Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by rats19 »

Widow....... I have never been more ready :!: :!: :!:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canu ... G-YQ9qhY-8

Sounds like Ferkland is out, time to get Hamonic. :P
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Fuck Hamonic!

Every vet we sign pushes one youngster off the taxi squad innit?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:43 pm Fuck Hamonic!

Except in this case that youngster would be Chatfield. You want this one pushed off
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Or saunter.. or brisebois..

We already know what we have in those 3, and that a whol lotta #10 defenceman.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:12 pm

Except in this case that youngster would be Chatfield. You want this one pushed off
Chatfield is a defensively sound D-man He has the offensive insticts of Jason Strudwick, but his defensive work should be sufficient for a #8 d-man.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tciso wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:12 pm

Chatfield is a defensively sound D-man He has the offensive insticts of Jason Strudwick, but his defensive work should be sufficient for a #8 d-man.
At just 25 and having had such a long haul with his erroneous endeavors in the US college systems, can't count out Brogan Rafferty. One would think he'll be busting his ass to get NHL time this year.
Also wouldn't surprise me at all if Jack Rathbone makes the decisions who to keep around difficult.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Seems like Juolevi is penciled in for the bottom pairing LD spot, unless Rathbone comes outta nowhere, but I doubt it he'll need a year in the AHL.

So it's Jordy Benn, Rafferty, Chatfield for RD.

Yeah I'd be ok having a vet like Hamhuis I mean right shot Hamonic for the bottom pairing as he's been playing over 20 min a game the past 4 years, + defensive depth rules!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yes because there’s so many quality youngsters pushing for a position on the teams D. :lol:

They are one injury away from Olaf or Benn playing 20 hard minutes a night
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hamonic stinks, we already have him, his name is Jordie Benn
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:30 am Hamonic stinks, we already have him, his name is Jordie Benn
Except we are paying him 1million too much.

How come this contract is not talked about when adding ‘shitty contracts’ together?.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:30 am Hamonic stinks, we already have him, his name is Jordie Benn
I don’t know for sure if Hamonic is the answer, but he’s a serviceable player. I’d prefer Vatanen myself. Or they can start the season with what they have and make a trade if/when they need to.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:51 am

How come this contract is not talked about when adding ‘shitty contracts’ together?.
Because there are four far shittier ones. But you are correct in calling it a shitty contract
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:54 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:51 am

Because there are four far shittier ones. But you are correct in calling it a shitty contract
I just want to see the Canucks get a lot faster, more mobile. The Golden Knights exposed that weakness in us with their speed in the playoffs. The addition of Schmidt goes a long way to fixing that but we need more of that. Rathbone and Juolevi have more upside in puck movement than Hamonic foes who is basically old school hockey
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:07 am
I just want to see the Canucks get a lot faster, more mobile. The Golden Knights exposed that weakness in us with their speed in the playoffs. The addition of Schmidt goes a long way to fixing that but we need more of that. Rathbone and Juolevi have more upside in puck movement than Hamonic foes who is basically old school hockey
My observation of the Knights series was they exposed a lack of skill on D. Our guys could get to the puck first, and chip it out, but they couldn't do anything better than that under the unrelenting forecheck.

At times, it was as much Hughes as Tanev getting hemmed in and turning over the puck, and the D - from age 19 to 36 - all ran out of gas.

That's why I'd rather see players who can make a play over defensive stalwarts. IMO, improving puck skill level over guys like Stecher and Benn is critical. I see a better chance of that with Juolevi and Rafferty instead of Hamonic. Vatanen would be good, but I'm also in favour of keeping away from injury-prone players for a change.