2021 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2021 Draft Class

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:41 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:55 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:28 am Vancouver needs to pick Red Savage in the 3rd round. This is a future 3rd line centre right here. Good skater, good defensively, underrated offensively.

Again.....SKYO, your thoughts.
3 years from now when whoever we take plays better than Red Savage youll be reading:

Just think...Vin Tanner wanted 3g/0a Red Savage
But the name....
:eh:

:lol:

How the fuuuuck did i miss that one
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

His nickname is Bloodthirsty apparently.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:45 pm Might as well grab a higher pick. Theyve checked out and it only helps the future.
C'mon man. Show me a single sign that any of the team is "checked" out", cuz that is a hugh attack on the character of the guys.

I see a team that is still tired from Covid and too many games, and is short of practice time. But, if you see guys who are checked out, let us know who they are, so we can shit all over them til they get traded.

And, I don't think we have anyone else to call up. Woo, Focht and Lockwood are all that is left. None of them need NHL time yet, just more game time over-all.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Tciso wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:35 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:45 pm Might as well grab a higher pick. Theyve checked out and it only helps the future.
C'mon man. Show me a single sign that any of the team is "checked" out", cuz that is a hugh attack on the character of the guys.

I see a team that is still tired from Covid and too many games, and is short of practice time. But, if you see guys who are checked out, let us know who they are, so we can shit all over them til they get traded.

And, I don't think we have anyone else to call up. Woo, Focht and Lockwood are all that is left. None of them need NHL time yet, just more game time over-all.
That comment was made after the wednesday loss and they changed my opinion by playing the kind of game they did on Thursday...gritty, finishing checks, fighting back etc. You may very well be correct about it being fatigue and covid related
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:39 am
Tciso wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:35 am

That comment was made after the wednesday loss and they changed my opinion by playing the kind of game they did on Thursday...gritty, finishing checks, fighting back etc. You may very well be correct about it being fatigue and covid related
That's fair.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:28 am Vancouver needs to pick Red Savage in the 3rd round. This is a future 3rd line centre right here. Good skater, good defensively, underrated offensively.

If he can scrap yes, lol.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

SKYO wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:54 pm

Looks like he is ex Hab Brian Savage's boy. Seems to have grown up in Arizona.
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:12 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:54 pm

Looks like he is ex Hab Brian Savage's boy. Seems to have grown up in Arizona.
He used to be called Mr October...he would score 90% of his goals right out of camp then get like one or two the rest of the year
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks are averaging out with about 5-6 games in hand with the teams just ahead of them. It’s safe to say we will be picking top this year. With our 2-8 record over the last 10 I don’t think we are catching teams who are 6 points ahead of us, we would have to go .500 with them playing at .500, which most likely won’t happen so that gives us a near guaranteed top 8 draft pick. But if continue on playing at .200 we should be getting at least a top 5 pick. Looks like we’ll be getting a decent prospect IF the pick is more Pettersson/Hughes than Juolevi/Virtanen in which this class IMO will produced some unpredictable duds (Turcotte, Broberg, Zadina, Byfield) and studs (Q. Hughes, Pettersson, Stutzle, Podkolzin) in the top 10
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Way too early to be calling duds on picks made 8- 20 months ago imho.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:48 am Way too early to be calling duds on picks made 8- 20 months ago imho.
There is definitely lots to be concerned about with Turcotte and Byfield, such highly touted prospects along with Kenny Holland’s - Zadina and Broberg
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

If hes available the youngest Hughes brother works for me as well. A bigger version of Quinn with a better shot and likely sitting right where we will be drafting?

Mmmmmokay then

https://thehockeywriters.com/luke-hugh ... -profile/
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:04 am If hes available the youngest Hughes brother works for me as well. A bigger version of Quinn with a better shot and likely sitting right where we will be drafting?

Mmmmmokay then

We don’t need another lefty D-man. But I they pick him if he’s there because of the story and intangibles. This city loves a brother act although outside of the Sedins and Stastnys they rarely work. I still think we need more top 6 skilled forwards more than anything. Hughes, Schmidt, Hamonic, Myers, Rathbone is OK for me and let’s face it, Edler isn’t ready to retire and we know how much he loves this city. Also with Juolevi coming along nicely as a 5-6 and Woo playing great in Utica, we is OK defensively
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:09 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:04 am If hes available the youngest Hughes brother works for me as well. A bigger version of Quinn with a better shot and likely sitting right where we will be drafting?

Mmmmmokay then

We don’t need another lefty D-man. But I they pick him if he’s there because of the story and intangibles. This city loves a brother act although outside of the Sedins and Stastnys they rarely work. I still think we need more top 6 skilled forwards more than anything. Hughes, Schmidt, Hamonic, Myers, Rathbone is OK for me and let’s face it, Edler isn’t ready to retire and we know how much he loves this city
Luke Hughes wouldnt be making the team next year anyway so you go BPA over organizational need. If he looks ready after that you make a choice and trade out one of Olaf or Ratbones to shore up positions of need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We are very thin at forward when it comes to skill, UDL. It’s actually dreadful once you get past Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Miller and Hoglander to an extent. Yes Podkolzin will help but we need at least 2 more very skilled forwards.