Page 353 of 359

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 pm
by Cousin Strawberry
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm Danault would actually be a better addition than toffy
They say he turned down a 6-year, $30M contract from the Habs though.
Ya forget that noise. 4.25 is already max value imo

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 pm
by Tciso
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm Danault would actually be a better addition than toffy
They say he turned down a 6-year, $30M contract from the Habs though.
Ya forget that noise. 4.25 is already max value imo
Fuck that noise. No way a career 40 point guy gets $6 million, even if his last name was Skinner. $4.25 is Sutter money. I would assume he is better than Sutter.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:25 pm
by Cousin Strawberry
Tciso wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm Danault would actually be a better addition than toffy
They say he turned down a 6-year, $30M contract from the Habs though.
Ya forget that noise. 4.25 is already max value imo
Fuck that noise. No way a career 40 point guy gets $6 million, even if his last name was Skinner. $4.25 is Sutter money. I would assume he is better than Sutter.
Not even 5!

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 pm
by SKYO
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm Danault would actually be a better addition than toffy
They say he turned down a 6-year, $30M contract from the Habs though.
Yeah Danault turned that $5M AAV down in the offseason after he was bumped out of the top six in the playoffs to rookies Nick Suzuki and Jesperi Kotkaniemi and was none too happy about it, but now his production is lower, so habs fans assume that contract is off the table, while Danault is probably thinking if he can still have that contract ha.

However as every Cup team has shown if you got 3 superb centers you can do a shit ton of damage, he might not score goals a ton, but he sure as hell sets up his wingers for a lot of slick passes (which would be a boon for Podkolzin, Hoglander, Lind, Pearson - or whoever he might play with, all while providing elite defensive duties, he's easily worth at least UFA money at $4.5M - possibly $5M AAV max. I mean FFS we're paying fucking Beagle $3M! SHIT $5M is pocket change to get Danault who can play spot #1C duties if needed.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:53 pm
by Micky
Canucks shouldn't be considering taking on any 28+ yr. old players at this point whether they have time left on a contract or gaud forbid, are UFAs.
The owner should be considering getting a big league coaching staff in to place for next year. Once that's solidified, maybe, just maybe, you could consider adding a veteran when and if the need is there.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:51 am
by Lancer
SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:20 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:17 pm
ESQ wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:29 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:59 pm. I just think there is more than our cap that is at issue.
Benning has now come out and said cap wasn't an issue, he was prepared to pay Tree what he was asking, but Tree just didn't want to come to the NHL.

This Todd diamond guy is some piece of work, I've never heard an agent on the media so frequently, but fortunately he doesn't seem to have many other clients.
Well there you go. Benning didn't fuck up after all in this case. The big guy just likes Russia. Damn, there goes the narrative.
Yeah fuck Tryamkin, I was looking forward to him throwing his fat ass around to crush people lol, but he's being a lil bitch and is probably pussywhipped. adios muchachos.
I don't think he ever wanted to be what the organization wanted/wished him to become - a Chara-lite who was happy to engage in the nasty, rough stuff. He's got a good gig in the K and probably guzzling Vlad's koolaid. You win some, you lose some drafting Russkies.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:54 am
by Lancer
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:23 pm Laine - 10 goals 8 assists - $6.75 million per
Dubios - 8 goals 12 assists - $6.65 million per
Tkachuk - 10 goals 24 assists - $7 million per

Ouch
Ouch
Ouch

Hell! At least $7 million William has 16 goals 22 assists
This season should have an asterisk for a lot of teams and players. COVID, condensed schedule, same teams week-in and week-out... That said, Laine and Dubois have the excuse of being traded in the middle of a pandemic and a condensed schedule. Tkachuk has no such excuse. Looking at the roster and their record this season, asterisk or no - something smells over there and it ain't cowshit. Not that I mind, though. :D

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 am
by Cousin Strawberry
SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm Danault would actually be a better addition than toffy
They say he turned down a 6-year, $30M contract from the Habs though.
Yeah Danault turned that $5M AAV down in the offseason after he was bumped out of the top six in the playoffs to rookies Nick Suzuki and Jesperi Kotkaniemi and was none too happy about it, but now his production is lower, so habs fans assume that contract is off the table, while Danault is probably thinking if he can still have that contract ha.

However as every Cup team has shown if you got 3 superb centers you can do a shit ton of damage, he might not score goals a ton, but he sure as hell sets up his wingers for a lot of slick passes (which would be a boon for Podkolzin, Hoglander, Lind, Pearson - or whoever he might play with, all while providing elite defensive duties, he's easily worth at least UFA money at $4.5M - possibly $5M AAV max. I mean FFS we're paying fucking Beagle $3M! SHIT $5M is pocket change to get Danault who can play spot #1C duties if needed.
The only way a team considers paying PD that far north of 4 is if they arent already paying better/more offensive centers what they are worth...no contenders likely

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 am
by Madcombinepilot
SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm Danault would actually be a better addition than toffy
They say he turned down a 6-year, $30M contract from the Habs though.
Yeah Danault turned that $5M AAV down in the offseason after he was bumped out of the top six in the playoffs to rookies Nick Suzuki and Jesperi Kotkaniemi and was none too happy about it, but now his production is lower, so habs fans assume that contract is off the table, while Danault is probably thinking if he can still have that contract ha.

However as every Cup team has shown if you got 3 superb centers you can do a shit ton of damage, he might not score goals a ton, but he sure as hell sets up his wingers for a lot of slick passes (which would be a boon for Podkolzin, Hoglander, Lind, Pearson - or whoever he might play with, all while providing elite defensive duties, he's easily worth at least UFA money at $4.5M - possibly $5M AAV max. I mean FFS we're paying fucking Beagle $3M! SHIT $5M is pocket change to get Danault who can play spot #1C duties if needed.
Lol. We just get rid of one boat anchor 4million dollar contract, and you want to sign another.

There is no way this team should be trying to find a 4.5 million dollar guy who plays like a 6 million dollar guy.

Every cup team has 2-3 guys in the bottom 6 being paid 2 million who are PLAYING like they are 4.5 million dollar guys. That’s why JB keeps trying out reclamation projects. He is looking for that guy who plays above his contract, and if you don’t draft those guys, you have to go sifting through the mud (waivers and castoffs) to try and find them.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:53 am
by Madcombinepilot
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 am
SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm Danault would actually be a better addition than toffy
They say he turned down a 6-year, $30M contract from the Habs though.
Yeah Danault turned that $5M AAV down in the offseason after he was bumped out of the top six in the playoffs to rookies Nick Suzuki and Jesperi Kotkaniemi and was none too happy about it, but now his production is lower, so habs fans assume that contract is off the table, while Danault is probably thinking if he can still have that contract ha.

However as every Cup team has shown if you got 3 superb centers you can do a shit ton of damage, he might not score goals a ton, but he sure as hell sets up his wingers for a lot of slick passes (which would be a boon for Podkolzin, Hoglander, Lind, Pearson - or whoever he might play with, all while providing elite defensive duties, he's easily worth at least UFA money at $4.5M - possibly $5M AAV max. I mean FFS we're paying fucking Beagle $3M! SHIT $5M is pocket change to get Danault who can play spot #1C duties if needed.
The only way a team considers paying PD that far north of 4 is if they arent already paying better/more offensive centers what they are worth...no contenders likely

Exactly! If he is still UFA 3 weeks before the season starts, see if he wants a 1-2 year contract (not likely!), but ffs, don’t overpay on day one of free agency!

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:15 am
by 2Fingers
The Canucks are at least 2 more season to be playoff bound and 3 – 4 to be contenders. In no way should they sign any player who will be 32/33 making $4M - $5M and playing on the 3rd line unless they are freaking elite PK or shutdown player. It seems JB has a problem with understanding timelines and is more about now now now or appeasing his farming bosses. Either way he has to change his approach to signing players.

The Canucks have enough vet presence on the team, they do not need to sign aging vets to long term deals at this time. Canucks also have significant problems on their D and they are stuck with Schmidt and Myers for several more years.

Even Doc is saying 3 – 10 more years so JB has to plan for that.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:35 am
by SKYO
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 am
SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 pm Danault who can play spot #1C duties if needed.
Lol. We just get rid of one boat anchor 4million dollar contract, and you want to sign another.
You really think Danault at $5M is a boat anchor? dude got 175pts in Selke trophy voting last year behind Mark Stone, Cirelli, ROR, Bergeron and Couturier.

He's a helluva defensive center that racks up a lot of assists to help his wingers score goals, he's helping out the dreaded Toffoli with his monster season, check this slick backhanded pass, you don't see this type of setup from any of our centers sans Petey and maybe Miller.

https://twitter.com/scottmatla/status/1 ... 9698120706

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:45 am
by Tciso
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:35 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 am
SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 pm Danault who can play spot #1C duties if needed.
Lol. We just get rid of one boat anchor 4million dollar contract, and you want to sign another.
You really think Danault at $5M is a boat anchor? dude got 175pts in Selke trophy voting last year behind Mark Stone, Cirelli, ROR, Bergeron and Couturier.

He's a helluva defensive center that racks up a lot of assists to help his wingers score goals, he's helping out the dreaded Toffoli with his monster season, check this slick backhanded pass, you don't see this type of setup from any of our centers sans Petey and maybe Miller.

https://twitter.com/scottmatla/status/1 ... 9698120706
He is on this team for next season. We signed Pearson and Demko. No other (above $1,125 million cap) signings til the 2 franchise players are signed please!!!! And, then let the other kids stew and marinate another year. Once we lose $15 mil in dead cap, we can sign a guy like him.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:31 am
by 2Fingers
Tciso wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:45 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:35 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 am
SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 pm Danault who can play spot #1C duties if needed.
Lol. We just get rid of one boat anchor 4million dollar contract, and you want to sign another.
You really think Danault at $5M is a boat anchor? dude got 175pts in Selke trophy voting last year behind Mark Stone, Cirelli, ROR, Bergeron and Couturier.

He's a helluva defensive center that racks up a lot of assists to help his wingers score goals, he's helping out the dreaded Toffoli with his monster season, check this slick backhanded pass, you don't see this type of setup from any of our centers sans Petey and maybe Miller.

https://twitter.com/scottmatla/status/1 ... 9698120706
He is on this team for next season. We signed Pearson and Demko. No other (above $1,125 million cap) signings til the 2 franchise players are signed please!!!! And, then let the other kids stew and marinate another year. Once we lose $15 mil in dead cap, we can sign a guy like him.
Exactly, signing players to long term contracts that fit a hole today but not in 2 - 3 years is what has this team in the financial mess it is in.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:11 am
by SKYO
I'm just throwing a smoke screen so we can pay $3M for Wennberg in all honesty. :mex:

Wennberg is not as great as Danault defensively, not of the SELKE trophy ilk, but Wennberg is a good two-way player who more importantly can make plays, pass, good on faceoffs, all good attributes for a solid if not effective #3C and will get much less $ than the elite #2/#3C center in Danault who is performing well in the chaotic Montreal area.

Any of those two would lift our shamed bottom six to a greater level of skill and help our top 6 by scoring more, enabling the team to improve, because isn't that the point, to improve every season, next year the team should all be fully vaccinated for the Covid19 virus, and have a much more "normal" season for 2021/22.