Post season wrap up.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Post season wrap up.

Post by Cornuck »

Rick Tocchet has won the 2024 Jack Adams Award!

Anything else would have been robbery.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:30 pm Rick Tocchet has won the 2024 Jack Adams Award!

:thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lancer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:53 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:01 am I’m just not seeing the benefits of tying up big long term money on Lindholm when he turns 30 in December. Not for where this team is at. He’s gonna be looking for his retirement contract with term and the most money. Do we really want that future boat anchor ? I say no. The organization needs to stop with this shit.
I would use that money on a winger for Petey. Bluegers can centre Joshua and Garland until the next TDD. No one’s expecting Lekkerimaki to be in the lineup before 25-26, so get a guy on a 2-3 year deal as a contributing placeholder.

I loved what Lindholm brought to the team in the playoffs, but he’ll want paid. Someone will pay him big, so I hope it’s not us.

Joshua won’t be too challenging IMO as long as management doesn’t try to low-ball him. He knows what he has in Vancouver, so as long as it’s a reasonable raise for him at decent term (3 yrs for argument’s sake) I am not worried about losing him.

We all talk about who the team will lose in free agency, but there’s all the other FAs that will be available as well. Butthead and Old Fart may have some magic to weave again this summer.
If we can figure out what to do with the Mikheyev boat anchor some of these UFA’s could be retained. Just not sure how many. My guess it’s Joshua who stays while Lindholm and Zadorov move on
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Cornuck wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:30 pm Rick Tocchet has won the 2024 Jack Adams Award!

I had to be. :)

el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I guess another question is - was it worth 'renting Hronek and (maybe) Zadorov to make a bigger push for the playoffs? Was the experience for the core worth losing some picks?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well Hronek wasn't a rental, we either re-sign him long term or get assets back in a trade.

And personally I believe they will find a way to re-sign Zads.

Lindholm was probably just a rental though.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:42 pm

I liked Zads response to who's its saying he might have priced himself out of Van. Zads basically said he loves it here, his kids love it here, and the media has no idea how much he should be paid
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Raile wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:45 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:42 pm

I liked Zads response to who's its saying he might have priced himself out of Van. Zads basically said he loves it here, his kids love it here, and the media has no idea how much he should be paid
Don’t forget, he wanted out of Calgary because they didn’t make any overtures. Once he got here he said term is most important. He wants stability for his family. So I can see him taking a shave and a haircut for longer term and perhaps better trade protection.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’d be happy if the Big Z and Joshua returns, and Myers at a haircut. Laff and Cole and DeSmith are gone. And Stone Hands Suter is not a top 6 foreword anymore and All skates and Nothing Else Mikheyev is somehow rocketed outta here!

Lindholm is not going to be a Canuck come July.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dude do you post when you are just plastered?

In the GDT you want Lindholm back. In several threads you trash the guy up and down that he sucks and is Paulson # 2. At what point will you have a decent take and actually stick with it? You have have it in you but it seems more important to you to bash kids two weeks after they were drafted or shit on Canadian players.

Topper had a good solid post even though he was out to lunch 🥙 on Peter’s pp production. But you are seriously Gomerizing the place. Too bad because you are one of my favorite posters. Is it volume that you seek?

Dude107

The back and forth is good but lobbing in Elms in every other thread and giggling with a jerry can in hand and a zippo is getting a bit much.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I rarely mention BenningBuilt nowadays IN FACT you are on the daily mentioning your grievances with Elmer incessantly!!! It’s over the top ridiculous!! I suggest you make the appropriate adjustments and move on from all things Elmer. It’s a horrific broken record you are subjecting us to!

It’s not your fault
It’s not your fault
It’s not your fault
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:32 pm I guess another question is - was it worth 'renting Hronek and (maybe) Zadorov to make a bigger push for the playoffs? Was the experience for the core worth losing some picks?
Yes.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:32 pm I guess another question is - was it worth 'renting Hronek and (maybe) Zadorov to make a bigger push for the playoffs? Was the experience for the core worth losing some picks?
I’m undecided on that. I felt we weren’t ready in the curve to make those kinds of moves but I did enjoy the post season!
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

When asked about Mikheyev’s struggles, Allvin was quick to point the finger at himself, with his most blunt quote of the press conference.

“It wasn’t his fault that he was put in a top-six position; it was my fault,” said Allvin. “I don’t think anybody was expecting Ilya Mikheyev to be a top-six player. He’s a good middle-six player.”

In other words, Allvin took responsibility for failing to find a way to upgrade the team’s top-six forward group and give Pettersson the winger he needed and also took some responsibility for Mikheyev’s struggles.
lol sorry stone hand mik
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:04 pm
I’m undecided on that. I felt we weren’t ready in the curve to make those kinds of moves but I did enjoy the post season!
It didn't just buy experience for the core group.

It rejuvenated the relationship between this City and its team.

Invaluable...

Priceless....
DeLevering since 1999.