From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL D'arcy's kids.......kinda like Jerry's kids but I digress, have ten pages and counting about Dave Bolland trashing the Sedins....... but apparently it was Canucks fans who were going to come unglued . :roll: Let's see 4 pages here..... and ten pages at the inbred farm. But we are the ones who would take this non issue seriously ? One of these things is not like the other.

I'm with Reef on this, D'Arcy should be commended for providing hockey fans all over the world with a product that elicits so much laughter. The poster called CsinmyBlood seems like quite the winner.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BCExpat wrote:

Anyway, about Calpuck. I am a long time poster over there, although not very frequently these days. I guess this thread is devoted to pointing out some of the crap that goes on there. When I'm over there, I tend to steer clear of that sort of thread.
SO that doesn't leave many threads for you to puruse Expat.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
BCExpat wrote:

Anyway, about Calpuck. I am a long time poster over there, although not very frequently these days. I guess this thread is devoted to pointing out some of the crap that goes on there. When I'm over there, I tend to steer clear of that sort of thread.
SO that doesn't leave many threads for you to puruse Expat.
Sadly, you're right.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I listened to Calgary radio fan 960 on my drive in that day debating the Bolland issue but didn't see anyone launch a thread until 2:30 in the afternoon on this site. Seems to be more interest out here about it.
If you need air...call it in
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Whenever i got reminded on CP i don't want the Canucks to win a Cup because that's what you get....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Whenever i got reminded on CP i don't want the Canucks to win a Cup because that's what you get....
I don't think you can blame the team winning a cup in 1989 for the eyesore called calgary puck . That was 22+ years ago and a lot of the posters who "contribute" to that board were in diapers or they weren't born. Or were you referring to the 2004 finals run Cookie ? Furthermore , I could never see this place getting driven into the ground like CP has. The lack of intelligent people and their obsession with everything Vancouver is what has ruined CP. We have a 16 page thread mocking them . They prattle on about Vancouver( the team, the fans, owners etc, the riot) 24 - 7- 365 .

Lots of boards out there have younger and older posters from all walks of life and they could be 18 - 65. Bountiful is no different in age range than most other boards I'd assume. While they may have quite a few 20 something or teenage posters, they also have some veteran posters who have been on that board for a decade and it's not like they are exactly driving up the IQ of the place. D'Arcy the matriarch of the board is my age, yet he still acts like a teenager when it comes to censoring and banning people who don't pull the inbred line.

Hell they just banned one of their own fans ;walleye got booted just for remarking that CP is mocked everywhere. Nice freedom of speech D'Arcy.

Check out this gem...http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... tcount=119
Benjo
CC Veteran

Post by Benjo »

I thought it was funny folks were speculating that Turris would go to Calgary. I'm not sure what Calgary has that Phoenix would want even at Turris' deflated value.
Vpete
CC Veteran

Post by Vpete »

Cal puck is like a drug for me, I can't get enough because it never lets me down.

The figure I find most intriguing and altogether baffling is Jiri. He has some intelligence and make poignant remarks but does not seem to actually help the site. I honestly don't think he understands what being a fan is. It's to engage in discussion, refrain from adhering to reality and be passionate about the team. He simply refuses to accept a change in course from what has got the Flames where they are to trying something different.

In essence he wants to repeat mistakes and hope one more round of praying "the GM is better and can't screw up as much" is the only way to go. But don't challenge him, he's pissy little girl. Knots in panties real quick.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I don't think you can blame the team winning a cup in 1989 for the eyesore called calgary puck . That was 22+ years ago and a lot of the posters who "contribute" to that board were in diapers or they weren't born. Or were you referring to the 2004 finals run Cookie ? Furthermore , I could never see this place getting driven into the ground like CP has. The lack of intelligent people and their obsession with everything Vancouver is what has ruined CP.
Maybe both, but you're right, even with a cup we won't take this road, at least as long as we're on this planet.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

D'Arcy and gang have joined the Kevin Bieksa fan club.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=112715

Have these cats ever heard of sarcasm ? I don't know maybe he was taking a jab at a teammate or two by downplaying the World Junior Tourney. Fuck they are turning purple with rage discussing it. Hilarious. A few of them seem to have gotten the fact that KB4 could have been fucking around.

Mongoville........ the gift that keeps on giving. merry Chistmas D'Arcy, and to all of your brother cousins and uncle grandpas. :lol:
Vpete
CC Veteran

Post by Vpete »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:D'Arcy and gang have joined the Kevin Bieksa fan club.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=112715

Have these cats ever heard of sarcasm ? I don't know maybe he was taking a jab at a teammate or two by downplaying the World Junior Tourney. Fuck they are turning purple with rage discussing it. Hilarious. A few of them seem to have gotten the fact that KB4 could have been fucking around.

Mongoville........ the gift that keeps on giving. merry Chistmas D'Arcy, and to all of your brother cousins and uncle grandpas. :lol:
Holy shit!

Really?

I mean seriously- really?
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

What a frikken joke....inbreds
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blaster86
AHL Prospect

Post by Blaster86 »

Vpete wrote: Holy shit!

Really?

I mean seriously- really?
I contemplated getting involved in that. Opted against it. At this point, they're just trolling. So I trolled back.
Mr.Miyagi
CC Veteran

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

I haven't been over there for the longest time. I went there before the holidays to get a feel for the game against the Canucks at the time.
Do you know most recovering addicts tend to relapse during the holidays? Well, it's true because I have been visiting daily since. I can't get enough.

It's out of control. A thread about Bieksa and the WJC has turned into a brutal slaughter that involves name calling, and basically bashing anything that is Vancouver. Someone even pulled an article about PP's from the province? Just to make a point that Vancouver writers are whiners? WTF?

There is an obviously serious obsession problem with some posters over there. I am a Canuck fan living in Alberta and I don't even read the province unless an article is linked here at CC.
The lack of intelligent people and their obsession with everything Vancouver is what has ruined CP.
I never saw the forum when it was normal or at least not completely off of the rails but I feel sorry for any one who calls that place home.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
tantalum
CC Veteran

Post by tantalum »

The difference between bountiful and this board really is slight. One small difference.

This site has one thread dedicated discussing/bashing bountiful and the flames.

That site has every thread dedicated to the canucks. :D

Oh wait 2 differences. That whole IQ thing as well.

On this latest topic all I can say to members of that board is WHOOSH! You missed it.