2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:03 pm If Marky is signed send them any of, some of, but not all of Demko, Virtanen, Juolevi, Rathbone, Tryamkin rights, Lind

Yotes retain some salary and take back a contract
I’m higher on Demko and Ratbones than you are. Though if they do retain a decent chunk and take Lois off our hands, that changes things. Very interesting times for sure. I have a feeling it could all fall apart though and we end up seeing all three UFA bolt and we replace them with Khudobin/ Crawford, Schenn/Bogosian and Wallmark/Wennberg. Time will tell.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:03 pm If Marky is signed send them any of, some of, but not all of Demko, Virtanen, Juolevi, Rathbone, Tryamkin rights, Lind

Still a big believer in Tryamkin? https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdi ... pid=159881 Don't know how this translates to the NHL but
looking pretty good. Is he too comfy there?
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:19 pm

I’m higher on Demko and Ratbones than you are. Though if they do retain a decent chunk and take Lois off our hands, that changes things. Very interesting times for sure. I have a feeling it could all fall apart though and we end up seeing all three UFA bolt and we replace them with Khudobin/ Crawford, Schenn/Bogosian and Wallmark/Wennberg. Time will tell.
Doyle you worry too much. Have no fear when Jimbro is here
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:21 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:19 pm

Doyle you worry too much. Have no fear when Jimbro is here
I’m not worried. I’d be fine if the UFA walked and we replaced them with cheap depth after all the big names disappear
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

I'm not worried no matter what happens. If we lose out on OEL + all our UFA's it will feel like the end of the world for some, but I like the prospects of using that money and going fishing for other smaller inexpensive fish (as long as we avoid longer terms).

I've actually accepted the possibility of taking a step back this year as my timeline for this team to flourish is when all our bad contracts are off the table and the next wave of youngsters come in. I can afford more patience as long as this thing is done right. Unfortunately patience is something not afforded to JB and a bad year will likely cost him his job.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:02 pm Unfortunately patience is something not afforded to JB and a bad year will likely cost him his job.
Jimmy is incredibly patient, reports indicate he has been working on this trade for weeks and has barely budged.

Again, I disagree with you that a trade like this would set us back...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

OEL added to Vancouver immediately places them into contender status with or without Markstrom. This is where everybody wants to play. Van is knocking on the door people...quit cowering in the shadow of indecisiveness.

Join the rebellion
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:18 pm OEL added to Vancouver immediately places them into contender status with or without Markstrom. This is where everybody wants to play. Van is knocking on the door people...quit cowering in the shadow of indecisiveness.

Join the rebellion
No he doesn’t. The bottom six is still a disaster and so is the defensive depth.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:26 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:18 pm OEL added to Vancouver immediately places them into contender status with or without Markstrom. This is where everybody wants to play. Van is knocking on the door people...quit cowering in the shadow of indecisiveness.

Join the rebellion
No he doesn’t. The bottom six is still a disaster and so is the defensive depth.
The kids will start taking jobs as we purge the bloated excess of an expired gameplan.

Join us Doyle
If you need air...call it in
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:12 pm Jimmy is incredibly patient, reports indicate he has been working on this trade for weeks and has barely budged.
I meant the owner won't be patient, Jimmy can't afford to have the team take a step back this year.

Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:12 pm Again, I disagree with you that a trade like this would set us back...
Again, I didn't say it WILL set us back. Just pointing out the potential of how it could and really just outlining the pros and cons. I've mentioned in a couple of posts why I would be for it as well. So I could go either way on this one, just comes down to the cost.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:30 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:26 pm

Join the rebellion
The kids will start taking jobs as we purge the bloated excess of an expired gameplan.

Join us Doyle
They have very little in terms of kids that will crack the lineup this coming season.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

OMG Doyle you're like Eeyore, dump that crap and pick up some scotch buddy!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

This season OJ and Rafferty (if you call him a kid) has a good shot at stepping into the lineup. Hog, Rathbone, Lind not likely but outside chance. If not this season the following season there could be as many as 4-5, of course depending on the fallout of this OEL deal if it happens, but that's too many rookies to slot into your lineup in a season so best hope to start getting at least one or two in this season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:42 pm OMG Doyle you're like Eeyore, dump that crap and pick up some scotch buddy!
What kids are ready to step in and contribute?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:42 pm OMG Doyle you're like Eeyore, dump that crap and pick up some scotch buddy!
What kids are ready to step in and contribute?
How bout a couple of MacEwen, Hoglander, Lind, Lockwood, Gadjovich, Juolevi, Rathbone, Rafferty...

Or should we not even let them try out?
____
Try to focus on someday.