstom goaltending duo and a defence featuring pre-psychotherapy Luca Sbisa. If you think they could have, well, I'm glad there is a Canucks fan who gives them that much credit and respect.
To this very day, the Sedins are "still" drawing other team's most effective counter measures. That makes it look worse than it is.
Horvat's line is emerging but 1/3rd of that is Burrows, not a perfect case scenario.
Eriksson & Sutter are to some degree, under performing, that doesn't help.
Would I have moved on without them 3 or 4 years ago? Yes, but most thought that foolish.
It is what it is. We need to be harder to coach against.

Note; Some of the Sedin's bad habits have been there for a very long time.
Extremely slow getting off the ice.
Hooking & tripping penalties cause they've stayed out too long.
These aren't new things.

Another note; Surprisingly, It isn't Miller having problems conforming to the mandatory goalie equipment. He already has. Rumor has it, it's the other guy. ;)
Last edited by Mickey107 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Since 2012/13 the Canucks have the same points % as the Winnipeg Jets.

Of course a rebuild was possible with the Sedins. We've been in the bottom-10 with them, and the guys Benning has acquired to stay competitive while not really being competitive.

The health argument only exposes our lack of depth (another reason to rebuild). Hank got hurt last year. Guess what? He's in his late 30's!

The lottery will always factor in, but had we been actually rebuilding we'd have an extra 7-10 prospects at this stage, and the results on the ice would not be markedly different.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
So it is your position that the Canucks are further ahead with Boeser, Juolevi, and Whoever (+ Miller's no doubt exemplary leadership) than they would have been with McDavid, Matthews, and Whoever (+ some other goalie's only adequate mentorship) ? That is to say, two players who have yet to play in the NHL will be more useful in the crucial 2-3 years than two players of the same age who are already having NHL success ? This strains any sober credulity to the breaking point. What is in that kool-aid Doc ?
Post of the thread. The Gulpers have been owned.

Ronnings Ghost just knocked the Doctah the fuck out. Good Night Ronda Rousey
....and Bubble won the 6/49

again

and again

and again
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: So it is your position that the Canucks are further ahead with Boeser, Juolevi, and Whoever (+ Miller's no doubt exemplary leadership) than they would have been with McDavid, Matthews, and Whoever
UMMMM... no way were Canucks going to get McDavid there Bright Eyes.
If you're that certain that the league is rigged, why emotionally invest at all ? I don't think it's completely honest and transparent, but if the league had rigged that lottery outcome, they would have sent McDavid somewhere besides Edmonton.
UMMMM... Canucks had 101 points that season.

Leaves had 68, Oilers had 62, Coyotes had 56, Sabres had 54 points. :scowl:

No way could Canucks have sunk that low and

... the last place team had only a 20% chance of winning the lottery (McDavid).

You are the dumbest smart guy ever. :crazy:

WAKE. THE. FUCK. UP.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Ronnings Ghost just knocked the Doctah the fuck out. Good Night Ronda Rousey
I sincerely apologize for having offended you in any way...... Bubbles! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Ronnings Ghost just knocked the Doctah the fuck out. Good Night Ronda Rousey
I sincerely apologize for having offended you in any way...... Bubbles! :lol:
You haven't offended me old buddy.

As far as I know we are still good and even though you have painted yourself into a corner regarding Elmer and co. I still love ya buds. :)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:painted yourself into a corner regarding Elmer and co.
Oh the irony, oh the humanity...

If the rebuild fails everyone hates you... and your team sucks for another decade.

If the rebuild succeeds you become (even more of) a running joke around here.

YOU:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I've been very open minded regarding Elmer and have given him props for some moves like Tryamkin, Baertschi and Tanevs contract. I even liked the Gudbranson trade even though it hasn't paid any dividends as of yet. The shitty moves he has made he has been justifiably carved for. You on the other hand think the guy has done a real bang up job and hasn't made any blunders, which is pretty ridonkulous to say the least.

Any way this is a thread to bash the hillbilly inbred retards to the east and it's time to get that shit back on track.