Worst Season Ever?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Worst Season Ever?

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:45 pm
Topper wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:06 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:35 pm
Micky wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:00 am Eat shit and don't stop till your full. Oh wait; You are. Matter of fact, your so full of it your neighboring farmers drag you around their fields.
WHOA!!! :wow:

Hey man, can you ease up a little?

I've got Rikster and CFP breathing down my neck...
Do they also whisper in your ear, maybe slide in a bit of tongue.
Not funny, these guys are riding me hard!
Remind me of a cIrcuit my son used to race at that advertised a New Lady Rider Clinic.

I asked if it was for those tired of riding their old ladies and were seeking advice on riding a new lady

Or

Was it to teach how to ride one of the newly minted Jenner line of new ladies.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I dunno if this is the worst season ever, but it was definitely disappointing. I guess the year we got Messier was pretty bad too, all that talent and depth, but the team had zero chemistry. This year, I thought we would build off last season as the team seemed to be the rise. I mean, we were 1 game from the conference finals. It's too bad we couldn't take advantage of Petey & Huggy still being on their ELCs and try to make another run in the playoffs. Nothing seemed to go our way though, guess it just wasn't meant to be.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Dunno where to put this (worst season ever seems fitting) but allegedly, according to the Surrey Now Leader-post, shot gun Jake says she didn’t say no, that it was consensual.

Or at least was it maybe?

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Those mid 80s seasons from around, say, 84-87. Jack Gordon was gm. The Neely trade. Dan Woodley 7th overall. The dead 'Nuck era. That was bad. This was a cakewalk by comparison.
el rey del mambo
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:29 pm Those mid 80s seasons from around, say, 84-87. Jack Gordon was gm. The Neely trade. Dan Woodley 7th overall. The dead 'Nuck era. That was bad. This was a cakewalk by comparison.
Yeah that’s a shitty set of years

The Annual January swoon but somehow it was an innocent kind of suckage, now that we have been to final three times it’s getting harder to take
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:39 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:29 pm Those mid 80s seasons from around, say, 84-87. Jack Gordon was gm. The Neely trade. Dan Woodley 7th overall. The dead 'Nuck era. That was bad. This was a cakewalk by comparison.

The Annual January swoon but somehow it was an innocent kind of suckage, now that we have been to final three times it’s getting harder to take
Oh fuck...bwahahaha!!
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

They call that getting throat-pumped
If you need air...call it in
MissingElite
CC Rookie

Post by MissingElite »

Well....I don't know much about Canucks hockey any more but I do know that the worst season ever is reserved for some time in the '80's.

No way a team that has somehow managed to acquire itself both a developing star #1 center goalie and D man with 3 or 4 other potentially integral cogs can be booked as worst ever.

Because at least you have that.

Some of those 80's teams the best thing we had was Stan Smyl.

Think about that!

Imesho
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Well we got to watch Cam Neely, Rick Vaive, Billy Derlago and Glen Wesley thrive with other teams. That Cam Neely and Glen Wesley trade tree was something to behold. I think Milan Lucic was even part of it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
MissingElite
CC Rookie

Post by MissingElite »

Yeah so we draft Neely and then stumblefuck that arguably as bad as any trade ever.

Then Daigneault who can't even walk let alone skate.

Then Sandlak who was, well yeah.

Then Dan fucking Woodley.

Then Rob Murphy.

Good times those 80's.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

MissingElite wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:31 am Yeah so we draft Neely and then stumblefuck that arguably as bad as any trade ever.

Then Daigneault who can't even walk let alone skate.

Then Sandlak who was, well yeah.

Then Dan fucking Woodley.

Then Rob Murphy.

Good times those 80's.
My first year as a fan was Linden's rookie season (yeah I'm still a kid compared to you lifers who remember the inaugural season).....

Alek Stojanov

Libor Polasek

Mike Wilson

Chris McAllister

Josh Holden

Good times those 90's. :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 pm

Oh fuck...bwahahaha!!
Ice Capades January road trip
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:04 pm Yeah my one criticism of Benning is keeping Virtanen and letting Toffoli walk
:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:35 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:04 pm Yeah my one criticism of Benning is keeping Virtanen and letting Toffoli walk
My Toffoli adjustments are considered what is called the Möbius strip adjustment. The key is in the reader being able to follow
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:58 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:35 am
My Toffoli adjustments are the result of getting my wrist slapped for stepping out of line. The other ball washers were angry at me for criticizing Elmo.