Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

It isn't all that surprising that the boss is getting frustrated when you look at all the cash and draft picks he spent on this season. He's gonna have egg on his face if this doesn't change and that won't be good for his hockey staff.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:23 am Meg, Dickinson missed some game and practice time, so I was assuming he was still on the mend. Could be wrong though.

With the Aquilini tweet, I saw it the other night and think I mentioned it in another thread, pretty ominous sign for sure. Who knows with this team. lol
Yeah you're right about Dickinson of course. I had just forgotten about that :)
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:24 am It isn't all that surprising that the boss is getting frustrated when you look at all the cash and draft picks he spent on this season. He's gonna have egg on his face if this doesn't change and that won't be good for his hockey staff.
Teams that trade their last two 1st rounders, and a 2nd and 3rd from those drafts, shouldn't be in last place at any point. Plus there's $43 million of OEL's deal he agreed to take on. Ouch.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:14 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:49 am
BCExpat wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:13 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 pm Ok. I am over the loss to the Oilers.

So, where does the lynch mob start?
Wait until they are 20 games into the season before doing anything rash. It's really too early to tell how things will shake out, not only for the Canucks, but for all the teams in the Pacific. Do you really think Vegas is as bad as their record to date indicates? I'm a Flames fan and I'm not reading too much into their hot start - everything could still implode on them.

meh. I wasnt really raging about the Canucks. I was just bored and looking for a riot.
You'll have to fly out here one time to participate in really good riot MCP. There's really nothing like a good Vancouver sports riot, every Canucks fan should experience it once in their lifetime. If it isn't on your bucket list, it really should be ;)

….yeah… about that ‘once in a lifetime’ thing… it wouldn’t exactly be my first rodeo… :blush:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:07 am So Hamonic comes up, Rathbone goes down. Probably Pod next down for Petan or Di Giuseppe.
This coach needs his head examined. They can't lose Jack to waivers so he's the sacrificial lamb for Green. Still a bad move, IMO. If he can't get what he wants to see out of Podkolzin, that should be enough for JB to fire his ass out of this place. Kid has major talent. Would be sticking on most other teams.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:56 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:14 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:49 am
BCExpat wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:13 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 pm Ok. I am over the loss to the Oilers.

So, where does the lynch mob start?
Wait until they are 20 games into the season before doing anything rash. It's really too early to tell how things will shake out, not only for the Canucks, but for all the teams in the Pacific. Do you really think Vegas is as bad as their record to date indicates? I'm a Flames fan and I'm not reading too much into their hot start - everything could still implode on them.

meh. I wasnt really raging about the Canucks. I was just bored and looking for a riot.
You'll have to fly out here one time to participate in really good riot MCP. There's really nothing like a good Vancouver sports riot, every Canucks fan should experience it once in their lifetime. If it isn't on your bucket list, it really should be ;)

….yeah… about that ‘once in a lifetime’ thing… it wouldn’t exactly be my first rodeo… :blush:
Even better We can always use an experienced hand out here. The great thing about it is, you can nearly always tell when there's going to be a big hockey riot days in advance. Just by checking in here regularly you have plenty of advance notice as to when to plan your trip. The only people in the city that won't know about the riot will be the police and city hall.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:01 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:07 am So Hamonic comes up, Rathbone goes down. Probably Pod next down for Petan or Di Giuseppe.
This coach needs his head examined. They can't lose Jack to waivers so he's the sacrificial lamb for Green. Still a bad move, IMO. If he can't get what he wants to see out of Podkolzin, that should be enough for JB to fire his ass out of this place. Kid has major talent. Would be sticking on most other teams.
Why we gotta be the only franchise in the NHL that rushes it's fourth and fifth round picks straight onto the NHL roster from college/junior? Why can't we just this one time develop a kid properly? I know it'll shock the system of Vancouver hockey fans who have never seen proper development before, but they'll adjust in time.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:44 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:24 am It isn't all that surprising that the boss is getting frustrated when you look at all the cash and draft picks he spent on this season. He's gonna have egg on his face if this doesn't change and that won't be good for his hockey staff.
Teams that trade their last two 1st rounders, and a 2nd and 3rd from those drafts, shouldn't be in last place at any point. Plus there's $43 million of OEL's deal he agreed to take on. Ouch.
Yeah, you can see why he's 'frustrated' on twitter, it was bound to happen.

I just hope he's prepared to hire a real coach this time and doesn't try to half ass it again.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:19 am Catching "Donnie & Dhali" and they're talking about people being down on Poolman and I don't get it. At the time, I thought the signing was questionable at best, but IMO he's easily played up to his contract so far.
I thought Poolman had been a real pleasant surprise. Makes me wonder if those guys even watch the games anymore. I know 'Dhali' can't get off his phone.
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:08 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:44 am
Yeah, you can see why he's 'frustrated' on twitter, it was bound to happen.

I just hope he's prepared to hire a real coach this time and doesn't try to half ass it again.
No kidding, Meg. Green, WD, Baumer, King, all first time NHL coaches or assistants and all have failed just like Renney and Laforge before them. Life as a Canucks fan.

Yeah, Dhali's a piece of work. It was a terrible take on Poolman.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:05 am
Why we gotta be the only franchise in the NHL that rushes it's fourth and fifth round picks straight onto the NHL roster from college/junior? Why can't we just this one time develop a kid properly? I know it'll shock the system of Vancouver hockey fans who have never seen proper development before, but they'll adjust in time.
Elderly waiver wire pick ups and washed up vets is the answer? Preach me a better reason.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:42 am
Elderly waiver wire pick ups and washed up vets is the answer? Preach me a better reason.
It bugs me the way every time someone remotely able to play gets thrown into the deep end right away and is never properly prepared to handle the NHL level. It's almost without fail that this happens and it really only happens here. I hate it. Mike Hunt can sit and watch here and he doesn't lose anything and gains an NHL paycheck.
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Like Lockwood? Gadjo? Dipetro? Silvos,? Joulevi? Malone? we sure rushed all these guys!

Perhaps its not the development system, just the fan expectations? Some of the prospects simply dont have the skill set.

And regarding Podkolzin, why are people roasting Green for something that has not even happened?

If they Send Hunt or Schenn through waivers, and we lose them for nothing, people will claim bad asset management, and when the injuries happen (and they will), we will be short bodies. Sending Jack down and not exposing anyone is good management. It also helps maintain what little familiarity between players that they might have, opposed to being forced to grab scrubs off the waiver wire from other teams when the injuries hit. If we have to play scrubs, the scrubs might as well know each other.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:59 am
It bugs me the way every time someone remotely able to play gets thrown into the deep end right away and is never properly prepared to handle the NHL level. It's almost without fail that this happens and it really only happens here. I hate it. Mike Hunt can sit and watch here and he doesn't lose anything and gains an NHL paycheck.
Rathbone needs some work in his own zone. Let him play 20 + minutes a night and kill it in Abbotsford. He isn’t ready yet. Poor ol Gomes wants to rush the kid.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:59 am
With the moves today, Mike Hunt is your third pairing every game, left side defense man. Think about it.
"evolution"