2021 Off-Season Predictions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What do you think will happen this summer? (not what you want to happen)

Poll ended at Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:11 pm

The Aquilini Family will sell the team.
No votes
Jim Benning and Travis Green will be shown the door.
7%
Benning goes but Travis Green will be resigned.
4%
Benning stays but Green is not resigned.
52%
Aquilini, Benning and Green will all be back.
37%

Total votes: 27

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2021 Off-Season Predictions

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:10 pm Some folks think that some players may already have spoken up a bit and that has been the catalyst for a potential change. I guess we’ll find out later this week.
Is this supposedly regarding Benning or coaching?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:29 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:10 pm Some folks think that some players may already have spoken up a bit and that has been the catalyst for a potential change. I guess we’ll find out later this week.
I hear players weren’t impressed that Travis had to take the questions regarding Jake or that Miller had to speak up regarding the return to play.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:38 pm
I hear players weren’t impressed that Travis had to take the questions regarding Jake or that Miller had to speak up regarding the return to play.
Ok. I agree thats pretty weak leadership and would stir up some vets.

Hey at least it wont be boring around canuckland while everyone else plays meaningful hockey
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Where are you hearing this?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:41 pm
Ok. I agree thats pretty weak leadership and would stir up some vets.

Hey at least it wont be boring around canuckland while everyone else plays meaningful hockey
That’s what I’m saying. Something is going down this week. And chances are some posters that are more Benning fans than they are Canucks fans are going to be be pretty upset.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:48 pm
The talking heads on 650 -they heard it from Patrick Johnson
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:48 pm That’s what I’m saying. Something is going down this week. And chances are some posters that are more Benning fans than they are Canucks fans are going to be be pretty upset.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure Vinny, sure...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:49 pm
I don't remember Travis taking any questions on Jake.

He just deferred to the statement issued by management.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:49 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:48 pm That’s what I’m saying. Something is going down this week. And chances are some posters that are more Benning fans than they are Canucks fans are going to be be pretty upset.

Sure Vinny, sure...
I dunno Doc. Regardless of which side a person is on in this here debate, I think we both could agree that there is going to be some sort of fireworks going on later this week in Canucks land. Whether it’s a new prez coming in, Elmer getting punted or management being beefed up, something is going on.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:21 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:49 pm

Sure Vinny, sure...
I dunno Doc. Regardless of which side a person is on in this here debate, I think we both could agree that there is going to be some sort of fireworks going on later this week in Canucks land. Whether it’s a new prez coming in, Elmer getting punted or management being beefed up, something is going on.
Yeah it's a good point in this franchises protectory to tweak/retool to right the ship as the young stars, Petey & Hughes negotiate and start their 2nd contracts for 2021/22, Demko's is already done.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:21 pm Elmer getting punted
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:01 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:51 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:43 pm So we are going back to situation similar to when Linden was here. The Aqualini’s are bafoons.
The trouble with Trev was he was given the prestigious title to be a figurehead

... but then it went to his head.

In my always humble opinion.
I think you’re right. He wasn’t much of any substance and knowing the Aqualini’s they ran the numbers and saw that they could clearly do without him.

I honestly think the Aquas are managing the team and Jim is what the La Cosa Nostra refers to as a “Front Boss”. Made to look like the boss to deflect the feds away from who really is the boss. A Dupe persey. Dupe’s are notorious in the stock market. Stock promoters set up Dupe accounts with firms and manipulate stock and evade taxes by trading through an account belonging to a dupe, the Dupes are given a small percentage. The Dupes are usually the drunks, the drug addicts, the desperate
Great post Chef, as most know I have long believed that Big Frank is the real director of the hockey operation with Jimmy serving as trusted advisor running the draft (except in the case of Virtanen - that was Mr Aquilini's call) and flak catching figurehead but I did not realize the deep Italian mafia roots of this kind of management structure until know. I'm grateful for your sharing of your expertise in this important area of the operation, it sheds further light on the murky goings on inside the belly of the beast. I'm find myself feeling like less of a voice in the wilderness seemingly with every passing day as others like yourself and Vin Tanner are awakened willing to spread the word. Was gratified to see Krutov over at the old site is now speaking truth on this ugly secret these days as well. The word is getting out
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:32 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:43 pm So we are going back to situation similar to when Linden was here. The Aqualini’s are bafoons.

I think you’re right. He wasn’t much of any substance and knowing the Aqualini’s they ran the numbers and saw that they could clearly do without him.

I honestly think the Aquas are managing the team and Jim is what the La Cosa Nostra refers to as a “Front Boss”. Made to look like the boss to deflect the feds away from who really is the boss. A Dupe persey. Dupe’s are notorious in the stock market. Stock promoters set up Dupe accounts with firms and manipulate stock and evade taxes by trading through an account belonging to a dupe, the Dupes are given a small percentage. The Dupes are usually the drunks, the drug addicts, the desperate
Great post Chef, as most know I have long believed that Big Frank is the real director of the hockey operation with Jimmy serving as trusted advisor running the draft (except in the case of Virtanen - that was Mr Aquilini's call) and flak catching figurehead but I did not realize the deep Italian mafia roots of this kind of management structure until know. I'm grateful for your sharing of your expertise in this important area of the operation, it sheds further light on the murky goings on inside the belly of the beast. I'm find myself feeling like less of a voice in the wilderness seemingly with every passing day as others like yourself and Vin Tanner are awakened willing to spread the word. Was gratified to see Krutov over at the old site is now speaking truth on this ugly secret these days as well. The word is getting out
So you, chef, and Blobbie are Woke now? :D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:38 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:32 pm

So you, chef, and Blobbie are Woke now? :D
Yep.

And Krutov'sdonut too. We can't forget him ;)
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:49 pm
I also heard that Jim proposed a plan to sign Toffoli, buyout Sutter and move out other contracts but the Aqualini’s said no. Doyle, open your eyes, it’s not all Bennings doing ffs. The Aqualini’s didn’t want to spend a dime this year. They’ve set Jim up to fail, he’s their fall guy. The owners are a problem, they are vicious, they became a problem for Gillis like they became for Nonis.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau