Media (AKA Idiots) Rebooted

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Media (AKA Idiots) Rebooted

Post by Hockey Widow »

Longtime TSN broadcaster Darren Dutchyshen has died, the network announced Thursday. He was 57. Prostrate cancer. I liked him. RIP
The only HW the Canucks need
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:59 pm “Quads” is on with Edmonton media. He’s gotta be 16 by now. Fuck I made a mistake of watching the Donnie and Dhali podcast. I have no time for Don Taylor’s but Dhaliwal has the jumped the shark. He does all this chanting and screaming. Is he the Brown Don Cherry now with zero experience in the game? The guy is a fucking idjit. Less is more!
I watch the podcast occasionally. I think Dhali's role is "everyone has a lunkhead friend."
Hono_rary Canadian
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:59 pm “Quads” is on with Edmonton media. He’s gotta be 16 by now. Fuck I made a mistake of watching the Donnie and Dhali podcast. I have no time for Don Taylor’s but Dhaliwal has the jumped the shark. He does all this chanting and screaming. Is he the Brown Don Cherry now with zero experience in the game? The guy is a fucking idjit. Less is more!
Quads is in highschool?!?! Thought he was younger.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

UWSaint wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:04 am
I watch the podcast occasionally. I think Dhali's role is "everyone has a lunkhead friend."
It’s a tough racket for sports media guys in the new world. It’s a dead industry, no money in it. The glory days are over. Social media has changed the game. Every Joe Blow from Idaho is an expert/insider now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:10 pm When did Dhaliwal start talking hockey? I always thought he was a totally irrelevant media guy talking about the Lions... a dumber version of Farhan Lalji.
He's been around in the background producing shows like Don Taylor's Sports Grill back in 2000-2001 for longer than you realize. I would say Dhali has been around for at least thirty years but has become more prominent in the market in the last ten or so. He does dig up a lot of scoops.

I don't know if anyone remembers the Sports Grill - it basically replaced Dan Russell's show the year he was let go by CKNW and the year prior to TEAM 1040 going on air - but the news segment was called The Taylor-Dhaliwal Report (with Taylor and Dhaliwal) and it was basically a precursor of what you're seeing now in the Donnie & Dhali show on CHEK tv.
el rey del mambo
MJN
AHL Prospect

Post by MJN »

Believing your audience are idiots and catering to that belief keeps me away from local media.
If you build it, they will come.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://x.com/3SonsAndNoTime/status/1797703886243090591

https://x.com/DonnieandDhali/status/1798046036486991977

Apparently a pack of wild Nuckers on twitter have caused Oil's Luke Gazdic to completely melt down.

No more broadcast career for you... NEXT!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ha love it. Luke Coilerszic107 can film the Canucks planes landing and taking off but no more national panel for you to glower about Luke Coilerszic107
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:10 pm Ha love it. Luke Coilerszic107 can film the Canucks planes landing and taking off but no more national panel for you to glower about Luke Coilerszic107
Yup, he's revealed himself as a thin-skinned homer numbskull and will never hear the end of it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Shit. I missed a golden chance, musta been burnt hard

Luke Coilerzdic107 is far more accurate
If you need air...call it in
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

He's the skinny bearded fuck?
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:00 am He's the skinny bearded fuck?
Yes, here's a shot of him during the meltdown:

Some folks should just stay off the internet amirite?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Guessing Bieksa roasts him with a short sharp shaft.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:50 pm
donlever wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:00 am He's the skinny bearded fuck?
Yes, here's a shot of him during the meltdown:

Some folks should just stay off the internet amirite?
..does he cook?
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Luke dropped from the panel, will do post game on Edm home games for SP Central.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.