Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Interesting interview with Valky:
- Nucks are small and can't score.
- Nucks miss Sutter and Virtanen. Sutter I get, but surprised a guy like Valk would give props to Virts. He says Virts was a beast to play against and no one wanted to go into the corner against him. As much as I liked Virts, not sure that's 100% accurate. Maybe on some nites. :lol:
- Asked what u do with Petey and Valky kinda fumbles around and has no real answer. Just says it's good for the team to get on the road and out of the heat/media in Van-city.

- Around 4:15 mark, talks about the rumours of JT Miller being a cancer in the room. if true, gotta get rid of him. First time I heard of this.

A Youtuber speculating on the division in the Nuck's dressing room from what he has heard:
- Around 2:00 mark, builds on the JT Miller "I don't know" comment.
- Tweet from Sekers&Price, the captain is isolated/alienated from the group.
- Tweet from Donnie&Dhali speculates that there's a veteran group led by JT Miller that's fed up with the young players on the team.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:15 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:26 pm ......
We still want to be a playoff team,” says Benning.
“Right now our special teams are hurting us. We have the personnel to have a real good power play and for whatever reason we’re not performing well… And the penalty kill is hurting us.”
“Our good young players aren’t playing to their potential… it’s our job as a management team and coaching staff to continue working with (Pettersson) to get him to where he needs to be”
“I’ve looked to the outside talking to other GMs to see what’s available, if something like that makes sense.”
“The guys we had penciled in to be penalty killers - Sutter, Motte, Dickinson and Highmore - not having Sutter and Motte start the year is hard for us, because they’re excellent penalty killers,”
Hamonic recently received his 2nd shot.
“This is something I didn’t expect to happen after the moves we made this summer,”
Calls the chants calling for his job at Rogers Arena last night “upsetting.”
“We’ve worked really hard to draft well and develop our players properly.”
“We’re looking at everything,”
“I’ve looked to the outside talking to other GMs to see what’s available, if something like that makes sense.”
Shrewd move by Mr Aquilini sending Jimmy out to face the media. This is exactly what the fans wanted to hear, should take the heat off the team now.

"Goddammit Jimmy, the fans are starting to turn on me now, it's almost like they're beginning to figure out our little secret about the way we runs things here. Get out there and tell the media what they need to hear and get the focus back on you where it belongs. And make it inspiring for crissake!"
I think the bolded might be prophetic guys, from the rumors going around today.

Geez, this is almost like having our own man in the war room sometimes ;)
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Travis Green makes 2.7 ? Holy F**k! That was a big jump from 1, He aint worth it. Now I know why the family wont gas him and contract a better one.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:13 pm
Travis Green makes 2.7 ? Holy F**k! That was a big jump from 1, He aint worth it. Now I know why the family wont gas him and contract a better one.
Yes, and there's another year left on that bad boy as well.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:20 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:13 pm
Yes, and there's another year left on that bad boy as well.
There in lies the problem with gassing him then $$$$, however;
TRIGGBIR FROM SURREY @TRana87
Mike Babcock is in town and hearing the family has plans to meet with Babcock tonight for dinner. There may be change coming behind the Canucks bench
1:46 PM · Nov 25, 2021
Of course this is nonsense as he is in town for something else entirely different. Makes for a good eyebrow raise though. 8-)
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Eastern media weigh in on the JT Miller situation. TSNers and former NHL players: Mike Johnson, Jamie McLennen & Jeff O'Neil.

Noodles compares the Nucks to the Blues when 2 Blues got into a fight (Bortozzo and Sanford) at practice and it kinda jarred them back on track. JT and BoHo should just drop the gloves against each other and fight, get it settled and put it behind them; then shake hands, kiss and make up and just go back to working their butts off playing hockey. :lol:

Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

JT for playing coach; :wave: Kidding....

Seriously, maybe Horvat isn't geared to handle an elongated slump or another large change in the roster again this year. JT Miller will handle whatever's thrown his way and work with it. Far as I'm concerned he's the real leader since the bubble.
However; Any squabbling that may be going on should be smoothed over by the coach. Yah, fuck! Laugh me a river!! Green is in over his head and then some. Get him outta there!
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Random Tweet; :mrgreen:
Taj@taj1944
Hope Green goes out in a blaze of glory tonight if it is truly his last game. He can't be happy by the leaks from the organization about doing a search for his replacement when he still has a job.

Post-game presser could be legendary tonight if they lose.
7:56 AM · Nov 26, 2021
"evolution"
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Is taj someone of significance Mick or just some random twitterer/tweeter/Instagramer/Tinderer/Facebooker/Tik Toker or whatever the coolest kids in the world call 'em these days?
DeLevering since 1999.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

donlever wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:26 am Is taj someone of significance Mick or just some random twitterer/tweeter/Instagramer/Tinderer/Facebooker/Tik Toker or whatever the coolest kids in the world call 'em these days?
Just another wannabe.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:14 am
donlever wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:26 am Is taj someone of significance Mick or just some random twitterer/tweeter/Instagramer/Tinderer/Facebooker/Tik Toker or whatever the coolest kids in the world call 'em these days?
Just another wannabe.
Yup.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Gee Mick, thanks so much for reporting what TRIGGBIR FROM SURREY and Taj1944 have to say. :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:21 pm Gee Mick, thanks so much for reporting what TRIGGBIR FROM SURREY and Taj1944 have to say. :scowl:
Do I need to start a Mick's thread full of incredibly fucking useless links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL thread>?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:21 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:21 pm Gee Mick, thanks so much for reporting what TRIGGBIR FROM SURREY and Taj1944 have to say. :scowl:
Do I need to start a Mick's thread full of incredibly fucking useless links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL thread>?
Would it replace this one?

Or just be a title change?
DeLevering since 1999.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

donlever wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:26 pm
Cornuck wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:21 pm
Would it replace this one?

Or just be a title change?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."