Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Strangelove »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:25 pm Don't judge this post for coming to Mick's defense or anything - more of a, "I just don't know" post.

As I understand it, if JV makes it to arbitration, another 48 hour buyout window opens for the Canucks. If he gets say 3.9mil (which is WAY too much for JV) - can we use the buyout window on him? Thus making him a UFA?
Nope, but we could use the buyout on another player.

(player must have a cap hit of at least $4M = Sutter?)
____
Try to focus on someday.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:28 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:25 pm Don't judge this post for coming to Mick's defense or anything - more of a, "I just don't know" post.

As I understand it, if JV makes it to arbitration, another 48 hour buyout window opens for the Canucks. If he gets say 3.9mil (which is WAY too much for JV) - can we use the buyout window on him? Thus making him a UFA?
That blows - here is hoping GMJB gets JV under contract before that, at a reasonable rate!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

There is a recent article somewhere mentioning this as an option but i cant verify fuck all to its authenticity
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:00 pm

There is a recent article somewhere mentioning this as an option but i cant verify fuck all to its authenticity
Do you have a link?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:26 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Do you have a link?
Mickey Links can set you up
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:20 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:33 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:02 pm Holy fuck. When did this sport turn into tummysticks???
I had to google tummysticks.

Thanks for that. :scowl:
You are, of course, welcome for that little gem! :D

____
Try to focus on someday.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:43 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:58 am https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... 1603076276

Sounds like our old buddy the Tryamkinsaurus is having a solid season in the KHL. He's logging a ton of minutes, is a shot block monster and consistently throws his big frame around (11th in league for hits). He'd be perfect to replace J.Benn on the bottom pairing after next season. :P
Yes! Peters' revenge on the Flames is turning Tryamkin into a reliable, physical defensive dman. Let's hope. Would be interesting to see Tkachuk and Tryamkin developing a hate-on for each other.
I predict Podkolzin and Tkachuk will drop the gloves within Podkolzins first year here and Virtanen will be standing there watching with that dumb expression on his face thinking how he once said many years ago - “I want to be the guy other teams hate”
I wouldn't doubt it, Podkolzin looks ready to go as soon as he arrives but I do wish he'd start scoring some points where he is now. Too bad Virtanen seems to have a long fuse, I think he's handled himself pretty well the few times he's lost it.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:34 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:43 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:58 am https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... 1603076276

Sounds like our old buddy the Tryamkinsaurus is having a solid season in the KHL. He's logging a ton of minutes, is a shot block monster and consistently throws his big frame around (11th in league for hits). He'd be perfect to replace J.Benn on the bottom pairing after next season. :P
Yes! Peters' revenge on the Flames is turning Tryamkin into a reliable, physical defensive dman. Let's hope. Would be interesting to see Tkachuk and Tryamkin developing a hate-on for each other.
I predict Podkolzin and Tkachuk will drop the gloves within Podkolzins first year here and Virtanen will be standing there watching with that dumb expression on his face thinking how he once said many years ago - “I want to be the guy other teams hate”
I wouldn't doubt it, Podkolzin looks ready to go as soon as he arrives but I do wish he'd start scoring some points where he is now. Too bad Virtanen seems to have a long fuse, I think he's handled himself pretty well the few times he's lost it.
Except that one time, which I am sure Doyle will point out to us.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yes Virtanen has a real impressive fight card. :lol: Forsberg, Zucker, Farnham and Hartman.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Let’s be clear - Virtanen enjoys fighting as much as Trevor Linden did. Not gonna happen
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:20 am Let’s be clear - Virtanen enjoys fighting as much as Trevor Linden did. Not gonna happen
Pretty much. That’s why I laugh at the constant Cam Neely comparisons. Hell I’d settle for Virtanen becoming another Dustin Brown which with his physical gifts shouldn’t be that much to ask. The problem is Jake just doesn’t give a fuck. He parties like a rock star, and eats like a fucking pig. People blaming his lack of production or not getting enough opportunity on Travis Green are out to lunch.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:52 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:20 am Let’s be clear - Virtanen enjoys fighting as much as Trevor Linden did. Not gonna happen
Pretty much. That’s why I laugh at the constant Cam Neely comparisons. Hell I’d settle for Virtanen becoming another Dustin Brown which with his physical gifts shouldn’t be that much to ask. The problem is Jake just doesn’t give a fuck. He parties like a rock star, and eats like a fucking pig. People blaming his lack of production or not getting enough opportunity on Travis Green are out to lunch.
Well , when you’re out partying at a packed downtown Vancouver nightclub on the eve of entering a quarantined bubble with fellow NHL’ers that kind of gives us an insight on the man, the myth, the legend that Jake is becoming. Rocks between his ears. Apparently the NHL brethren were non too happy with Jake. He’s a fucking idiot plain and simple. If we can add him as the sweetener to get rid of Loui please fucking do it!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I mean, why work out and stay in shape when you can party at The Shaggy Horse and eat gut bombs at McDonald’s the next day.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:59 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:52 am
Well , when you’re out partying at a packed downtown Vancouver nightclub on the eve of entering a quarantined bubble with fellow NHL’ers that kind of gives us an insight on the man, the myth, the legend that Jake is becoming. Rocks between his ears. Apparently the NHL brethren were non too happy with Jake. He’s a fucking idiot plain and simple. If we can add him as the sweetener to get rid of Loui please fucking do it!
Agreed. I suspect any interest in the man, the myth, the legend has to wait for the arbitration judgement. Nobody will pony up assets for him if he gets awarded a salary in the 3s...let alone take him on as a "sweetener".

Its sad to say buy hes just not worth anything in todays NHL
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 am I mean, why work out and stay in shape when you can party at The Shaggy Horse and eat gut bombs at McDonald’s the next day.
Maybe hes more of a hot dog lover than a burger man...just sayin'