From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Cornuck »

Wow - their GDT for tonight is just... depressing.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=116324
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
okcanuck
CC Veteran

Post by okcanuck »

Cornuck wrote:Wow - their GDT for tonight is just... depressing.

That Bertuzzied moron probably still walks on all fours and eats his own feces.
Canuck-One
AHL Prospect

Post by Canuck-One »

Hatred is such a strong emotion. It must be tough for people who have to live in Calgary and watch as Vancouver keeps winning. It just doesn't seem fair for us to have everything like we do. The setting, the lifestyle, the world beats a path to our door. Yeah I can understand bertuzzied and feel sorry for his pathetic little life in a windy frozen city that nobody cares about.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think the fans at tonight's game should help all Flames. Everyone buy a Flames jersey or hat. Every time a Canuck scores throw some of the shit on the ice. Next game the Flames fans will want to retaliate. So we go into Calgary and SO the Flames and all the fans will have to leave with Canuck shit.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

And Bingo bans other and lets shit heads like Bertuzzied post his stuff? Wow Bingo is the biggest (starts with an R and ends in a D). Just amazing that that guy wanted Chris to ban people that he banned. I have never met a fan base as bad as them night after night and call Nuck fans classless.

Mark my words, in 2 - 3 years that site will have 100 posters as all the kids stop watching the Flames.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think this is an acknowledgement that we had a good team last year when Calpuke says we are not as good as we were last season. All they did was slag us last year well look boys and girls, look where we are. No fluke two years in a row right at the top.

But then the MAG goal should have been waived off since Lappy interfered with the goalie not named Kipper.
Vpete
CC Veteran

Post by Vpete »

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... stcount=70

This is all that needs to be known about the Flames and their management.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Vpete wrote:http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... stcount=70

This really makes me wonder..

Was Bouwmeester simply overrated and overhyped???
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
dhabums
CC Veteran

Post by dhabums »

I get the feeling many Calpuckers think Rob Kerr and Mark Lee are partially to blame for them missing the playoffs.
Fred
CC Rookie

Post by Fred »

CrzyCanuck wrote:

Calgary out bid Vcr for Bouwmeester so lets keep mum about that :oops:
cheers
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Reefer2 wrote:

And Bingo bans other and lets shit heads like Bertuzzied post his stuff? Wow Bingo is the biggest (starts with an R and ends in a D). Just amazing that that guy wanted Chris to ban people that he banned. I have never met a fan base as bad as them night after night and call Nuck fans classless.

Mark my words, in 2 - 3 years that site will have 100 posters as all the kids stop watching the Flames.
There is one poster there, Poe969 who seems to understand where the Phlegms are at but he's from Thunder Bay and not Calgary.

I half expected a CalPuke thread calling the Canucks chicken for going all out by sitting terrible players like Daniel Sedin, Bieksa, Ballard and all and bringing in ringers like Ebbett, Gragnani and Alberts in order to win last night so the Canucks wouldn't have to face the Phlegms juggernaut in the first round of the playoffs where the Canucks would be hopelessly outmatched :shock:.
One idiot over there stated if the Phlegms retained Jokinen and signed PA Parenteau from the Island, they would have the talent to make the playoffs next season. He didn't sign in as Ken King :lol: .
Nice to see the Canucks help eliminate the Calgary Phlegms for the third year in a row. Enjoy golf season, CalPukers.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Fred wrote:
CrzyCanuck wrote:

No, every team in the NHL was looking at a 25 year old, 40pt UFA defenceman and the Phlegms traded for his rights before he became a UFA. They then traded away another hyped D-man in Phaneuf to prevent friction in the dressing room between the two. It wasn't a bidding war between the Canucks and the Phlegms which Calgary won and we really had no idea how much interest Gillis had in J-Bo. There's no proof the Canucks finished second in pursuing him.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

dhabums wrote:I get the feeling many Calpuckers think Rob Kerr and Mark Lee are partially to blame for them missing the playoffs.
Don't forget Jim Hughson, he's to blame too. Peter "he soots and sckeoorrrz" Loumbardios needs be brought back to help the Phlegms win the Cup.
Blaster86
AHL Prospect

Post by Blaster86 »

Phaneuf wasn't sent out because he was rubbing Bouwmeester the wrong way. It was Iginla and Regehr. I remember in the December before the Phaneuf deal, the Flames were floundering and I said on that forum that the Flames had to look at dealing one of Regehr or Iginla. Phaneuf should be untouchable since at the time he had more upside and was a player to build around, while Iginla was slumping and Regehr was never that good. Instead they deal Phaneuf for Matt Stajan and Regehr for Chris Butler two years later. Dealing Regehr at the time leaves them with the better player and probably the same type of package coming back.

As for Bouwmeester, he just isn't that good. He's a Seabrook, not a Keith. He can't lead a team's back end by example, he needs someone to follow. Everyone thought that he didn't look good in Florida because "Well it's Florida," and he was supposed to be a King-Maker for the Calgary Flames. It wasn't just the Flames that liked the guy either. He was heavily sought after. What Sutter did, at the time, was a coup. Hindsight is a funny thing.

Flames have way more problems than just him though. Biggest games of the season down the stretch and Kipprusoff was letting in absolute garbage, he kept them in a lot of games but helped them lose a few too. Their key players are all getting too old, no centers who can really be relied on to win a draw, still no back-up goalie. Karlsson's expressions after each goal last night was as if he knew it was coming, like there was nothing he could do to stop those pucks.

I hope they fire Sutter. He got given junk three years in a row and pushed that junk to the limit of their abilities three years in a row. Chalk another one up to the Coach-Killer that is Jarome Iginla.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Fred wrote:

Well, actually no Fred. Calgary traded for his rights and offered his big contract before July 1 so we never actually had a chance to bid for him and MG was not going to trade draft picks for the rights to an UFA so we were never really in the hunt. But I get the point.