The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by ESQ »

Mëds wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:45 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:10 pm You don’t have someone with a $3million cap hit playing on the 4th line, Beagle is hopeless. I thought Steve Bernier was the king of Stonehands but Beagle takes the cake

If Gadjovich is in your 4th line that’s no good. He needs to be further up the line up with centres who could actually set him up, the only thing Beagle can set is swatting at the puck like it’s a hot potato
Beagle has one more year, and him coming off to be replaced by Highmore doesn't really make a difference next year considering the roster and the state of it all. And note I said you need a guy like Beagle. One who can win draws. If you can get someone like Highmore who can also win faceoffs above 50% of the time.....well then sure.

We're definitely on the same page regarding Gadjovich.
"Someone like Highmore"? What does that mean? He's a center who's taken 3 - that's right, THREE - faceoffs all year. And won one.

Does anyone actually think Highmore is an NHL center?

I mean, he could be, but he'd be the worst 4th line center in the league. Which is why - all due respect to the Chef - it's ok to pay 4th line C/#1 PKer $3 million. It keeps guys like Highmore in the AHL where they belong.

Even if Beagle is overpaid at $3 million, he's still 3 times the player Highmore is, so wouldn't that mean Highmore at league minimum is overpaid?

Guys like Vesey, Highmore, Graovac are # 16, 17, and 18 on the Canucks depth chart, and that's where they belong.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:12 pm No

Jeezus fuck
CBD wants a 4th line like Miller - Petey - Boeser.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:44 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:10 pm You don’t have someone with a $3million cap hit playing on the 4th line, Beagle is hopeless. I thought Steve Bernier was the king of Stonehands but Beagle takes the cake

If Gadjovich is in your 4th line that’s no good. He needs to be further up the line up with centres who could actually set him up, the only thing Beagle can set is swatting at the puck like it’s a hot potato
Beagle has one more year, and him coming off to be replaced by Highmore doesn't really make a difference next year considering the roster and the state of it all. And note I said you need a guy like Beagle. One who can win draws. If you can get someone like Highmore who can also win faceoffs above 50% of the time.....well then sure.

"Someone like Highmore"? What does that mean? He's a center who's taken 3 - that's right, THREE - faceoffs all year. And won one.

I mean, he could be, but he'd be the worst 4th line center in the league. Which is why - all due respect to the Chef - it's ok to pay 4th line C/#1 PKer $3 million. It keeps guys like Highmore in the AHL where they belong.

Even if Beagle is overpaid at $3 million, he's still 3 times the player Highmore is, so wouldn't that mean Highmore at league minimum is overpaid?

Guys like Vesey, Highmore, Graovac are # 16, 17, and 18 on the Canucks depth chart, and that's where they belong.
I do appreciate that Stonehands Beagle can get skates on pucks while bracing the boards
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:44 pm

I just assume that Chef means that a guy like Highmore can skate much faster than Beagle and his mobility advantage means quicker on pucks etc.

Always taking your life in your hands when you assume anything with the Chef. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen Terrace, what’s the action like downtown up there? Vibrant, happening, hip? Where do the hot babes hang out? Are there restaurants up there that would make Topper proud?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Laughing at the folks who can't handle a rebuild screaming for a rebuild.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:10 am Laughing at the folks who can't handle a rebuild screaming for a rebuild.
Yeah, I don't want to name any names but VIN TANNER has complained constantly about missing the playoffs in a rebuild.

He doesn't ask for much, just make the playoffs, draft high, don't sign overpriced-UFAs, and have lots of cap space just sitting there.

That's all it would take to finally make VIN TANNER happy. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 am
Topper wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:10 am Laughing at the folks who can't handle a rebuild screaming for a rebuild.
Yeah, I don't want to name any names but VIN TANNER has complained constantly about missing the playoffs in a rebuild.

He doesn't ask for much, just make the playoffs, draft high, don't sign overpriced-UFAs, and have lots of cap space sitting there.

Would that be comparable to moving mountains, Doc? Make Vin happy?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:21 am I just assume that Chef means that a guy like Highmore can skate much faster than Beagle and his mobility advantage means quicker on pucks etc.

Always taking your life in your hands when you assume anything with the Chef. :lol:
Highmore isn’t a centre. He also isn’t an NHL player like half the roster.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:53 am
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 am

He doesn't ask for much, just make the playoffs, draft high, don't sign overpriced-UFAs, and have lots of cap space sitting there.

Would that be comparable to moving mountains, Doc? Make Vin happy?
Happy Vin Tanner = oxymoron.

(cuz Vin Tanner = ox-like moron) 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hoglander 9 goals 13 assists NHL points drafted 40th 2019
Turcotte 3 goals 12 assists AHL points drafted 5th 2019

Doyle looooooooooooves the LA Kings
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:25 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:12 pm No

Jeezus fuck
CBD wants a 4th line like Miller - Petey - Boeser.
Nahhh he wants core pieces like Motte, Highmore and Lockwood.

Core pieces!!

What a fucking tard.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Thu May 06, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder the 2019 10th overall pick will be better than the 2019 5th overall pick too? My money is on - yes it will.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2Fingers wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:46 pm
ESQ wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:36 pm

But if anyone thinks the Canucks can let Sutter walk and not replace him in UFA, and that will somehow make the team better, hopefully the last few games of the Vancouver Comets has put that idea to bed.

If keeping Sutter is that important to the team then this team is in BIG trouble.
It’s not important to the team but signing Sutter to a one year deal at 1.75 million is a better alternative to Elmo going full Elmo on Free Agent day and fucking this team up more than he already has
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:05 am a better alternative to Elmo going full Elmo on Free Agent day and fucking this team up more than he already has
:hmmm:

Vinny is a bandwagoneer, behold:
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:47 am Elmer has done a lot of good things since the calendar moved into 2017.
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:20 pm Hargraves has thrown bouquets at Elmer many times since 2017.
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:23 pm Jim Benning has been pretty darn good since the calendar rolled into 2017.
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:48 pm I have little problem with most of the management decisions since we rolled into 2017.
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 pm Since (2017 )the management group pulled their heads out and has pulled off a series of good moves, I have done a 120. Thr team is fun, it’s exciting.
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:12 am (Benning) deserves credit for the job he’s done since the calendar rolled over into 2017.
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 am How many times do I have to say the guy has done a good job the last 2 1/2 years?
____
Try to focus on someday.