The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Mickey107 »

Lancer wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:01 am
BigTuna wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:38 am The problem with Toronto is not D, goaltending. It is the coach.

1. Zach Hyman, 21:24

That was the forward last night with the most TOI. approx. 6 hours prior to the game yesterday, Babcock mentioned the issue with the poor home record was low shooting % at home. What's the answer? Play a guy who is useless offensively the most of course!

Kapanen can't get PP time though and Hyman can get over 4 minutes PP time per game..
duh...

huh...

So now it’s the coach’s fault, right?

The same coach you guys were crowing about when he signed there after his glory years and multiple Cups in Detroit? The same Olympic Gold Medal-winning coach that everyone in Hogtown said was going to take their wretched team back to glory years only their grandfathers had witnessed?

Yeah, how’s that going?

BTW, Paul Maurice says hi after Winnipeg’s playoff run last year - with no Generational messiah like Matthews or McJesus. Just a team with good talent depth up front and a solid blueline to go with superior goaltending - things your team does not have.

Thing is, I see your comments above as the bow-wave of the next chapter in the Sportsnet/TSN slobber-fest. Shit-can Babcock! It’s the coach’s fault! If only we had a coach with the pedigree to take us to the promised land... hey wait a minute! Who just came on the market??? Of COURSE Quenneville wants to coach the Leaves! It’ll be his dream come true!!! Just a phone call from Shanahan, and it’s a done deal! Blablahblahblah.....

Let’s just say that I find your latest wet fart and it’s timing...

...a little funny-smelling.
Be a really spiffy buy-out though.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:38 am The problem with Toronto is not D, goaltending. It is the coach.

That was the forward last night with the most TOI. approx. 6 hours prior to the game yesterday, Babcock mentioned the issue with the poor home record was low shooting % at home. What's the answer? Play a guy who is useless offensively the most of course!

Kapanen can't get PP time though and Hyman can get over 4 minutes PP time per game..
I'm sure Doobie has the numbers.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Lancer wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:01 am

duh...

huh...

So now it’s the coach’s fault, right?

The same coach you guys were crowing about when he signed there after his glory years and multiple Cups in Detroit? The same Olympic Gold Medal-winning coach that everyone in Hogtown said was going to take their wretched team back to glory years only their grandfathers had witnessed?

Yeah, how’s that going?

BTW, Paul Maurice says hi after Winnipeg’s playoff run last year - with no Generational messiah like Matthews or McJesus. Just a team with good talent depth up front and a solid blueline to go with superior goaltending - things your team does not have.

Thing is, I see your comments above as the bow-wave of the next chapter in the Sportsnet/TSN slobber-fest. Shit-can Babcock! It’s the coach’s fault! If only we had a coach with the pedigree to take us to the promised land... hey wait a minute! Who just came on the market??? Of COURSE Quenneville wants to coach the Leaves! It’ll be his dream come true!!! Just a phone call from Shanahan, and it’s a done deal! Blablahblahblah.....

Let’s just say that I find your latest wet fart and it’s timing...

...a little funny-smelling.

The team is 10-5. What is Babcock's fault exactly? I have issues with his player usage more than the D or goaltending.
And Winnipeg lost twice to Toronto this year. Toronto D is playing better and so is Andersen.

I am not a Quennville fan.

I find it ironic I rip something on Toronto and you have a massive issue with it.

Hellebuyck:
11 11 5 5 1 33 354 321 .907 3.01

Andersen:

13 13 8 5 0 28 394 366 .929 2.18

Toronto-GA 40, 15 games

Jets-GA 38, 14 games

Toronto vs Jets this season- 2-0

Toronto- 20 points in 15 games

Jets-17 points in 14 games

Sorry, which team is better and has better D and goaltending? And what trophy did the Jets win for losing to an expansion team in the playoffs? Or perhaps being the best team in Atlanta Thrashers history does it.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

FFS Tunes, your team hasn't won a round in 14 years

... why can't you see that no one is going to take them seriously no matter what you say.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:17 am I suppose in fairness, nobody thought the Leaves would be able to keep Nylander while signing Tavares to a UFA contract.

This has turned out to be true.
"We can and we will." :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:43 pm FFS Tunes, your team hasn't won a round in 14 years

... why can't you see that no one is going to take them seriously no matter what you say.

The ironic thing is I am talking about 2018 and you are rambling on about a time when Kasperi Kapanen's dad beat Toronto...
Last edited by BigTuna on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The ironic thing is someone bragging about "an elite team" that can’t win in the playoffs.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:41 pm The ironic thing is someone bragging about "an elite team" that can’t win in the playoffs.
Never called them elite prior to this year. So you are wrong again.

Is Leo Komorov going to win a Selke BTW?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:41 pm The ironic thing is someone bragging about "an elite team" that can’t win in the playoffs.
Never called them elite prior to this year.
Right, you called a team that can’t win in the playoffs "elite".

BigTuna wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm Is Leo Komorov going to win a Selke BTW?
I already told you a player has to put up plenty of points to win the Selke...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 pm
BigTuna wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm
Never called them elite prior to this year.
Right, you called a team that can’t win in the playoffs "elite".

BigTuna wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm Is Leo Komorov going to win a Selke BTW?
I already told you a player has to put up plenty of points to win the Selke...

leaves can win the cup this year. Hanging on to past year's accomplishments is stupid.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I can’t wait until the leaves lose the poker game and hand the playoff no-show Nylander an $8 million per year contract further crippling their cap space
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:02 am Leaves can win the cup this year.
:roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Tuner the only way the leaves ever win another cup is if the 25+ teams that have been added through expansion since they last won fold up shop and disappear.

In other words...make sure your paper bag is nicely folded and presentable....you'll be needing it every spring til youre ready for the box
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

leaves=4th best team GAA in the NHL.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:25 am Leaves=4th best team GAA in the NHL.
Better start planning that fuckin' parade, eh Tuned? :D