2017 Re-draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2017 Re-draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:08 pm I’m predicting Bedard will be best BC born player of all time, that list includes Sakic
He could be. Funny how when you Google Connor and his name appears before McDavid.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:09 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:08 pm I’m predicting Bedard will be best BC born player of all time, that list includes Sakic
He could be. Funny how when you Google Connor and his name appears before McDavid.
It’s impressive how dominant he’s been in the dub at 15 yrs of age. Team Canada does look very good at the U-18’s. When you have elite prospects like Savoie (2022) and Fantilli (2023) both in the USHL not on the team it’s an indictment of how deep we are right now with the kids coming up
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Better than 2-time Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, Hart, Lester B., Olympic Gold, and Olympic MVP winner, Quote-less Joe?

Slow your roll, Dude.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 pm Better than 2-time Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, Hart, Lester B., Olympic Gold, and Olympic MVP winner, Quote-less Joe?

Slow your roll, Dude.
Listen Shoulders, Bedard is for real.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:24 pm At best Chad Kilger, Boyd Devereaux

So many Canadian busts, Mëds. Is it time we start realizing that we may be overvaluing Canadian hockey prospects
I think it's safe to say that part of the reason for that is the percentage of good junior players that are Canadian compared to other nationalities. I'd venture to say that the numbers would bear out that top ranked Canadian prospects pan out equally, if not more often, than their international counterparts.

That's not to say that top ranked prospects from other countries are garbage and should be avoided, I just think it's a safer bet that you get a NHL player out of a Canadian kid.....even if he doesn't hit the scouts projections, he still is a serviceable player. With top-flight Euro's it seems like they either hit the projections or they bust and head back to Europe.

Exceptions to every rule though.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:13 pm Just ignore Chef there curm, he doesn't like players from western Canada.

He also think Horvat is weakling with no stamina.
He loathes Horvat because of the guy that drafted him.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:21 am
Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:13 pm Just ignore Chef there curm, he doesn't like players from western Canada.

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:27 am

Oh, for sure. you can C. it every time he plays. :mex:
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen Doylidge, I like Horvat. His VO2 max seems to have improved
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:18 am Listen Doylidge, I like Horvat. His VO2 max seems to have improved
Adjustments :lol:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:52 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:18 am Listen Doylidge, I like Horvat. His VO2 max seems to have improved
Adjustments :lol:
You got it, Shoulders. I wish Doylidge would understand adjustments
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:04 pm Hischier way too high on your list curmudgeon

Makar is too brittle
Hischier is a fine player. Very strong rookie year as an 18/19 year old, almost led his team in scoring the following year, and was up there in team PPG his third. Necas and Suzuki play on better teams and benefit from that.

As Mëds pointed out earlier, Pettersson has missed more than his share of games too. Makar has a better chance gaining durability than Pettersson, who's pretty frail, and I think next year at this time Heiskenen passes Pettersson as #2 from 2017. Pettersson is a very good player but he could also end up having a Bengt Gustafsson type of career. Makar is in a league of his own from that draft year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:18 pm Pettersson is a very good player but he could also end up having a Bengt Gustafsson type of career.
Stop it. Staaaaaaawwwwwwwpit.

Makar has played half the NHL games that Petey has and has had way more injury issues
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:49 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:27 am

Oh, for sure. you can C. it every time he plays. :mex:

Lol, save it for the shortbus Gomey.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:24 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:18 pm Pettersson is a very good player but he could also end up having a Bengt Gustafsson type of career.
Stop it. Staaaaaaawwwwwwwpit.

Makar has played half the NHL games that Petey has and has had way more injury issues
In the two seasons they've both played in the league Pettersson has played 94 games to Makar's 93 and Makar will obviously pass him from this point on. Nothing wrong with Pettersson and as Canucks fans we can't complain getting the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft after picking 5th. That's a great result.

Same with Hughes. He may end up being the 4th or 5th best player from his draft but they got him with the 7th pick and given the 50 year history of the Canucks, and after being a fan for every stinking one of those years, I'm ecstatic about that.