Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 12694
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by SKYO »

Ferraro on D&D show (Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHEK):

Ferraro on what should be the plan for the Canucks:
Stop spending money on July 1st, get more NHL prospects, get younger faster and more skilled.


Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5923
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am
Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Why does Ferraro hate the Canucks so much?

Do media mouth pieces (like Ferraro) really ever talk bad about a coach or GM?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am Ferraro on D&D show (Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHEK):

Ferraro on what should be the plan for the Canucks:
Stop spending money on July 1st, get more NHL prospects, get younger faster and more skilled.


Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Ray Ferraro is a dummy. Travis green is not gonna be in the same breathe as brindamour julien gallant Boudreaux etc.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1765
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by theman »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am Ferraro on D&D show (Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHEK):

Ferraro on what should be the plan for the Canucks:
Stop spending money on July 1st, get more NHL prospects, get younger faster and more skilled.


Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Ray Ferraro is a dummy. Travis green is not gonna be in the same breathe as brindamour julien gallant Boudreaux etc.
Green and him are probably friends, he's just trying to put some pressure on the Canucks to do Green a solid.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4830
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:11 am
Any of those two would lift our shamed bottom six to a greater level of skill and help our top 6 by scoring more, enabling the team to improve, because isn't that the point, to improve every season, next year the team should all be fully vaccinated for the Covid19 virus, and have a much more "normal" season for 2021/22.
Our bottom 6 is bad, but looks much worse because of the lack of practice time during the season.

Right now, they look terrible because we have 6 guys there who have not had a practice together. 6 strangers, of which some are coming of COVID, who are marginal NHL’rs at best.

Our current bottom 6 needs to be flushed, and the new guys have a training camp together and about 5-6 practices where they learn to read the plays and play within our system.

That would do wonders for this team.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22454
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

2Fingers wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am
Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Why does Ferraro hate the Canucks so much?

Do media mouth pieces (like Ferraro) really ever talk bad about a coach or GM?
You take that as hating? He just speaks the truth.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22454
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am Ferraro on D&D show (Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHEK):

Ferraro on what should be the plan for the Canucks:
Stop spending money on July 1st, get more NHL prospects, get younger faster and more skilled.


Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Ray Ferraro is a dummy. Travis green is not gonna be in the same breathe as brindamour julien gallant Boudreaux etc.
He’s a dummy that nailed every point. If this administration had the cheque book locked away a few years ago they wouldn’t be in this mess. Brindy is a premier coach who’s going back to Carolina. Julien is a decent coach. So is Gallant. BB never seem to last anywhere. Pass from me. Green is fine for where this team is today. They are a ways away from being good.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5923
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by 2Fingers »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:42 am
2Fingers wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am
Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Why does Ferraro hate the Canucks so much?

Do media mouth pieces (like Ferraro) really ever talk bad about a coach or GM?
You take that as hating? He just speaks the truth.
It was a tongue in cheek comment but I am not a fan of Green or his assistants. What I don't know is if he is like he is because of the players he has or if he has better players will be coach differently?
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10296
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Well, they were teammates, maybe they're still buddies?
2021 - Playoff Bound
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 16185
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Micky »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am Ferraro on D&D show (Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHEK):

Ferraro on what should be the plan for the Canucks:
Stop spending money on July 1st, get more NHL prospects, get younger faster and more skilled.


Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Ray Ferraro is a dummy. Travis green is not gonna be in the same breathe as brindamour julien gallant Boudreaux etc.
He’s a dummy that nailed every point. If this administration had the cheque book locked away a few years ago they wouldn’t be in this mess. Brindy is a premier coach who’s going back to Carolina. Julien is a decent coach. So is Gallant. BB never seem to last anywhere. Pass from me. Green is fine for where this team is today. They are a ways away from being good.
Complications, depleted roster, not enough practice time , and everything else but that still doesn't get Green a passing grade from me.
When he does run game simulations and line rushes, they are very general. Like a training camp.
You wont see many coaches changing up his top six as much as Travis, (not including this year), almost once a week.
I can't see he's had that much success in developing the younger players that aren't named Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser and Demko. They came that way.
Certainly isn't helped by his two cohorts on the bench.
The success the team had last year up to mid February came from phenomenal seasons from Hughes, Miller, Horvat and Markstrom.

Ok where he is? That means a new contract and would doubt that's a one year deal. Maybe it's just me but I didn't think he was very good in Utica either.
By the way, I know the GM is on the hot seat too.
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am Ferraro on D&D show (Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHEK):

Ferraro on what should be the plan for the Canucks:
Stop spending money on July 1st, get more NHL prospects, get younger faster and more skilled.


Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Ray Ferraro is a dummy. Travis green is not gonna be in the same breathe as brindamour julien gallant Boudreaux etc.
He’s a dummy that nailed every point. If this administration had the cheque book locked away a few years ago they wouldn’t be in this mess. Brindy is a premier coach who’s going back to Carolina. Julien is a decent coach. So is Gallant. BB never seem to last anywhere. Pass from me. Green is fine for where this team is today. They are a ways away from being good.
Id much rather our young studs start learning how to play a winning system. Look at the success Florida is starting to have, same thing with Edmonton. A lot of it is the coaching. Green is great for try hard put lots of effort in but this team needs more than that now, it’s gotta implement something better than the dump and chase.
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15176
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Lol Ray Ferraro is wrong about every damn prediction he ever makes about Vancouver. Hes interviewed out here constantly and always is negative about Vans chances.

In the playoffs he was absolutely adamant the Wild would run Van out of the rink. Then against the Blues he made a scoffing sound about Vans chances and said it was the best bet for a sweep. Then against the Knights he said ee didnt stand a chance...

Constantly wrong and down on the home team is old skullet man Ferarro. If he predicts anything whatsoever about our team you can take it to the bank the opposite will happen
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22454
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:31 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am Ferraro on D&D show (Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHEK):

Ferraro on what should be the plan for the Canucks:
Stop spending money on July 1st, get more NHL prospects, get younger faster and more skilled.


Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Ray Ferraro is a dummy. Travis green is not gonna be in the same breathe as brindamour julien gallant Boudreaux etc.
He’s a dummy that nailed every point. If this administration had the cheque book locked away a few years ago they wouldn’t be in this mess. Brindy is a premier coach who’s going back to Carolina. Julien is a decent coach. So is Gallant. BB never seem to last anywhere. Pass from me. Green is fine for where this team is today. They are a ways away from being good.
Id much rather our young studs start learning how to play a winning system. Look at the success Florida is starting to have, same thing with Edmonton. A lot of it is the coaching. Green is great for try hard put lots of effort in but this team needs more than that now, it’s gotta implement something better than the dump and chase.
I’d love a Joel Quennville type here but the owners only want to pay the coaches and manager minimum wage.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15176
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:31 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am Ferraro on D&D show (Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHEK):

Ferraro on what should be the plan for the Canucks:
Stop spending money on July 1st, get more NHL prospects, get younger faster and more skilled.


Ray Ferraro on Travis Green not signed yet:
It is a mistake in my opinion, where you going to find a better coach. If it is not here, he wont be unemployed very long.
Ray Ferraro is a dummy. Travis green is not gonna be in the same breathe as brindamour julien gallant Boudreaux etc.
He’s a dummy that nailed every point. If this administration had the cheque book locked away a few years ago they wouldn’t be in this mess. Brindy is a premier coach who’s going back to Carolina. Julien is a decent coach. So is Gallant. BB never seem to last anywhere. Pass from me. Green is fine for where this team is today. They are a ways away from being good.
Id much rather our young studs start learning how to play a winning system. Look at the success Florida is starting to have, same thing with Edmonton. A lot of it is the coaching. Green is great for try hard put lots of effort in but this team needs more than that now, it’s gotta implement something better than the dump and chase.
I’d love a Joel Quennville type here but the owners only want to pay the coaches and manager minimum wage.
This is fact. Who knew the aquas were this ghetto?
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 12694
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by SKYO »

Is it all just hearsay about 'I’d love a Joel Quennville type here but the owners only want to pay the coaches and manager minimum wage.' or is there any truth about the owners saying they are only going to pay pocket change for coaches.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Post Reply