Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:40 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 am

Leivo was scoring at 20 goal pace here
When did the NHL go to a 98 game schedule?
You hate em all I get it......but I'm saying Leivo over Baertschi/Granlund/Eriksson - left you some ammo to say - sure they all are trash/mistakes.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm

You hate em all I get it......but I'm saying Leivo over Baertschi/Granlund/Eriksson - left you some ammo to say - sure they all are trash/mistakes.
You said Leivo scored at a 20 goal pace? Math not really your thing?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:50 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm

You said Leivo scored at a 20 goal pace? Math not really your thing?
I was quoting said article, but yes he was at a 16 goal pace with Vancouver in 82 games...still better than most of the fringe wingers here, don't you agree?

(blob replies: of course our wingers are shitty as it is, ain't no feat).
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks ... amkin-2019

The daily hive brings up a good point about Tryamkin, with just 1 year left on his contract, there's a chance he may join the Canucks late into next season. Kind of like the first time around when he came over as the KHL seasons ends quite early and like when all our american college players game to join us (ie: Brockstar, Gaudette, Hughes). If we're in the playoff hunt and mgmt offers him an appealing contract, the Tryamkinsaurus would be a nice addition to bolster our D-core for the playoff push.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 am https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks ... amkin-2019

The daily hive brings up a good point about Tryamkin, with just 1 year left on his contract, there's a chance he may join the Canucks late into next season. Kind of like the first time around when he came over as the KHL seasons ends quite early and like when all our american college players game to join us (ie: Brockstar, Gaudette, Hughes). If we're in the playoff hunt and mgmt offers him an appealing contract, the Tryamkinsaurus would be a nice addition to bolster our D-core for the playoff push.
Oh yeah this is good stuff.

I love Bennings drafting style of at least 1 defenceman drafted in the first 3 rounds of every draft instead of 1 every 3 drafts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:16 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 am https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks ... amkin-2019

I love Bennings drafting style of at least 1 defenceman drafted in the first 3 rounds of every draft instead of 1 every 3 drafts.
But bpa dude!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Not Caufield. Just can't, just can't.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:16 am

Its not really about benning at all is it buddy. A benning success is merely an opportunity to take a stab at your nemesis.

There is something very dwight shrute-like in all of this angst :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Maybe Brock would have chosen not to go to the Worlds for the US. Might even be goin to Bo's wedding for all I know.
Everywhere you look the general consensus in regards to his contract is 7 mil for 6 or 7.

Too bad. Really think it would have been great for him to have gone this year.
His shot, passing skills and attitude would have helped the US big time.
Good opportunity for some plays with Quinn too. Maybe on a PP or just generally.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:07 pm Maybe Brock would have chosen not to go to the Worlds for the US.
Yeah no way he would have gone before signing his big contract.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:26 pm Image Something is telling me Edler may not be resigned after all.

Haven't heard anything but I do remember Benning saying something about a younger defense.
I did not feel this way at the TD but I think if Alex really wants to stay, there will be no significant
raise and 2 yrs only, no goodies.
Not sure what the hell a goodie is. Two years and 6.5 million per season would be the max I’d offer up. Let him test the market if he doesn’t like it. He’s 33 and prone to injuries
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Some team out there will offer him a generous 3-4 year contract. I wonder how loyal Edler is to the Canucks now with Linden let go.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Can’t be Vancouver. If they love him that much make it 14 over 2 with a full nmc. Renegotiate July 2021. Otherwise let him walk. Pick other teams bones for a good defeneman leading up to the draft. Anaheim looks like they might have a decent extra guy.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’d give the Edler money to Myers, he just turned 29 and is more durable. Edler just turned 33 and isn’t durable. Same kind of player except one shoots right and the other left. Both call BC home
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:05 pm I’d give the Edler money to Myers, he just turned 29 and is more durable. Edler just turned 33 and isn’t durable. Same kind of player except one shoots right and the other left. Both call BC home
Not for more than four years imho. Myers is ok but he isn’t quick in a fast man’s game. If they are bound and determined to sign this player this could be Eriksson ugly at seven years