Post season wrap up.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post season wrap up.

Post by Cornuck »

:shock: OK, so we didn't go all the way....

Helluva a season. Thoughts?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Post season wrap up.

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

We exceeded the pre season betting line by 26 points and then pushed to game seven round two.

I'm beyond satisfied with that. Tocchet gets a well deserved coach of the year award.

Back at er next year :)
el rey del mambo
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:40 pm We exceeded the pre season betting line by 26 points and then pushed to game seven round two.

I'm beyond satisfied with that. Tocchet gets a well deserved coach of the year award.

Same here, the off season will be huge again as they have some big decisions to make. I do predict to hear that QH was hurt as he just didnt look good. I hope to see Hronek moved if they can get Joshua and Zadorov back. The biggest ask in the off season is someone to play with EP.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

^ Agreed.

Last year, management made some moves late in the year to fill in the roster. Little did we know then, they were instrumental.

I look forward to what they do do this year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Exceeding expectations may have given management a false picture of where this team is truly at and the work that still needs to be done. I am very intrigued by this management groups off season, I hope, with fingers crossed, they won’t make the wrong assessments we have seen over and over and over again with previous managements that is the reason why this 54 year old Sad Club franchise has never won a Stanley Cup. Just once, just once I would like to see a Canuck mgmt group make the right decisions instead of the same old premature ejaculations we’ve been subjected too for 54 years. I wait with bated breath.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:42 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:40 pm We exceeded the pre season betting line by 26 points and then pushed to game seven round two.

Same here, the off season will be huge again as they have some big decisions to make. I do predict to hear that QH was hurt as he just didnt look good. I hope to see Hronek moved if they can get Joshua and Zadorov back. The biggest ask in the off season is someone to play with EP.
Fuck that. The biggest off-season ask is to trade EP for a player (or future player) who can score more than 1 goal in 13 games.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2Fingers wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:42 pm The biggest ask in the off season is someone to play with EP.
This to me is priority one. And I’d be looking at Necas as the Hurricanes are in a pickle with this guy and some of the contracts they have to deal with this summer. He’s an RFA like Hronek. Half the Canes D is hitting the open market this summer. Hronek for Necas solves problems for both teams.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:01 pm

Fuck that. The biggest off-season ask is to trade EP for a player (or future player) who can score more than 1 goal in 13 games.
Mëds. Just stop with the Petey hate, lol. Dude get over it, lol. It’s worse than the Chefs hate for Gillis.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:06 pm

Mëds. Just stop with the Petey hate, lol. Dude get over it, lol. It’s worse than the Chefs hate for Gillis.
I’m not wrong. Mark my words. This team will continually be disappointed in the playoffs with this player.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:04 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:42 pm The biggest ask in the off season is someone to play with EP.
This to me is priority one. And I’d be looking at Necas as the Hurricanes are in a pickle with this guy and some of the contracts they have to deal with this summer. He’s an RFA like Hronek. Half the Canes D is hitting the open market this summer. Hronek for Necas solves problems for both teams.
If you’re keeping the bean pile you need someone who compliments that. You need a Bertuzzi. Necas is another bean pole.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:10 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:06 pm

I’m not wrong. Mark my words. This team will continually be disappointed in the playoffs with this player.
You’ve lost me here Bro, he’s not the problem. He cares. They lack depth and experience bottom line
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:04 pm
If you’re keeping the bean pile you need someone who compliments that. You need a Bertuzzi. Necas is another bean pole.
Necas is 6’-2” 190 lbs FFS :lol: and skates like the wind and comes to play post season. Did you even watch the Hurricanes this post season. He checks all the boxes regarding getting Petey a winger. A knuckle dragger will do fuck all for Petey
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

definitely need to upgrade top 6 wingers

can't have these granlunds and stone hands living their dreams of playing as top6 in the league

Pettersson needs to hire a shrink and a str coach
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently Pettersson has been dealing with some kind of injury for 3 months now. Not sure how accurate this is
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo