Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by donlever »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:51 pm I don't know about y'all......
I had a meat head employee for a period of 10 months.

He lasted more than a week only because there was a tight family connection which resulted in the reason for his employment with me.

Kid was a fucking donkey....use your imagination what he was into, double it up and you might be close to the stupid shit he did.

I had him doing menial tasks a monkey could do and he barely managed but it kept some people happy and kept him off the streets.

After I'd had enough I finally took the familial hit and sent home off to find a life.

He ended up in rehab, came out for a while and ended up back in again.

He's still a loser.

He rolled with somebody who played for the Canucks.

Allegedly....
DeLevering since 1999.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Sooooo, once a meathead, always a meathead Lever?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:36 pm Sooooo, once a meathead, always a meathead Lever?
Is that an accusation?

:lol:

No, but having not watched hockey or paid attention to the Canucks for some time its the only opinion I can offer on the subject.

My experience (I have had a lot of meat head 30 or so and unders pass through my workplace doors over the years, especially lately for various reasons) is that entitled Millenial Meathead very often is just entitled Meathead.

So I play the numbers....

In all seriousness 5th yeah, sure, maybe this is rock bottom for him and he'll surprise everyone...but are we willing to allow a developing young group deal with "Kassian Montreal Phase" if he's not.

Also this team and its Sedin like Canuck Place community work probably isn't the best place for that alleged behavior.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:28 pm I had a meat head employee for a period of 10 months.

He lasted more than a week only because there was a tight family connection which resulted in the reason for his employment with me.
Been there, sent family members baby sitting invoices after giving their spawn the pink slip.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:54 pm Terminating Jake's contract is still the best case scenario for the Canucks imo.

Even if he doesn't lose the civil suit there could still be enough proof of questionable behavior there to violate the terms of his contract.
Only those 2 will know what happened in that room, her word against his and who do you believe. However I don’t doubt that Jake may have crossed a line, even if he wins due to lack of evidence, he’s enough of an idiot to cross those lines.

Biggest problem for Jake and will most likely be his demise as a pro hockey player is his teammates will always doubt him even if he gets off Scott free (his word against hers), and that’s no good, we all know how dudes feel about sex assaulters . I’d be surprised if there is an organization our there that would want to introduce that element into the mix of the room
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:22 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:54 pm Terminating Jake's contract is still the best case scenario for the Canucks imo.

Even if he doesn't lose the civil suit there could still be enough proof of questionable behavior there to violate the terms of his contract.
Only those 2 will know what happened in that room, her word against his and who do you believe. However I don’t doubt that Jake may have crossed a line, even if he wins due to lack of evidence, he’s enough of an idiot to cross those lines.

Biggest problem for Jake and will most likely be his demise as a pro hockey player is his teammates will always doubt him even if he gets off Scott free (his word against hers), and that’s no good, we all know how dudes feel about sex assaulters . I’d be surprised if there is an organization our there that would want to introduce that element into the mix of the room
Is Jake physical enough to rape a woman?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:51 pm I don't know about y'all, but this rape accusation could be just the thing Jake needs. It's all been fun and games for him so far but I bet he's taking life a hell of a lot more seriously now. Probably feels like a fool and might just refocus on hockey as an outlet. Trading him now could be a mistake.
It's too bad the team didn't trade him after he scored 18 goals in 2020 while he got 0.52 points per game with 6 GWG.

Having said that, I'd rather just move on from mr party boy....but I can see them giving him his 15th chance to make amends, he's a decent 3rd line RW if he can average 15 goals per like he has in 2018/19 & 2019/20.

Hopefully JV goes to the NHL rehab program that Kassian went to.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Yah, Too bad they didn't trade him. Wasn't so long ago he was acting like a jerk in practice .and Horvat yelled at him to knock it off.
Hard to understand why he's never been capable of maintaining a good stretch of play. Well 19/20 was OK. Enough to land him his last contract. Thank f**k it wasn't longer then two.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:18 am Hopefully JV goes to the NHL rehab program that Kassian went to.
Why in the world would Jake go to rehab? Let alone rehab for drug abuse.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:55 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:18 am Hopefully JV goes to the NHL rehab program that Kassian went to.
He likes to party too much? hanging out with the Bieb, bringing girls the hotel, having issues showing up to camp out of shape all the time, Green benching him for that, the list goes on.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:21 pm
He likes to party too much? hanging out with the Bieb, bringing girls the hotel, having issues showing up to camp out of shape all the time, Green benching him for that, the list goes on.
Ah, I get it. Meathead rehab.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 pm
Lofl

I've learned through trial and error and great personal pain that there appears to be no such thing.

Entitled Meathead born and bred.

Entitled Meathead until you're dead.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 pm
I’d be willing to bet it’s more than that.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

It's a carryover from a weekend discussion that 5th refers to.

A humorous shot over the bow as it were.

Twas well played.
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

It's rare, but meathead rehab does happen on occasion.

Having said that, in the NHL it's better if the meathead rehabs elsewhere.
____
Try to focus on someday.