Trevor Linden is stepping down in VAN

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trevor Linden is stepping down in VAN

Post by Mickey107 »

August 17th, and we really don't know anything more.

I was thinking that if Linden did want to stay around the NHL, he could set up "another" company and become a player agent. :shock:
Actually, I'm not really joking. Might just be his calling.
"evolution"
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am
DHA wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:03 am Don't buy tickets....

Seriously don't buy tickets to the Beagle show...

#Pronger - Stop it really just stop it.

Don't buy tickets.

How many years are we going to wait... this organization has no credibility....they are throwing shit at the wall..then firing every couple of years...

Where is the stability!!! - Linden and Shanahan on same page - but TO fucked around for so many years until BS had the balls to tell them we need to go through pain to win...

This is not about Linden... It's all about ownership, this is their vision since they purchased the Canucks and we are living it.
You're overreacting. :wink:

It's stable... for a rebuild.

Four years of Jimmy building, building, building...

#buytickets
Sorry for the delayed response. I love what JB is doing fantastic prospect pool...stars coming, Hughes and EP.. The moves Aqualini has made with pushing management in an out over the past years is really questionable. It appears that he does not want to hire experienced people or give the reins to hockey people like Linden/Shanny, he is more comfortable with having complete control. The fact he has to keep firing people at some point will reflect on his ability to build a strong management team. He used Linden up as a Van City Prop for his business gain and even though the club was on the right track he fired him. The future will hold the truth and if Aqualini turns the team into a cup Contender I will respect him...so far the instability at the top points to his inability to find senior management that can execute ...whatever his vision is.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

DHA wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:26 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am
DHA wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:03 am Don't buy tickets....

Seriously don't buy tickets to the Beagle show...

#Pronger - Stop it really just stop it.

Don't buy tickets.

How many years are we going to wait... this organization has no credibility....they are throwing shit at the wall..then firing every couple of years...

Where is the stability!!! - Linden and Shanahan on same page - but TO fucked around for so many years until BS had the balls to tell them we need to go through pain to win...

This is not about Linden... It's all about ownership, this is their vision since they purchased the Canucks and we are living it.
You're overreacting. :wink:

It's stable... for a rebuild.

Four years of Jimmy building, building, building...

#buytickets
Sorry for the delayed response. I love what JB is doing fantastic prospect pool...stars coming, Hughes and EP.. The moves Aqualini has made with pushing management in an out over the past years is really questionable. It appears that he does not want to hire experienced people or give the reins to hockey people like Linden/Shanny, he is more comfortable with having complete control. The fact he has to keep firing people at some point will reflect on his ability to build a strong management team. He used Linden up as a Van City Prop for his business gain and even though the club was on the right track he fired him. The future will hold the truth and if Aqualini turns the team into a cup Contender I will respect him...so far the instability at the top points to his inability to find senior management that can execute ...whatever his vision is.
It was linden who had a change of heart, Aqua has been fine with linden and Benning’s plan, it’s when linden decided we needed another 5 years to rebuild that he got the boot. We know with Benning saying he doesn’t expect playoffs this year that the owners are on board with that, the year after though there should be improvement (I’d say a playoff berth). And who hear thinks a rebuild should take another 5 years, we got key positions drafted, now it’s time for the kids to show what they got.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:28 pm It’s when linden decided we needed another 5 years to rebuild that he got the boot. We know with Benning saying he doesn’t expect playoffs this year that the owners are on board with that, the year after though there should be improvement (I’d say a playoff berth). And who hear thinks a rebuild should take another 5 years, we got key positions drafted, now it’s time for the kids to show what they got.
Not sure how anyone sees 5 more years of rebuilding with this team. Unless it's considered 5 years to be a true contender / top 10 team? Our front end looks good, but I suppose if our D doesn't progress much, maybe 5 years is what will take to rebuild the back end. I really don't want to us become "oilers 2.0" (are they still rebuilding?)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."