Out of Town Scores - 2022-23

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Out of Town Scores - 2022-23

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is it time to consider American Jason Robertson an elite level player. He’s surging bigly, 1 point behind McDavid and about to pass him on the leader board for no. 1 in the league. 6’-3” 200 lbs I mean what’s not to like about this kid? How does he go 39th overall in the 2nd round of 2017? Detroit fans must be kicking themselves, Ken Holland selected a nobody named Lindstrom 38th overall

Heiskenen, Oettinger and Robertson in one draft? WOW!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Anaheim Ducks are definitely favoured to win the Bedard sweepstakes, they stink…but do we really want one of Bedard or Fantilli going there? Never mind Michkov?

Can you imagine a top 3 knockout punch Center 3-some in:

Zegras
Bedard or Fantilli
McTavish
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:44 am The Anaheim Ducks are definitely favoured to win the Bedard sweepstakes, they stink…but do we really want one of Bedard or Fantilli going there? Never mind Michkov?

Can you imagine a top 3 knockout punch Center 3-some in:

Zegras
Bedard or Fantilli
McTavish
I'd prefer them over Chicago who has won the draft lotto a lot prior to their multi-cup Stanley Cup championships, and most know they were tanking this offseason.

And their shitty defense? it's gonna take Anaheim 7 years to fix that.

Better them than any other American team.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Looks like Jack Hughes has arrived.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Bloody hell. EDM ties it up with 4.4 seconds left and win it in OT.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

8-8 kings, kracks....going to OT
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Flames beat the panthers 6 - 2. Bob looks very shaky and not very confident. If you get him in net when they play the Canucks, it should be an easy game for you.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:17 am Is it time to consider American Jason Robertson an elite level player. He’s surging bigly, 1 point behind McDavid and about to pass him on the leader board for no. 1 in the league. 6’-3” 200 lbs I mean what’s not to like about this kid? How does he go 39th overall in the 2nd round of 2017? Detroit fans must be kicking themselves, Ken Holland selected a nobody named Lindstrom 38th overall

Jowls chose Kole Lind at 33 in that draft.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:45 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:17 am Is it time to consider American Jason Robertson an elite level player. He’s surging bigly, 1 point behind McDavid and about to pass him on the leader board for no. 1 in the league. 6’-3” 200 lbs I mean what’s not to like about this kid? How does he go 39th overall in the 2nd round of 2017? Detroit fans must be kicking themselves, Ken Holland selected a nobody named Lindstrom 38th overall

Jowls chose Kole Lind at 33 in that draft.
Blobbee Sacamano, listen the Stars scouting department had a great haul in 2017. Heiskenen was an easy choice but the Oettinger and Robertson picks? Very good. And in 2015 landing Hintz in the 2nd round was very good, however the stars hasn’t exactly aligned for them on pretty much every other class outside those two since 2015

Gurianov - 2015 1st (same class as Hintz)
Tufte - 2016 1st
Dellandrea - 2018 1st
Harley - 2019 1st
Bourque - 2020 1st
Johnston - 2021 1st
Bichsel - 2022 1st
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jason Robertson with hattrick tonight. Who is this guy?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:05 pm Jason Robertson with hattrick tonight. Who is this guy?
I wonder what Nill was battling him on to settle for 4 @ 31 after a camp hold out.

Betcha he wishes he got him for 8 X 9.25 now.

Kids gonna make huge sheets @ 28.
DeLevering since 1999.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Markstrom is taking a lot of heat from flames fans after a gaff that led to a Montreal goal just 13 seconds into the game. The game ended up 2 -1 for the Habs, although the Flames dominated - they just couldn't capitalize. Well fuck it, they weren't going to win a cup anyway, so they may as well miss the playoffs and get a shot a Bedard :roll:

Now that Demko is out, maybe we can trade Markstrom back to the Canucks. :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The wild card is slipping away. All of a sudden we are 5 points out
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:19 am The wild card is slipping away. All of a sudden we are 5 points out
Do you think JR has a plaid blanket draped over his knees?

Is he always looking for his glasses?

Does he drink an unusual amount of tea?

"The remote isn't working again..."

"When's dinner?"

"doesn't surprise me "

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:21 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:19 am The wild card is slipping away. All of a sudden we are 5 points out
Do you think JR has a plaid blanket draped over his knees?

Is he always looking for his glasses?

Does he drink an unusual amount of tea?

"The remote isn't working again..."

"When's dinner?"

"doesn't surprise me "

:lol:
I’m always amazed at what motivates old men to hang around in their chosen craft well into their golden age. Ruth should be doing crosswords at a seniors home yelling at his wife of 60 years