NHL business

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: NHL business

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:41 am If teams are playing in their home rinks they'll be going home to their families every night, potentially bringing the covid with them from close contact with the opposition players. I suspect this would be the concern
Probably. But how is it any riskier than sending our kids to school? And who is the risk applied to? Yes, the virus is harsher on compromised or elderly (and measures are in place to help protect them) but for anyone under the age of 50, you get a bad flu. 1/50th of 1 % under the age of 50, who are not compromised are gonna die from this thing. Better chance of dying by getting hit by a drunk driver, and your WAY more likely to die from cancer.

Let them play if they want.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:41 am If teams are playing in their home rinks they'll be going home to their families every night, potentially bringing the covid with them from close contact with the opposition players. I suspect this would be the concern
Did I miss something? Are all the Canadian teams playing in just one or two bubble sites?
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Just go back in a bubble so there is minimal risk. Players can suck it up until a vaccine arrives. Lots of workers go away from their families for months to make a lot less than these millionaires. Meet health care needs, bubble up, or go away. Any of these options will let them play.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:54 am
Did I miss something?
Just most of your brain.

Are you going to answer the question?

You see, it’s like this there Super Gomer,

If you had an intelligent opinion, and stood by it, didn’t lie and bullshit or mess up the boards with links of drivel, then perhaps people around here would take you more seriously. But all you do is spout shit like a filthy shit Santa, spraying everywhere, then dodge when people start asking direct questions.

Go back to licking windows and eating crayons.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
NMCs extended through July so that any player supposed to have one through the Seattle expansion draft still does.
7:21 AM · Dec 20, 2020
Training camp: 36 skaters and unlimited number of goalies.
7:40 AM · Dec 20, 2020
Entry-level slide for rookies drops from 10 games to 7
7:52 AM · Dec 20, 2020
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 am
Probably. But how is it any riskier than sending our kids to school? And who is the risk applied to? Yes, the virus is harsher on compromised or elderly (and measures are in place to help protect them) but for anyone under the age of 50, you get a bad flu. 1/50th of 1 % under the age of 50, who are not compromised are gonna die from this thing. Better chance of dying by getting hit by a drunk driver, and your WAY more likely to die from cancer.

The health authorities having jurisdiction are mandated to create a standard that applies to everyone equally. Concessions for specialty groups, including proffessional sports, will complicate matters and draw resources away from legitimate critical areas.

They need to worry about the collective first and foremost. I commend her for having a backbone even if i selfishly dont want her to. Here in alberia our Chief Provincial Health Officer is a puppet for the cheeseburger walrus himself....jason fucking kenney

The policies regarding schools have always had me scratching my head. Kids are grubby little bastards
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

CapFriendly @CapFriendly
Taxi Squad details for the 2020-21 #NHL season:

EXPLANATION LINK

http://capfriendly.com
8:17 AM · Dec 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/ ... 8040340480

Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:14 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 am

The health authorities having jurisdiction are mandated to create a standard that applies to everyone equally. Concessions for specialty groups, including proffessional sports, will complicate matters and draw resources away from legitimate critical areas.

They need to worry about the collective first and foremost. I commend her for having a backbone even if i selfishly dont want her to. Here in alberia our Chief Provincial Health Officer is a puppet for the cheeseburger walrus himself....jason fucking kenney

The policies regarding schools have always had me scratching my head. Kids are grubby little bastards
Pretty clear. It’s demographics. Kids (by and large) are healthy and growing. If they get COVID. It’s a flu. They get better. We need to hit herd immunity. Under 50 is the ages to be getting (and getting over) this thing.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:01 am
Micky wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:54 am Did I miss something? Are all the Canadian teams playing in just one or two bubble sites?
I don't and never have gone to protests.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:14 am Kids are grubby little bastards
Just have to do some divergent thinking to find solutions for all these issues.
Reminds me of some old jokes.

What’s blue and sits in the corner?
A baby in a plastic bag.

What’s green and sits in the corner?
Same baby six months later.

See a solution, and it even incorporates Canuck colours.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Is the expansion draft date changing if the season goes through July? Or do we get screwed and have to protect a player like Edler?

As for the season and playing here in Vancouver, I fully support Dr. Henry and her approach. Her approach has saved countless lives and prevented more illness from hitting our Province. Keep in mind we have seen several outbreaks due to sports teams travelling. This is why it is prohibited. Albeit one would think a professional organization like the NHL would have the money and resources to do a better job than some pee wee team.

Hockey, any sport, is not an essential service. Like most fans I want the games back. I'm bored! But I want my life back more. And that means hunkering down a little longer so we can all get vaccinated and return to some form or normalcy.

Even thought games will be played without a crowd there is great risk to exposure flying in and out of the city on a regular basis. There is exposure to everyone it takes to put on the game. Look at the NFL. Now all things considered they have done not too badly but it shows how quickly this thing can spread.

Vancouver can find a home arena to play in if it's that important to them to play. Perhaps one with a more generous time zone for them. Although Ontario and Quebec would not be my favourite destinations right now. Players are going to have to commit to strict protocols to protect each other and the community at large. No Virtanen bar hoping ventures. You have to trust the players to isolate and taken extraordinary precautions as they transverse the country. It can be done but let's remember that Ontario would not allow the Blue Jays or Raptors to play home games. So there is precedent for this, its not just the commie, pinko left of BC.

I haven't sacrificed as much as I have only to be let down in the home stretch because someone thought it would be a good idea to treat pro athletes differently. I want hockey but I want to stay Covid free more!!
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

For the mental health of all Canadians ...... hockey is essential :!:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nh ... 21-season/

"NHL, NHLPA officially announce agreement for 2020-21 season"
-------------------------------------------------------
NHL Public Relations@PR_NHL
The @NHLPA and @NHLhave announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://media.nhl.com/public/news/14499
12:32 PM · Dec 20, 2020

"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:37 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:01 am
Micky wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:54 am Did I miss something? Are all the Canadian teams playing in just one or two bubble sites?
You are a fucking moron
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:37 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:35 am
Micky wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:31 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:57 am
Micky wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:55 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:39 am
Micky wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:22 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:48 am

How are you specifically ‘fighting for our time slots’?

You legally protesting somewhere?
Hello. Hello. Is there anybody in there........
I simply asked a question, wondering if you were actually, physically doing something, or simply lying and bullshitting on the internet for attention.

You understand your posting a bullshit opinion on a hockey newsgroup does nothing to sway anyone’s opinion, right?
(Should you infer that your online opinion is worthless, you are of course, correct). Do you feel like your some kind of ‘internet avenger’ righting the wrongs?. “Look out, here comes SUPER GOMES! The masked internet avenger!”. Your super powers include window licking and eating rainbow crayons.
Don't stick your arm in a piece of moving machinery.

You should probably delete that post.
So Super G, are you going to answer the original question I asked you, or just keep squirming like your uncle taught ya?
don't say I didn't warn you.
Warn me about what? When your opinion would be relevant? Or when you were gonna answer the question?

Or are you scared to answer as that would be used to prove your a liar (again) and your opinion flip flops faster than you can say ‘crayon muncher’
Ahhhh, okay NOW we're getting somewhere!

So then how exactly are you "fighting for our effing timeslots"?

(and by "effing" do you mean "fucking"?)

Micky wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:15 pm Honestly? I'm fighting for our effing time slots for live home games.
____
Try to focus on someday.