Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Tciso »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:54 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:39 pm And maybe a decision gets made to move on from Edler after next season and then resurrect the OEL trade.
OEL -8.25
Hughes- 8.5- 10
Schmidt - 6
Myers- 6

Way too top heavy.
Meyers gets exposed to the Krakens?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:01 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:26 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:07 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:39 pm And maybe a decision gets made to move on from Edler after next season and then resurrect the OEL trade.
OEL -8.25
Hughes- 8.5- 10
Schmidt - 6
Myers- 6

Way too top heavy.
Not if Myers is moved to make the space
That should be easy enough. :lol:
He is a giant right side dman. Its not THAT hard to imagine
Loui has a giant merm. Sutter has a great last name. It’s about the play on the ice Sunshine.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

We need to stop thinking about deals that relies on someone else in the future being moved.

We keep saying it will be easy yet it never is.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:17 pm
OEL -8.25
Hughes- 8.5- 10
Schmidt - 6
Myers- 6

Way too top heavy.
Loui has a giant merm. Sutter has a great last name. It’s about the play on the ice Sunshine.
merm laugh out loud !
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OEL -8.25
Hughes- 8.5- 10
Schmidt - 6
Myers- 6

Way too top heavy.
Nevermind the Angry Bird. He posts from a bad place
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:24 pm We need to stop thinking about deals that relies on someone else in the future being moved.

Easy peasy IF you're willing to give up the necessary assets.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

OEL -8.25
Hughes- 8.5- 10
Schmidt - 6
Myers- 6

Way too top heavy.
Yup, after July 1 Myers is only due $13M in real dollars over the rest of his contract ($4.33M-per).

With a 10-team no-trade list.

Doyle is just being hard to get along with...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lois is only due five more million over two years and ‘all these teams will be wanting to approach the cap floor’

Yet he’s still here.... stealing air.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:53 pm
OEL -8.25
Hughes- 8.5- 10
Schmidt - 6
Myers- 6

Way too top heavy.
Nevermind the Angry Bird. He posts from a bad place
Nobody is angry but spending 30 million on THAT D would be a dumb idea.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:24 pm We need to stop thinking about deals that relies on someone else in the future being moved.

That’s just it. Build around the two lynch pins and move forward. They just dodged a bullet with OEL getting yanked off the market. Good player, terrible cap hit. Schmidt is just as good, cost fuck all in assets and he makes substantially less. Schmidt just became our second D who will be part of the core.

Petey
Horvat
Miller
Boeser

Huggy
Schmidt

Demko

These are the guys you build around and look after. The jury is still out on Brock but I’m currently betting on him.

OEL nukes the cap structure due to his length of contract. It isn’t realistic. Good player but the term is ridiculous for a team like this.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:33 pm Lois is only due five more million over two years and ‘all these teams will be wanting to approach the cap floor’

Loui and Petey for a 7th round pick in 2025 would get it done yesterday.

I keep posting this extreme exaggeration to prove it is possible to move Loui anytime.

Obviously it won't cost that much, but there is no doubt Jimmy can move him if he wants to pay the price.

And the price to move Loui, Rooster, Beagle will be lower next year (should be obvious to everyone).

Jimmy, like most GMs, has a great deal of patience... something you could use more of Doyle.

"Loui hasn't been moved yet, therefore it's impossible" - Doyle Hargraves

:roll:

Yeah, no offense but you seem to be lacking in both patience and logic there Doylie Boy...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:24 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:33 pm Lois is only due five more million over two years and ‘all these teams will be wanting to approach the cap floor’

Loui and Petey for a 7th round pick in 2025 would get it done yesterday.

I keep posting this extreme exaggeration to prove it is possible to move Loui anytime.

Obviously it won't cost that much, but there is no doubt Jimmy can move him if he wants to pay the price.

And the price to move Loui, Rooster, Beagle will be lower next year (should be obvious to everyone).

Jimmy, like most GMs, has a great deal of patience... something you could use more of Doyle.

"Loui hasn't been moved yet, therefore it's impossible" - Doyle Hargraves

:roll:

Yeah, no offense but you seem to be lacking in both patience and logic there Doylie Boy...
Exactly this, if an unprotected first was on the table Louie would be gone yesterday, benning is being patient, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s willing to go into this season with him and have him waived to send the message he’s done, at which point I’m sure he’ll retire.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:52 am
I think with the expansion draft looming, one of those 3 will get taken. I’d rather see 28 million allocated to our top 4 then have it sit with Louie, sutter, beagle, roussel on the bottom 6 (all of which will be replaced with elc’s and hawrlyuck type guys within the next 2 years). I really like oel and think he’s a legit 1-2 guy yet just stuck on a shitty Arizona team. His term is scary with the flat cap right now but he’s still an amazing dman. Being able to roll Hughes and Meyers, Schmidt and oel, as a top 4 would make us one of the best transitioning teams in the league. This is all daydreaming though, Oel isn’t getting moved this offseason, and id rather save a spot for tree. Just thinking of ways to get rid of Louie.
I guess we'll see if Benning's that hot on the guy now that they have Schmidt but I agree with you, I'd rather see how things transpire with Tryamkin. I have really high hopes for Rathbone too.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:28 pm
I think with the expansion draft looming, one of those 3 will get taken. I’d rather see 28 million allocated to our top 4 then have it sit with Louie, sutter, beagle, roussel on the bottom 6 (all of which will be replaced with elc’s and hawrlyuck type guys within the next 2 years). I really like oel and think he’s a legit 1-2 guy yet just stuck on a shitty Arizona team. His term is scary with the flat cap right now but he’s still an amazing dman. Being able to roll Hughes and Meyers, Schmidt and oel, as a top 4 would make us one of the best transitioning teams in the league. This is all daydreaming though, Oel isn’t getting moved this offseason, and id rather save a spot for tree. Just thinking of ways to get rid of Louie.
I guess we'll see if Benning's that hot on the guy now that they have Schmidt but I agree with you, I'd rather see how things transpire with Tryamkin. I have really high hopes for Rathbone too.
Right exciting it is
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:28 pm
I really like rathbone as well. If green can get over his lefty righty hang up, I think rathbone tyramkin could be a great bottom pairing tandem after edler retires.