Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:56 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:49 am Doyle speaking of Myers what’s the deal with Patrick Laine?
One has nothing to do with the other. I guess they are both tall and both played in Winnipeg :?
Myers 18 points this season $6 million
Laine 18 points this season $6.75 million

Isn’t Laine supposed to rack up points or is Myers playing above himself with 5 goals 13 assists?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:29 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:56 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:49 am Doyle speaking of Myers what’s the deal with Patrick Laine?
One has nothing to do with the other. I guess they are both tall and both played in Winnipeg :?
Myers 18 points this season $6 million
Laine 18 points this season $6.75 million

Isn’t Laine supposed to rack up points or is Myers playing above himself with 5 goals 13 assists?
Myers doing ok
Laine not so much
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://theprovince.com/sports/canucks- ... 1620597248

Nice article on Tyler Graovac. Wearing #44, the big fella is our new Bertuzzian project. :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Baubles MS compares a failed forward sniper to a stay at home defenceman.

The guy not looking good on the Vancouver d is 88. Glimpses of what he can do followed by long periods of inconsistent to poor play.

Poor baubles MS, he dearly misses his lil trojan.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper107 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:08 am Baubles MS compares a failed forward sniper to a stay at home defenceman.

The guy not looking good on the Vancouver d is 88. Glimpses of what he can do followed by long periods of inconsistent to poor play.

Poor baubles MS, he dearly misses his lil trojan.
I didn’t make the comparison you senile old coot. Christ is someone cutting up your food for you these days? You make as much sense as Gomer107.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:08 am Baubles

I agree. What have these bumbling fool coaches done to one of the better 2 way dmen in the league over the past few years? How can they possibly have affected that level of negative change in such a short span?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nate doesn't get to be much of a two-way D-man under Green. He's practically had to reshape his game. There is more to this player than we have seen here to date. Right from training camp, he was taken back by the way the Canucks were running drills. Not what he'd been use to seeing I guess.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:25 am Nate doesn't get to be much of a two-way D-man under Green. He's practically had to reshape his game. There is more to this player than we have seen here to date. Right from training camp, he was taken back by the way the Canucks were running drills. Not what he'd been use to seeing I guess.
I wonder why he doesnt like the collapse and flail method of defensive zone coverage
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gomer107post_id=429172 wrote:Tue May 11, 2021 8:25 am Right from training camp, he was taken back by the way the Canucks were running drills. Not what he'd been use to seeing I guess.
Is that what he told you?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Mikey Dipietro somehow, despite playing three games in the past year plus, has been added to Team Canada's roster for the upcoming world's.

GM Luongo must like the kid :D

el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sportsnet Link
Sportsnet 650@Sportsnet650
@KevinisInGoal; wasn't surprised by the Team Canada call up for Mikey DiPietro, however his AHL usage did surprise him.

Kevin joined ThePeoplesShow @SatiarShah earlier to talk about the DiPietro plan & Ian Clark

Full interview: https://sportsnet.ca/650/peoples-show/k ... velopment/
Mike DiPietro, did not get enough work in this year and that's a shame because if, by any chance, the team decided to move on from Holtby or if he was selected by Seattle, DiPietro will have to develop on the fly.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob 305 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm
micky107post_id=429172 wrote:Tue May 11, 2021 8:25 am Right from training camp, he was taken back by the way the Canucks were running drills. Not what he'd been use to seeing I guess.
Is that what he told you?
No, that is what I surmised watching all the preseason video and interviews available.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Patrick Johnston @risingaction
Just talked to Mike DiPietro. Story coming tomorrow. But he had some thoughts about Ian Clark and what he's meant to him for the last two years. Also had plenty of praise for Curtis Sanford's work in Utica.
He'll fly with Team Canada teammates to Latvia from Newark on Sunday
+
Asked Mike DiPietro about his hopes for Ian Clark to stay around with the Canucks next year.
10:05 AM · May 13, 2021· LINK

Mike DiPietro interview this morning.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Blues goalies get three of the last four starts for the Canucks farm team while Dipietro sits. Doesn't play all year and then sits and watches another organization's goalie play the last few games for his organization's farm team in Utica. If we're not the worst organization in pro sports I'd like to see what is, this is just embarrassing,

Our spirit animal must be the jellyfish, not the killer whale. Jeezus.

Kevin Woodley audio at the link: https://twitter.com/Sportsnet650/status ... 73089?s=20
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:50 am The Blues goalies get three of the last four starts for the Canucks farm team while Dipietro sits. Doesn't play all year and then sits and watches another organization's goalie play the last few games for his organization's farm team in Utica. If we're not the worst organization in pro sports I'd like to see what is, this is just embarrassing,

Our spirit animal must be the jellyfish, not the killer whale. Jeezus.

Kevin Woodley audio at the link: https://twitter.com/Sportsnet650/status ... 73089?s=20
Wow...just wow. Why have they been trashing on this kids development like that? Is there a reason? Is Utica bitter about Van leaving?