Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:44 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:18 pm Stecher
Imagine if they did that to Sutter or Beagle or Roussel or Eriksson. You’d be crushed. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:18 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:10 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:09 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:00 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:53 pm Much like last expansion draft I don’t see Vancouver losing a good skater.
Maybe just someone like Motte or Lind?
The last time folks were stressed about losing Markus Granlund :lol:
Or Brendan Gonch
Doc’s words: “Id hate to lose young Gaunce” :lol:
Ole Doyle, always trying to rewrite history.

How many times has he said people here were "stressed" or "losing their shit" about losing a player in the Vegas X-draft?

I tell ya, Doyle lies like a sheet of ice!

3.5 years ago:
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 4:02 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Pretty sure Granlund and Gudbranson will be protected.

I know I'm in the minority on this one... but I don't want to lose young Gaunce.

I can see him developing into a solid 3rd line centre eventually.
If you don't want to lose cheap, young and improving Gaunce there's a certain 3rd line centre / winger who gets forcefed icetime , is extremely soft and razor thin , overpaid but has a famous last name that could easily be made available. I wonder if Vegas would have any interest in him? :eh:
:D

I'd rather lose Gaunce!
We all knew it was going to be one of Sbisa, Gaunce, or Granlund.

Just because we talked about which one of those 3 it would be doesn't mean anyone gave a fart.

Losing one of those guys was like losing Stecher today (to all but Doyle and Mick).

Oh sure, some talked about making Sbisa captain just to drive Blob-Doyle nuttier. :mrgreen:

Personally I thought we'd be better off keeping the youngest of the bunch, but hey, no biggie.

But Doylie will be back next week with another tall tale about the Vegas Expansion Draft of 2017.

Sad!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:35 pm
Imagine if they did that to Sutter or Beagle or Roussel or Eriksson. You’d be crushed. :lol:
Yeahno, no fan in history has been as much in love with a player as you are with Troy Stecher...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“I’d hate to lose young Gaunce” :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

‘They better not draft Pettersson or some more of us might go over to the dark side’

:lol:
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:40 pm
Jeff Paterson @patersonjeff
Tyler Myers is apparently taking on the Tanev 'dad' role. Virtanen works out with him every morning in Kelowna: 'he treats me like his son'
So Jake is finding mowing Tyler’s lawn and washing Tyler’s truck to be a workout?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:30 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:07 pm That contract structure helps the owner out a bit too for a year or so.

What’s this got to do with the owner?? He pays the same in the end.
Every contract I have seen signed this off season has been weighted like that. It's the going thing...
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:29 pm Virtanen's deal is pretty fair for both parties. If Benning can sign a decent veteran RHD on a short term deal I'd say he's had a very good off season.
Assuming LTIR for Ferland, a safe bet at this stage, there could still be room to squeeze in a Leivo and a Fantenburg, or their equivalent. I would let the prospective depth guys still looking for work to sweat it out a little longer and drive a really hard bargain if I were making the big Benning bucks.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:55 pm
Poor lil trojan didn't even make it over the Ambassador Bridge into the Motor City
That's because your chin has to be above the toll booth concession window ledge to cross.
el rey del mambo
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 am Yes! Peters' revenge on the Flames is turning Tryamkin into a reliable, physical defensive dman. Let's hope. Would be interesting to see Tkachuk and Tryamkin developing a hate-on for each other.
Man, Tryamkin would toss Tkachuk around like a rag doll. :P
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:57 am Nice job Benning.
I think he would have gotten around 3m if it had gone to arbitration.
Nice to see Jake sign a team friendly contract. I too thought he would get $3M just like McCann. Deep inside, I think Jake likes playing for his hometown and wants to be a part of this team, so he settled. I'd take him over Toffi @ $4M and Brock @ $6M any day. Sounds like he's working out with Myers in Kelowna, which is great. Get out of town and away from the distractions to focus on being in top shape. Jake seems like the little bro on the team, even though he has been around for a few years now. Sometimes he seems a bit hesitant, like he feels he's afraid to make a mistake or that he's just one of the supporting guys. I think that will change with confidence and maturity, once he realizes what he can do.

Sure, he could have played better in the playoffs, but so could a lot of other guys. He wasn't bad by any means. I expect him to continue to take baby steps as we got some good vets like JT, Myers and Beags to guide him along. I think he'll continue to grow as a player and he'll reward mgmt, the franchise and fans with a big year sooner than later. :D
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 pm. I'd take him over Toffi @ $4M and Brock @ $6M any day.
:wow:

Jake is pretty close to a waiver wire level player while the other 2 were top line wingers on a contender. Not sure about your reasoning on that one

Oh and before Doyle rocks up and whips his depends undergarment at me over calling the canucks a contender...when you KO the champs then follow it up by pushing the top seed in your conference to 7 you are now a contender
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:25 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 pm. I'd take him over Toffi @ $4M and Brock @ $6M any day.
:wow:

Jake is pretty close to a waiver wire level player while the other 2 were top line wingers on a contender. Not sure about your reasoning on that one

Oh and before Doyle rocks up and whips his depends undergarment at me over calling the canucks a contender...when you KO the champs then follow it up by pushing the top seed in your conference to 7 you are now a contender
BDubs the Nucks will be contenders for ref next decade. Petey and Hughes are superstars plus we got a good young core built around them in every position with a good mix of solid veteran leadership. Doyle better hop on the Benning Train now to avoid any further embarrassment to his questionable reputation
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hes hammering on about the significance of the bottom pairing depth but when we challenge him on Stetcher being so shitty he falls back on how little TS had to do with the success/failings of the team.

So which is it Doylie?

:o
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doyle has never wavered as a fan. This team is competitive and they are a contender..... for a playoff spot. But they are not a real contender yet. They have the nucleus which is the important part. Two elite D men, 4 core forwards and a promise young goalie. They need to drain the swamp over the next two years and fill the roster out with quality youngsters and good depth.