LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 am My buddy just bought an old church and converted it into a giant loft style home with a massive basement art studio. He paid 40k i think and threw 20 into making it a home. Now hes morgtage free and wonders why he pissed away all those years in the city
There's an empty church next door we had our eye on, but the guy wanted WAY too much. We have a friend from NYC who bought one in a nearby town and is slowly fixing it up.

There's a lot to be said for being debt-free.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:14 am Fuck offf! That old school is yours? You just became the coolest curmudgeon on the CC, dethroning miserable Topper. Love it!!
Yep - moved here in 2006. Had some cold winters to start off as we figured out what to do, but life is good now. Art studios in most of the old classrooms and storage in others.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:15 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 am My buddy just bought an old church and converted it into a giant loft style home with a massive basement art studio. He paid 40k i think and threw 20 into making it a home. Now hes morgtage free and wonders why he pissed away all those years in the city
There's an empty church next door we had our eye on, but the guy wanted WAY too much. We have a friend from NYC who bought one in a nearby town and is slowly fixing it up.

There's a lot to be said for being debt-free.
I work like 30 hours an month and all my bills are paid. The rest of the time I'm fucking around in my greenhouses or floating in the pool.

To live this laid back of a lifestyle in Vancouver wouldve meant marrying money or working 6 days a week to scrape by in some hunk of shit house in a clustefucky neighbourhood i cant afford.

Quality of life is everything
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cheers to Professor Cornuck of Nodrunk, Nebraska

The most curmudgeonly poster on the corner
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:19 am
Quality of life is everything
This.

I still work a lot, but on my own terms for the most part and doing what I enjoy. Mortgages suck.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:21 am Cheers to Professor Cornuck of Nodrunk, Nebraska

The most curmudgeonly poster on the corner
WTF? :D
cur·mudg·eon·ly
/kərˈməj(ə)nlē/

adjective: curmudgeonly

(especially of an old person) bad-tempered and negative.
"a curmudgeonly old man"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Holy shit, Corny, you just became even cooler in my eyes.

That looks like it could be any of the old elementary schools still in Vancity. Sadly, many of them are empty and not being used anymore.

I would find it creepy to walk the hallways at night though.

At least you never have to worry too much about tornados damaging your school. Man, you need to fly an Orca flag in your front yard!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Is that your old 70s ford f100 P/U? I love those old pigs
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:29 am Is that your old 70s ford f100 P/U? I love those old pigs
Good eye! Yep, that's my baby - best $250 I ever spent! :D It's my yard work truck for the most part, but starts every time and runs great.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornys house looks like the school from Hock-a-loogie

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:27 am Holy shit, Corny, you just became even cooler in my eyes.

That looks like it could be any of the old elementary schools still in Vancity. Sadly, many of them are empty and not being used anymore.

I would find it creepy to walk the hallways at night though.

At least you never have to worry too much about tornados damaging your school. Man, you need to fly an Orca flag in your front yard!
Tornadoes will rip through anything - I've seen a few schools destroyed - but - we do have some very safe places to go if one gets too close.

The first week here, sleeping on my own was a little weird as there were lots of odd noises (like the water fountains kicking on in the middle of the night) - and the first night we stayed here, some local kids broke in! :D

There's a lot of empty schools everywhere. It's too bad as they're built really well, but neglect will get to them all in the end. :/ This one was is use up until we bought it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

That’s great and all Cornuck, but Tornado alley?? You can have that school. “Don’t worry kids, we are going to see the wizard of oz!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ha! Did you go all Groundskeeper Willie on them kids that broke in?

You should get an old yellow schoolbus and turn it into a guesthouse.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:44 am That’s great and all Cornuck, but Tornado alley?? You can have that school. “Don’t worry kids, we are going to see the wizard of oz!!
I hear ya - there's problems every place, so a rare tornado won't worry me. When checking out the area, about the only recent news I could find back then was about the next town over that had just been hit by 4 in one day.

When the sirens go off to let people know there's one spotted in the area, people get outside to look for them.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder what room Cornuck gets it on with Mrs Cornuck?

A) cloak room in Room 101
B) the custodian’s room
C) the boiler room
D) the gym
E) the cafeteria
F) the Principals office
E) one of shitters in the girls or boys washroom
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau