Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:56 am
Micky wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:35 am fortunately Nate was right there. Fantastic pick-up, not to mention a little luck with the circumstances of him coming available.
This will go down in canuck lore (with Naslund for Stojanov and White for Ehrhoff) as one of the best moves ever made in franchise history
Lol. That’s a bit of a stretch.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:34 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:56 am
Micky wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:35 am fortunately Nate was right there. Fantastic pick-up, not to mention a little luck with the circumstances of him coming available.
This will go down in canuck lore (with Naslund for Stojanov and White for Ehrhoff) as one of the best moves ever made in franchise history
Dont throw nuts into my Bananas Foster MCP

:twisted:
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:34 pm
You think so?

It's a solid top-4 d for effectively nothing, which is at least as good as the Hoff deal.

This got me thinking, why did the canucks get the deal done?

First, we clearly weren't on his 10 team no trade list.

Second, out of the remaining 20 teams, we must have been one of the few with the cap space to take him on. We only had the cap space because Tanev and Marky were let go.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Good question. Division rival, not a preferred destination...couldn't they have shopped around a bit and gotten at least a decent prospect?

There is more to the tale
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“Why did they get the deal done” .... seems pretty simple to me. Vegas wanted Petro and they weren’t going to dither around waiting to grab a second tier prospect + a pick
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:56 pm
ESQ wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Good question. Division rival, not a preferred destination...couldn't they have shopped around a bit and gotten at least a decent prospect?

There is more to the tale
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:39 pm “Why did they get the deal done” .... seems pretty simple to me. Vegas wanted Petro and they weren’t going to dither around waiting to grab a second tier prospect + a pick
FFS you two, ESQ went on to answer his own question...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:46 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:35 am Should have traded Tanev and Markstrom at the TD! He learned nothing from the Hamhuis fiasco.
You do realize the difference between the two situations I hope :?
Micky wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:35 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:35 am Should have traded Tanev and Markstrom at the TD! He learned nothing from the Hamhuis fiasco.
Big difference between rebuilding and contending. Danny wasn't one for waiving good-bye anyways.
C'mon you gomers, HW was OBVIOUSLY joking! :wow:

I guess only non-gomers get her wicked sense of humour...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s the new digs I guess. She has returned as the Lisa Lampinelli of the board
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:16 am
UWSaint wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:44 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:01 am Point was UW, that the shitty contracts have fucked the team more than COVID. Could have easily retained Tanev and Toffoli without a couple of the useless pieces of shit taking up space on the 4th line.
Yes, there are more than Tanev and Toffoli’s contracts in bad contracts. But then you missed my point about Odysseus ordering himself tied to the mast. Signing those complimentary players at their ages to long term contracts could fit for this year but not future years. And I just don’t think those deals would have made sense (Tanev might have without the Vegas trade but would still be a risk).

I don’t think covid fucked the Canucks all that much given that everything about the cap is comparative and most competitive teams were having to make adjustments, limited in their opportunities for improvement. So I guess I agree that bad contracts affect the Canucks more than the flat cap, but I think that going into the season the team is better off this year than last, so I am not sure how it is they might be considered fucked....

I don’t think they are “fucked” either. I just felt the need to chime in on Dickie’s ridonkulous theory that it was COVID that did Vancouver in. He and others are unwilling to believe that Elmer has signed a poor contract in his entire tenure.

Maybe I should lay off smacking the piss out of the low hanging fruit but I find it too tempting sometimes.
I don’t know what your problem is but if you don’t think covid has had an impact on this offseason you’re more of an idiot than you appear online. Must be tough getting owned constantly by the chef and the doc.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Angry little guy here. :lol: COVID had an effect on all the teams, not specifically Vancouver. Now put your teeth back in and have some jello. And for fuck sakes settle down. :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:22 pm Angry little guy here. :lol: COVID had an effect on all the teams, not specifically Vancouver. Now put your teeth back in and have some jello. And for fuck sakes settle down. :lol:
:lol:

Have some jello!

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:16 am Maybe I should lay off smacking the piss out of the low hanging fruit but I find it too tempting sometimes.
This brings some perspective to your world. Have you tried boxers with 5% lycra. It sounds like your boys need a bit of support. Or, "Bagz". Jonesy and Reilly recommends they. They should protect you low hanging fruits.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And there it is..

Rick Dhaliwal:
Micheal Ferland will not be in Vancouver for the start of the Canucks training camp.

Agent Jason Davidson : Mike is at home trying to work things through.

His health is the upmost importance. We will continue to work with the #Canucks in what is best for Mike.
Hope for the best for the big bull Ferland, but everytime he plays - one hit - one punch and his concussion gets worse.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Tciso wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:03 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:16 am Maybe I should lay off smacking the piss out of the low hanging fruit but I find it too tempting sometimes.
This brings some perspective to your world. Have you tried boxers with 5% lycra. It sounds like your boys need a bit of support. Or, "Bagz". Jonesy and Reilly recommends they. They should protect you low hanging fruits.
They used to have IN's chin for support, when he bailed, Reef kneeled into the role, but alas, his two fingers couldn't fill the void.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Tciso wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:03 am

Every time old long balls Hargreaves sits on his sack he makes an angry post