Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:23 am
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:22 am ^JD is a stooge and not Moe... more like Curly Joe.
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:42 am Ultimately next year will be another year in the ditch.
Thank you oh mighty prophet of doom! :lol:
:lol:

When Vin Tanner can't think of enough things to complain about, he creates them out of thin air...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:42 am Ultimately next year will be another year in the ditch. That’s 6/7 for anyone who’s counting. Unless they buy out Beagle, Eriksson, Roussel, terminate or buyout Virtanen and Holtby, somehow get lucky and Seattle chooses Myers, there isn’t enough cap space to clean up Elmer’s mess. Then you are giving him a new cheque book to go sign some more slugs.... the buyouts stay on the books for two more years. Fuck it drain the swamp. Let the losers comeback and finish out their contracts. Hopefully JD come in here and we get some fresh eyes and opinions in this organization.
What is 6 of 7?

How does that compare to John Davidson's record as an executive? Let's see, they've won a playoff series a whopping two times in 15 years. Missed the playoffs 10 times.

I'll give Davidson credit, he is definitely a president of hockey ops. Not a good one, but he is definitely one.

6 out of 7 years this team has been a garbage fire under Elmer’s watch. He has one playoff appearance in 7 years.

You do realize JD was the prez in St Louis and. Columbus before coming to NY don’t you? He’s still only got six or seven playoff appearances under his belt in that time, but in all three cities he held a job in, the team was starting out rebuilding and they were in a far better position when he moved on.

Still 6/15 is a hell of a lot better batting average than 1/7. The guy is well respected throughout the league and well liked as well as being intelligent. I can see why this place would be up in arms having someone like that here when we can listen to Fredo and Karl Childers.

Funny thing is if I didn’t bring his name up, and some other random poster suggested it there would have been zero pushback from the ball washers. I can see you clowns coming from miles away.

According to pretty much EVERY hockey writer in the biz, NY and LA have two of the top prospects pools in the game. I repeat this, and they are both crap . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never change :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:21 am

What a bungled mess of a cap situation we have for another year.
A few of us tried to warn the ball washers that cap space indeed does matter. But you can’t fix stupid.

Cap space always matters. Always has in a cap world and always will.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:44 am 6 out of 7 years this team has been a garbage fire under Elmer’s watch. He has one playoff appearance in 7 years.
You can't handle a rebuild.

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:44 am Still 6/15 is a hell of a lot better batting average than 1/7.
Teams tend to miss the playoffs in rebuilds.

Did you see this post in the other thread:
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 am
Topper wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:10 am Laughing at the folks who can't handle a rebuild screaming for a rebuild.
Yeah, I don't want to name any names but VIN TANNER has complained constantly about missing the playoffs in a rebuild.

He doesn't ask for much, just make the playoffs, draft high, don't sign overpriced-UFAs, and have lots of cap space just sitting there.

That's all it would take to finally make VIN TANNER happy. 8-)
You're a poor miserable twisted wretch of a human being Vin Tanner.

Sad!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

theman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:51 am
theman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:48 am Seth Jones for the 1 OA or 2 OA, yeah I might just do that.
Not the 2022 pick
2021 I would.
You would need his name on an extension though. And if they could do that it would likely cost another asset or two. And I’m not sure how they could fit him in due to Elmo’s cap manglement. But he sure is exactly what the team needs.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

theman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:48 am
ESQ wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:32 am I think a 1st, a 2nd, OJ, Schmidt, and Hoglander is too high a price for Ekblad.

That creates a lot of holes in the roster , and you've forgotten the double edged sword of expansion - only players with salary are being exposed, but that'll leave another roster hole.

If by some miracle the Canucks win the draft lottery, that may be an enticing piece for a team just starting a rebuild, like Columbus. Depends on what Benning thinks of the draft class.
Seth Jones for the 1 OA or 2 OA, yeah I might just do that.
If they were to land the 1st or 2nd OA pick in this year's draft, I'd absolutely do the pick plus Schmidt and Juolevi for Jones. Too bad they gave away Gaudette and that Virtanen is finished or I'd add one of them for Jenner to be included.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:44 am
6 out of 7 years this team has been a garbage fire under Elmer’s watch. He has one playoff appearance in 7 years.
Want to try again?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:55 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:44 am
Want to try again?
Should have added when they miss next year it will be....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Speaking of cap manglement, Doyle would have preferred having Kevin Hayes and his $7 million per year for 7 years over giving up Mukhamedullin for JT Miller at $5.25 million

Miller - 12 goals 24 assists
Hayes - 12 goals 16 assists
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:29 pm Speaking of cap manglement, Doyle would have preferred having Kevin Hayes and his $7 million per year for 7 years over giving up Mukhamedullin for JT Miller at $5.25 million

Miller - 12 goals 24 assists
Hayes - 12 goals 16 assists
Welcome to ignore. When you learn to stop being a pathological liar, your posts will once again be read. :drink:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jamie Benn 31 years old 11 goals 20 assists $9.5 million cap hit

Contract expires after the 2024-25 season
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:34 pm Jamie Benn 31 years old 11 goals 20 assists $9.5 million cap hit

Contract expires after the 2024-25 season
Since getting ragdolled by Tryamkin, Benn's gone from 79 points to 53 to 39 to 31 this year.

But he's been paid $58 million since then, so he's got that going for him which is nice.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:26 am
Mëds wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:21 am Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Peason - Horvat - _______
Podkolzin - ______ - ______
Roussel - Beagle - Motte
MacEwan

Hughes - Ekblad
______ - Myers
Rathbone - ______

Demko
Holtby

Remaining Cap: $7.464M

We literally don't have room to make a deal like this.

What a bungled mess of a cap situation we have for another year.
Well it would be a bungled mess if we made the trade you're talking about.

Jimmy is much smarter than that. 8-)

There are a few reasons you don't trade OJ and the Hog this off-season, their friendly cap-hits are one of them...
Yeah, thanks tips.

Was simply exploring and replying to SKYO's idea in the Armchair Pipe Dreams thread.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Is it worth having a look at poaching a piece or two out of Buffalo?

It's like rats leaving a sinking garbage barge over there, and even the captain isn't going down with his ship.

If Kevyn Adams is forced to trade Eichel, and he almost certainly will be at this point, he's basically resetting the Buffalo rebuild.....again. Ristolainen and Reinhart are two guys that are both wanting to walk out the door and not look back. Both are solid players who would fit in here in the top-4 and top-6 groups. I'm not suggesting we have the pieces for both of them, but we might be able to snag one for a reduced price since Adams has to move them.

Are either of them worth parting with this year's 1st rounder?

1st + Jake + Juolevi + Eriksson?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Boy, it's really too bad the Coach isn't pumping up some of the B prospects to be trade bait to a team like Buffalo who probably doesn't want to start from scratch with draft picks :crazy:

I don't think Risto is a 1st, considering Schmidt went for a 3rd and is only $600k more. I'd be happy with a b-prospect and a 2nd.

If they're back to looking at the cap floor, then perhaps they'd take Loui, but we've come this far without paying anything to move him so I'd rather not.