Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Curmudgeon »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:32 pm Scooping it...

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/pract ... ?q=hamonic
Nice, such an affable guy and a great teammate. Tough guy for the media to pull their BS on too.

Hopefully he's good to go, near the end I think it comes across like he might just be painfully religious. To each their own.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:41 pm Thanks - didn't see the talk about skating but skating on his own and playing in the NHL is different (well duh), would prefer a couple more games in AHL to get him ready.

I was commenting that it is not only the D that is causing the team be where it is, this seems to reek of desperation from Green and JB on finding something to motivate this team to win. Hell if it is I print out this page and eat it with 2 fingers of 99.
Yeah I get you Reef.

I feel Hammy needs to be with the team (like family he said) right now though with everything he's been through.

No need for him to travel with the farm team to California I don't think.

(besides he hasn't had his 2nd jab yet, so I don't imagine it's even an option)

If he looks good, feels good in practice maybe he plays tomorrow.

Or maybe not.

Whatever, but no doubt he'll see limited minutes in his first game or two back.

Interesting to me to discover from the interview that his teammates were aware/supportive of what he went through

... and yet the juicy story was never leaked.

Good for them and good for management (whom Hammy praised up and down today).

This is the kind of thing you want to see on a team amirite?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hambone will be knee slapping shit straight
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:41 pm
Thanks - didn't see the talk about skating but skating on his own and playing in the NHL is different (well duh), would prefer a couple more games in AHL to get him ready.

I was commenting that it is not only the D that is causing the team be where it is, this seems to reek of desperation from Green and JB on finding something to motivate this team to win. Hell if it is I print out this page and eat it with 2 fingers of 99.
Rushing him into the lineup does have a desperate feel to it but let's face it, Hamonic's presence is definitely going to provide a shot in the arm. (f'k it, I had to go there)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:12 pm Rushing him into the lineup does have a desperate feel to it but let's face it, Hamonic's presence is definitely going to provide a shot in the arm. (f'k it, I had to go there)
Well the farm team is off to California and Hammy can't go because he hasn't had his second jab yet.

So let him practice with the team and be inserted into the lineup when he's ready.

No other option really.

And again, Hammer says he skated harder this off-season than he has in years, Green says he's in top shape...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:12 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:41 pm
Thanks - didn't see the talk about skating but skating on his own and playing in the NHL is different (well duh), would prefer a couple more games in AHL to get him ready.

Rushing him into the lineup does have a desperate feel to it but let's face it, Hamonic's presence is definitely going to provide a shot in the arm. (f'k it, I had to go there)
I don’t see the desperation. He is prolly a legit better option than what our bottom pairing guys were, and if he is ready, he is ready. If he is a shot in the arm (I like that one!) for the team, then all good.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:17 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:12 pm Rushing him into the lineup does have a desperate feel to it but let's face it, Hamonic's presence is definitely going to provide a shot in the arm. (f'k it, I had to go there)
Well the farm team is off to California and Hammy can't go because he hasn't had his second jab yet.

So let him practice with the team and be inserted into the lineup when he's ready.

No other option really.

And again, Hammer says he skated harder this off-season than he has in years, Green says he's in top shape...
Yeah he looked good playing over 20 minutes in the Abbotsford game.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

What I found interesting is he said last season he broke some ribs and missed 4 weeks. This whole time I thought it was a groin injury. LOL

So no worries anymore on him pulling the groin.
The only HW the Canucks need
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:17 pm

No other option really.

Right, I saw that, it was meant as a comment in the event they were to dress him as early as tomorrow, which they could and the optics of them doing that given the state of the team.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The ham-bone connecta to the rathbone...

Or maybe not. Who will be waived?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Per wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:13 am The ham-bone connecta to the rathbone...

Or maybe not. Who will be waived?
Nobody. When Motte gets back, Bailey gets sent back down. Bailey is a good skater, but doesn’t have the skill set for any kind of offence in the NHL.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Bailey looks better than Chiasson to me.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:16 am Bailey looks better than Chiasson to me.
Greener would tear your head off for ripping’ his Boi - Chiasser!

“People don’t understand how hard it is to stand in front of the net” - Greener

“Beags gets skates on pucks” - Greener

“Podkolzin, I’m benching you for be skillful” - Greener

“You win with Lunchbucket” - Greener
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:16 am Bailey looks better than Chiasson to me.
He does, and Gadjovich in the one game I saw him play as a Shark against the Jets Saturday was better than anything I've seen from Chiasson in any of the exhibition and regular season games he's played in as a Canuck. Keeping it in perspective, it wasn't great, just better and more promising.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:00 am
He does, and Gadjovich in the one game I saw him play as a Shark against the Jets Saturday was better than anything I've seen from Chiasson in any of the exhibition and regular season games he's played in as a Canuck. Keeping it in perspective, it wasn't great, just better and more promising.
I watched the same game and actually thought the opposite to be honest. He is still struggling with the pace and his foot speed is holding him back.

I'm not a big Chiasson fan or anything but have to be objective here with this and at this exact time and space, AC is the better player
If you need air...call it in