Post season wrap up.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Picker of Cherries
CC Veteran

Re: Post season wrap up.

Post by Picker of Cherries »

The Canucks get by the Oilers with Tanev instead of Cole. The Canucks didn’t go in enough IMHO.
“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.”
- President Merkin Muffley
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I think if we cashed in one of those fucking powerplays in either 6 or 7 we win. It was that tight
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Picker of Cherries wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:12 pm The Canucks get by the Oilers with Tanev instead of Cole. The Canucks didn’t go in enough IMHO.
Cap space is a thing. A healthy Peter and Demko and we win.

Silovs was .898 save pctg. Peter was playing on one twig. Were you blow drying your hair in the Barbie camper?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Well, that's a wrap to one of the most enjoyable seasons I can recall. Good commentary from the 18 members here after the post-op.

For me, the interesting thing will be how different the team looks next season. I doubt it will have the same point totals, but should definitely continue being a playoff team. The pressing issue is somehow keeping the depth of the defence while overhauling and improving the forward depth... which was a massive sore spot as we all saw.

How will mgmt pull this off with raises kicking in, possible re-signs and OE(Hel)L eating up a good chunk?

Next season is definitely the one :D

Have a great summer, everyone :thumbs:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:42 pm
Picker of Cherries wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:12 pm The Canucks get by the Oilers with Tanev instead of Cole. The Canucks didn’t go in enough IMHO.

Silovs was .898 save pctg. Peter was playing on one twig. Were you blow drying your hair in the Barbie camper?
Blob they were running on fumes heck of a season but alas it wasn't meant to be... Watching from afar How bout that Evan Bouchard 8-) I know I spent Years on this site trying to educate this kid is gonna be a perennial 80+ point guy... I know Pacific Blue the resident scout & Milan Gajic Truther of the site begged to differ.. This management team needs to be ruthless ala Vegas.. Out of all the contracts that are up I don't watch as closely as I once did But can someone explain Dakota Joshua and how people are fawning all over him.... I know my good Buddy Doc Strangelove luvs him for the simple fact he was Drafted by THE TORONTO..MAPLE.. LEAF... As Doc is want to do, considering his Love for the TORONTO...MAPLE..LEAF... I like the Player ultimately i think he gets done but he is down the list of guys that need to be signed as far as I am concerned... 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The fan love for Dakota no different than the usual Van Fan love of the underdog except in this rarest of cases, the subject is over 5"4" tall. Notice how the other fan fave underdog, CoHog, withered and died come playoffs.

Speaking of TO, note their fans are calling on $3mil for Knies while Van Fans are thinking someone may pay that for UFA Dakota. LOL.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:47 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:04 pm
Cornuck wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:32 pm I guess another question is - was it worth 'renting Hronek and (maybe) Zadorov to make a bigger push for the playoffs? Was the experience for the core worth losing some picks?
I’m undecided on that. I felt we weren’t ready in the curve to make those kinds of moves but I did enjoy the post season!
It didn't just buy experience for the core group.

It rejuvenated the relationship between this City and its team.

Invaluable...

Priceless....
and put seven home playoff games of revenue in the cranberry fields of dreams

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:42 pm.

Silovs was .898 save pctg.
Due to my affinity for wide open spaces and fine cuts of beef, I have to suffer the coiler perspective out here and about halfway through the series the coach for the coil noted that silovs struggles looking through traffic and that long corner pickers could be a difference moving forward. He targeted that angle and that was the difference.

The coilers ended up with a damn good coach...fuck. Where's the androgynous woodboogercock when you need him
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:27 am The coilers ended up with a damn good coach...fuck. Where's the androgynous woodboogercock when you need him
After being schooled by Ricky in game five, he took Tochy Hockey out behind the woodshed for the final two games of the series.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

olpaddy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:41 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:42 pm

Blob they were running on fumes heck of a season but alas it wasn't meant to be... Watching from afar How bout that Evan Bouchard 8-) I know I spent Years on this site trying to educate this kid is gonna be a perennial 80+ point guy... I know Pacific Blue the resident scout & Milan Gajic Truther of the site begged to differ.. This management team needs to be ruthless ala Vegas.. Out of all the contracts that are up I don't watch as closely as I once did But can someone explain Dakota Joshua and how people are fawning all over him.... I know my good Buddy Doc Strangelove luvs him for the simple fact he was Drafted by THE TORONTO..MAPLE.. LEAF... As Doc is want to do, considering his Love for the TORONTO...MAPLE..LEAF... I like the Player ultimately i think he gets done but he is down the list of guys that need to be signed as far as I am concerned... 8-)
He returns from the ashes - the man, the myth, the legend…I’d bring up Mitch Marner’s inability to handle the rigors of post season 8 years in a row but I imagine that to be a sensitive issue right now. But I will say this, Nylander calling out Marner on the bench for his junior league level tantrum was a highlight this year. I miss ya paddy, wish you’d post more you’d be a good distraction for Blob, he’s stuck on Elmer. Chef has moved on from Gillis and is analyzing the current regime. Time will tell, but the next season or two will give us a good Indication if they are legit or not or just another puppet for the owners. Hughes is a good player but ultra concerning how he lost his swagger after the Nashville series. Watching Heiskenen now and he’s no Heiskenen “at the moment”, same with Makar, these two are post season warriors, I sure hope Quinn don’t have Marners post season blues. Everyone is dog piling on Tendinitis Petey but Hughes IMO deserves more criticism. Bouchard definitely impressed the Chef, but he’s not dynamic like your Hughes, Heiskenen and Makars, more stationary but in a good way, he doesn’t lift you out of your seat like the other three, he’s more Larry Murphy than exciting. I too wasn’t impressed with Joshua, Cliff Garlund makes him look good, needs to move his feet more and use the body more and be more of an asshole. I like him only because “apparently” we need more assholes. Overpaying him could come back to haunt whoever does. Nice hearing from ya old friend. Your Deep Cove neighbor- Donny Leves is non too pleased with the Chef regarding a former GM, but ive improved vastly on bringing him up less n less, but I just wish Blobbee would stop mentioning Elmer, it brings the site down. We all need to put the past behind and focus on the terrible contract that Mikheyev is.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:29 pm
Raile wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:45 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:42 pm

And personally I believe they will find a way to re-sign Zads.
I liked Zads response to who's its saying he might have priced himself out of Van. Zads basically said he loves it here, his kids love it here, and the media has no idea how much he should be paid
Don’t forget, he wanted out of Calgary because they didn’t make any overtures. Once he got here he said term is most important. He wants stability for his family. So I can see him taking a shave and a haircut for longer term and perhaps better trade protection.
Yeah I think Doc said the same thing elsewhere. I hope you're both right! It'll suck to lose him.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Raile wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:54 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:29 pm
Raile wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:45 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:42 pm

And personally I believe they will find a way to re-sign Zads.
I liked Zads response to who's its saying he might have priced himself out of Van. Zads basically said he loves it here, his kids love it here, and the media has no idea how much he should be paid
Don’t forget, he wanted out of Calgary because they didn’t make any overtures. Once he got here he said term is most important. He wants stability for his family. So I can see him taking a shave and a haircut for longer term and perhaps better trade protection.
Yeah I think Doc said the same thing elsewhere. I hope you're both right! It'll suck to lose him.
If his family wants to stay in Vancouver a long term NTC contract could be the key. :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:15 am The fan love for Dakota no different than the usual Van Fan love of the underdog except in this rarest of cases, the subject is over 5"4" tall. Notice how the other fan fave underdog, CoHog, withered and died come playoffs.

Speaking of TO, note their fans are calling on $3mil for Knies while Van Fans are thinking someone may pay that for UFA Dakota. LOL.
Hoglander gets paid peanuts. The KID has lots to learn. Still good bang for the buck like most of the contracts Allvin signs. Dakota will absolutely get 3 million per if h hits the open market. That’s Beagle/Roussel money. He can call himself a culture carrier. I’m ambivalent if he comes back. They do need size and toughness. I wish he was a bit angrier. I want the Russian back first and foremost.

Did anyone else like the death stare and salty response Hronek gave to the scumbag Jeff Patterson? That sawed off little shit is going to get his media credentials yanked again if he doesn’t stay in his own lane.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:40 pm
Topper wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:15 am The fan love for Dakota no different than the usual Van Fan love of the underdog except in this rarest of cases, the subject is over 5"4" tall. Notice how the other fan fave underdog, CoHog, withered and died come playoffs.

Hoglander gets paid peanuts. The KID has lots to learn. Still good bang for the buck like most of the contracts Allvin signs. Dakota will absolutely get 3 million per if h hits the open market. That’s Beagle/Roussel money. He can call himself a culture carrier. I’m ambivalent if he comes back. They do need size and toughness. I wish he was a bit angrier. I want the Russian back first and foremost.

Did anyone else like the death stare and salty response Hronek gave to the scumbag Jeff Patterson? That sawed off little shit is going to get his media credentials yanked again if he doesn’t stay in his own lane.
What did Patterson ask him?
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:40 pm
I'm no Patterson fan, but Hronek dug his own grave there.