Post season wrap up.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Post season wrap up.

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:16 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:10 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:06 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:01 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:42 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:40 pm We exceeded the pre season betting line by 26 points and then pushed to game seven round two.

I'm beyond satisfied with that. Tocchet gets a well deserved coach of the year award.

Back at er next year :)
Same here, the off season will be huge again as they have some big decisions to make. I do predict to hear that QH was hurt as he just didnt look good. I hope to see Hronek moved if they can get Joshua and Zadorov back. The biggest ask in the off season is someone to play with EP.
Fuck that. The biggest off-season ask is to trade EP for a player (or future player) who can score more than 1 goal in 13 games.
Mëds. Just stop with the Petey hate, lol. Dude get over it, lol. It’s worse than the Chefs hate for Gillis.
I’m not wrong. Mark my words. This team will continually be disappointed in the playoffs with this player.
You’ve lost me here Bro, he’s not the problem. He cares. They lack depth and experience bottom line
1 goal in 13 games.

Nothing more to see.

They will disappoint in the playoffs because they are paying him $3M more than he deserves and can’t afford a Necas.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 pm Apparently Pettersson has been dealing with some kind of injury for 3 months now. Not sure how accurate this is
That’s bullshit. If he was hurt 3 months ago then you fucking sit him out because you need what he’s SUPPOSED to bring come the post season.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 pm Come on down we're having a blast :D

https://x.com/FCKErikinho/status/1792765193854050327
Idiots. The police should be given the green light to burn through some ammunition.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:39 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 pm Apparently Pettersson has been dealing with some kind of injury for 3 months now. Not sure how accurate this is
That’s bullshit. If he was hurt 3 months ago then you fucking sit him out because you need what he’s SUPPOSED to bring come the post season.
If true, yep. He wasn't doing much jn reg season.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Heard it might be a sciatic nerve so more of a nagging injury he’s trying to play through. More to come
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:06 pm Mëds. Just stop with the Petey hate, lol. Dude get over it, lol. It’s worse than the Chefs hate for Gillis.
:lol:
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Great to see most of you backing away from the ledge in this thread.

The Canucks exceeded all* pre-season expectations, so I think you have to call it a successful season and playoffs.

One positive heading into next season that I don't think anyone else has mentioned is that if Silovs really is that good (as opposed to playing out of his mind in a playoff hotstreak, as we have seen some Canucks goalies do in the past), then the Canucks can afford to start him for 30-35 games, which will improve the chances that Demko is healthy and in peak form heading into next season's playoffs.

* Well, not Doc's. He predicted that they would win the Cup this year, same as always.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:00 pm Exceeding expectations may have given management a false picture of where this team is truly at and the work that still needs to be done. I am very intrigued by this management groups off season, I hope, with fingers crossed, they won’t make the wrong assessments we have seen over and over and over again with previous managements that is the reason why this 54 year old Sad Club franchise has never won a Stanley Cup. Just once, just once I would like to see a Canuck mgmt group make the right decisions instead of the same old premature ejaculations we’ve been subjected too for 54 years. I wait with bated breath.
13 playoff games were fun considering the neanderthal that drove the bus for the team for a decade.

Onward and upward.

Can you not enjoy anything?

They did their best. This team was a joke for so long
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What’s bullshit?

Meds107
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:32 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:00 pm Exceeding expectations may have given management a false picture of where this team is truly at and the work that still needs to be done. I am very intrigued by this management groups off season, I hope, with fingers crossed, they won’t make the wrong assessments we have seen over and over and over again with previous managements that is the reason why this 54 year old Sad Club franchise has never won a Stanley Cup. Just once, just once I would like to see a Canuck mgmt group make the right decisions instead of the same old premature ejaculations we’ve been subjected too for 54 years. I wait with bated breath.
13 playoff games were fun considering the neanderthal that drove the bus for the team for a decade.

Onward and upward.

Can you not enjoy anything?

They did their best. This team was a joke for so long
I am hopeful they will make the right decisions. The roster needs more horses, we are not ready for the short term rental scene. Depth is an issue, too many stone hands and lunky skaters. The playoffs we just experienced should give baldy and the old fart a clear understanding where this team is at and what we need to get there. I enjoyed the sesson and the playoffs but I’m getting old and I’m tired of the Canucks being a long time Sad Club member, just make the right decisions with the Cup in mind and not just to have a team that won’t get us out of the Western Conference but only line Francesco’s pockets with some playoff money to make him happy.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I will probably anger the peaceful tranquility of CC old age home with this but the C was handed to the wrong guy . Miller is the captain and spiritual leader by and large. No offence to Hughes but his body language in the Edmonton series had the same pouty vibes Petey struggled with at times but started eradicate towards the end. I hope these two young Emo whipper snappers learned from the experience. Hughes has a few things to correct if he wants to be mentioned in the same sentence as Heiskenen and Makar, gamemanship being one of them. Can he be as good? Of course he can. He has hopefully learned something ftom this. You got to fail first to know what it takes to win.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They did the best they could with what they had Dude.

I wish they’d have gotten curb stomped by the Stars too. Elmer left some good players and a fuck show of no prospects and a cap mess.

When do you cheer for the sweater buds?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:02 am They did the best they could with what they had Dude.
No argument there buds.

Macchenzzi, you’re still obsessing on Benning. Free yourself and move on.

BTW, your thoughts on Garland in these playoffs? What a warrior!!! Myers was impressive as well, he stepped up. Your boi Cole was a disaster, Soucey had his moments as well. Hronek was a major disappointment at times and was a mere shadow of the player we saw in the first half of the season. What are you paying this cat if you are the baldy newt - Allvin?
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

Well, it was a fun season with far more good than bad.

On the one hand I liked the move to reward this group with some reinforcements because they were fantastic October to February, at the same time we don't have picks or prospects to spare and that's where the solutions to the problems that were still evident need to come from.

Hard to know how to assess Petterson and Hronek in these playoffs without access to their medical files, but if there's nothing there I hope the team is ready to either build a plan to address the issues at the root of their struggles or move them on.

I also hope Allvin is in the ear of every rebuilding GM in need of solid NHL Players singing the praises of Ilya Mikheyev, the guy can skate and defend and isn't a pushover but he's the biggest cap problem on this team (assuming whatever is happening with Petterson is an aberration).

Hopefully the team can get Silovs signed to a 2-3 year deal and he's happy making an NHL salary playing understudy to Demko for now, he looks like a real one.