Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by BladesofSteel »

^
I wonder if the new CBA will include something similar to the min criteria a player must have to be eligible for no-trade protection to that of guaranteed salary.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

My homie Rick Dhaliwal got my back on this one ayee
Polled 10 agents about what Brock Boeser contract could look like.

Long term - some said 6.5 to 7 million - some said 7-8 million

Bridge deal of 3 years - 5 million range

2 years - 4 to 4.5 million
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:59 pm My homie Rick Dhaliwal got my back on this one ayee

8 x 7 ish easily, get it done
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pending free agents, age, salaries:
RFAs:
• Markus Granlund, 25, $1.475 million
• Tyler Motte, 23, $925,000
• Josh Leivo, 25, $925,000
• Brock Boeser, 21, $925,000
• Nikolay Goldobin, 23, $863,000
• Ben Hutton, 25, $2.8 million
• Derrick Pouliot, 25, $1.1 million
• Thatcher Demko, 23, $925,000

UFAs:
• Alex Edler, 32, $5 million
• Luke Schenn, 29, $800,000
• Marek Mazanec, 27, $650,000
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Of the RFAs qualify everyone but Pouliot.

Of the UFAs Schenn 1-2 years. Preferably one year. Edler only 2-3 years with trade protection that does not require we protect him for expansion draft. Mazanec, who knows. I think we should be healthy in net but if he’s willing to play in the ECL I guess. But really we don’t need him.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:30 pm Of the RFAs qualify everyone but Pouliot.

Of the UFAs Schenn 1-2 years. Preferably one year. Edler only 2-3 years with trade protection that does not require we protect him for expansion draft. Mazanec, who knows. I think we should be healthy in net but if he’s willing to play in the ECL I guess. But really we don’t need him.
Yeah, the poopalot is unequivocally looking elsewhere for work, I hope.
Quite a few aren't big fans of Granny but at the price we've had him, he is more than adequate, IMO.
If he's gonna start thinking how valuable he is in regards to his versatility, no doubt via shove from agent, and wanting
the big-ole-raise, might be tata.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:54 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:59 pm My homie Rick Dhaliwal got my back on this one ayee

Yer dreaming. He's going to sign a bridge so he can play for his contract when he isn't recovering from a catastrophic back injury.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:53 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Yer dreaming. He's going to sign a bridge so he can play for his contract when he isn't recovering from a catastrophic back injury.
What exactly am I dreaming about?

How is 8 x 7.5 a garbage offer?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:18 pm

You said 8x7ish, actually.

But at any rate, Brock is coming off catastrophic wrist and back injuries and a shortened summer of training. He had a good sophomore year, but not a great contract year.

Before the injuries, he was flirting with 40+ goals. A 40+ goal winger will get $9-10mil, and I expect Brock will bet on himself and on playing with Petterson, to sign a bridge and aim for the huge bucks.

Which is fine, he'll have earned it. I just don't see a guy in Brock's shoes deciding this was the year to base your salary for the bulk of your career off of.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:53 pm
ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:54 pm But at any rate, Brock is coming off catastrophic wrist and back injuries and a shortened summer of training. He had a good sophomore year, but not a great contract year.
Should the Canucks even consider committing big money/term to a player with multiple "catastrophic" injuries by 22 years old?

Maybe we should trade him before he becomes a forward version of Salo/Juolevi. :eh:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:06 pmShould the Canucks even consider committing big money/term to a player with multiple "catastrophic" injuries by 22 years old?
Maybe we should trade him before he becomes a forward version of Salo/Juolevi. :eh:
Boeser for Laine I say. :o

Sounds like Boeser is open to any deal at this point, from a bridge to 8 years.
In Jim Parsons’ THW rumors report of April 6, he reported that Canucks’ winger Brock Boeser would be asking for around $6 million per season on a new deal as a restricted free agent. His numbers have been good, scoring 55 points in 68 games this season, which likely would equate to a market-value contract in the $6 million per season range. However, the issue for Canucks’ general manager Jim Benning is that Boeser has suffered a number of injuries that have limited the number of games he’s been able to play in his NHL career.

However, Parsons’ April 9 rumors report followed-up by noting that Boeser’s agent Ben Hankinson announced that Boeser was “open to anything.” In his interview on Sportsnet radio, Hankinson noted:

“We will figure it out, whether it’s a one-year deal or eight-year deal, something is going to happen in between now and six months from now. I don’t know if there is a big rush, I would like to get it done with Jim [Benning]; that could happen in the next week or later on. We are both open to discussing all options. Overall Brock is open to anything.”That Boeser’s agent is weighing in by using the phrase “open to anything” is good news for Canucks fans. Hope for next season’s team is invested in the young stars, which include Pettersson, rookie defenseman Quinn Hughes, goalie Travis Demko, and Boeser.

Obviously signing Boeser helps give the team a strong young foundation to build around. Furthermore, it seems obvious that Boeser wants to be part of that future. His agent has basically announced that contract negotiations won’t be painful. Now, the only question seems to be whether the deal is short-term (given his injuries) or long-term (given Boeser’s perceived value to the team).

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-ne ... oderstrom/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:54 pm

But at any rate, Brock is coming off catastrophic wrist and back injuries and a shortened summer of training. He had a good sophomore year, but not a great contract year.

Before the injuries, he was flirting with 40+ goals. A 40+ goal winger will get $9-10mil, and I expect Brock will bet on himself and on playing with Petterson, to sign a bridge and aim for the huge bucks.

Which is fine, he'll have earned it. I just don't see a guy in Brock's shoes deciding this was the year to base your salary for the bulk of your career off of.
And yet he hasn’t scored 30 goals in a season.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:32 pm
ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:54 pm

And yet he hasn’t scored 30 goals in a season.
Given his catastrophic injury history, you'd think he'd prefer the security of a longer-term deal.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:06 pm
Should the Canucks even consider committing big money/term to a player with multiple "catastrophic" injuries by 22 years old?

That's a reasonable question. I'm sure its affecting the offers Boeser is getting - there's only so much you can pay a guy who's missed 33 games in his first 2 seasons.

But in an $82+ mil cap, if Benning can get Boeser for 8x$7mil, he is truly a genius. I think that, but for the injuries, Boeser would have been north of $9 mil.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

HomeNHL Rumors
Boeser
BY JIM PARSONS APRIL 9TH 2019

Brock Boeser Open to Any Kind of Deal
One of the stories to watch this coming summer will be what kind of negotiations and deal takes place between the Vancouver Canucks and Brock Boeser. According to comments by his agent Ben Hankinson, Boeser is reportedly “open to anything”.

Brock Boeser #6 of the Vancouver Canucks
VANCOUVER, BC – FEBRUARY 2: Brandon Saad #20 of the Chicago Blackhawks checks Brock Boeser #6 of the Vancouver CanucksImage
Hankinson was on Sportsnet radio this morning (via Rick Dhaliwal) and said:

We will figure it out, whether it’s a one-year deal or eight-year deal, something is going to happen in between now and six months from now. I don’t know if there is a big rush, I would like to get it done with Jim [Benning], that could happen in the next week or later on. We are both open to discussing all options. Overall Brock is open to anything.

Boeser’s agent seems to think this whole process should be painless but there are a number of ways the Canucks can approach this. Injuries suggest they may want to proceed with caution and go short-term while there is value in locking him up long-term. There is now also precedence of a mid-length term like five years (something Auston Matthews proved teams are willing to try).
end of article;

Very "nice" piece of work for general-public consumption. (can almost smell the lilac Lysol).
Anyways, if you get a chance to lock up Brock long term, you do it.
Ya, Brock is the kind of guy that may actually feel guilty taking more than Horvat but if he would be open to 6.5 for seven,
what was it Garfield said; Image

I for one, am not the slightest bit worried about the, um, catastrophic, cataclysmic or potentially career altering back injury or the
temporary wrist problem. (mind you, if I could go back even just 18 years in my life, I'd love to get on the ice with Clutterfucker and :twisted: )
Sorry, rambling, old guys do that. Get Brock signed, he's a quality player and leader.

I do wonder why the damned laid back attitude on his contract negotiations though; Suspense? Everything has to be a Soap, :look:
FFS; There's enough other team questions, no?
"evolution"