Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:04 pm Ferraro blows with the wind, if a team is doing well, they are his heroes, if a team is not doing well, they are the enemy. Hilarious listening to him flip flop with the score board during games. A fucking clown.
Agreed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:24 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:19 pm Jannik Hansen basically said they should be looking to trade Miller and Schmidt and get maximum young value. Said the team is years away and the retools over the last 6 or 7 years aren’t working. Tear the bandaid off.
That only happens if they move on from Benning
They have every reason to do so.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jack Rathbone will play in tonight's game verses the Oilers. Tiny link
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:35 pm They have every reason to do so.
We're all shocked to hear you say that Tanner. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:31 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am Ferraro on D&D show (Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHEK):

Ferraro on what should be the plan for the Canucks:
Stop spending money on July 1st, get more NHL prospects, get younger faster and more skilled.

Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Ray Ferraro is a dummy. Travis green is not gonna be in the same breathe as brindamour julien gallant Boudreaux etc.
He’s a dummy that nailed every point. If this administration had the cheque book locked away a few years ago they wouldn’t be in this mess. Brindy is a premier coach who’s going back to Carolina. Julien is a decent coach. So is Gallant. BB never seem to last anywhere. Pass from me. Green is fine for where this team is today. They are a ways away from being good.
Id much rather our young studs start learning how to play a winning system. Look at the success Florida is starting to have, same thing with Edmonton. A lot of it is the coaching. Green is great for try hard put lots of effort in but this team needs more than that now, it’s gotta implement something better than the dump and chase.
I’d love a Joel Quennville type here but the owners only want to pay the coaches and manager minimum wage.
Yeah don’t get me started on ownership.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

With Rathbone playing tonight.

Edler-Schmidt
Hughes-Hamonic
Rathbone-Myers
:?:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micky wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:41 pm Jack Rathbone will play in tonight's game verses the Oilers. Tiny link
:shock:

This must have been a very painful decision for Travis and Nolan
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:11 pm Ferraro is great. He’s got this board chasing their tails getting enraged at his opinions. :lol:

Wahhh.... he doesn’t like my team :lol:
Rag Ferraro

Tampons were hung in his stall constantly.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hansen might be on to something with Schmidt, but no way do you trade Miller unless you are getting a star back. If anyone should be traded from the top six it should probably be one of the average skaters, Hoglander, Boeser, or Pearson. Unless you’re getting Eichel back, you keep Horvat, Miller and Petey.

I like Schmidt, but if Rathbone is as good, I don’t mind the idea of trading Schmidt out for a big return. It is hard to carry three Dmen who can’t kill penalties well, Hughes, Rathbone and Schmidt might be one too many skilled guys. That being said, this probably isn’t the draft to trade good players away for picks.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m not opposed to trading Schmidt but Miller? Hmmmm tough one. Not sure Jim has the gonads to trade either that would be so unlike him.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:03 pm I’m not opposed to trading Schmidt but Miller? Hmmmm tough one. Not sure Jim has the gonads to trade either that would be so unlike him.
Schmidt if the return is a younger top 4 rhd (why another team would do this is beyond me) or a quality 3rd line center on a decent deal sure why not. Miller would be a slap in the face of petey, Brock, bo, demko.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:28 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:03 pm I’m not opposed to trading Schmidt but Miller? Hmmmm tough one. Not sure Jim has the gonads to trade either that would be so unlike him.
Schmidt if the return is a younger top 4 rhd (why another team would do this is beyond me) or a quality 3rd line center on a decent deal sure why not. Miller would be a slap in the face of petey, Brock, bo, demko.
Yeah not seeing it as being very wise trading these two. It’s the tankist Buffaloes who desire this kind of stupidity
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:32 pm
Cornuck wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:55 am
Well, they were teammates, maybe they're still buddies?
I know somebody, very close in fact, who was Rays teammate and they called him Rag (as in Ray is on the rag all the time) because he had a mouth that wouldn’t stop bitching all the time. In fact they used to hang tampons in his dressing room stall, not kidding.
Christ that's funny! Rag Ferraro has been crawled up green's ass for years .

He's also a deep-gillis guy, so I don't really care about his opinion.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks are heading to Abbotsford. Doc must be happy!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:51 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:32 pm
Cornuck wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:55 am
Well, they were teammates, maybe they're still buddies?
I know somebody, very close in fact, who was Rays teammate and they called him Rag (as in Ray is on the rag all the time) because he had a mouth that wouldn’t stop bitching all the time. In fact they used to hang tampons in his dressing room stall, not kidding.
Christ that's funny! Rag Ferraro has been crawled up green's ass for years .

He's also a deep-gillis guy, so I don't really care about his opinion.
It was when he was playing for the Portland Winterhawks when they won the Memorial Cup. He had some bad ass teammates whom I’m sure were the culprits picking on him