Worst Season Ever?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Worst Season Ever?

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There’s rumours going around that Dipietro stayed in Vancouver because Elmo got bullied by the Blues GM who wanted their goalies to play. It certainly was an odd decision.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:02 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 pm Well I’ve decided I’m going to lay what ails this team right at the feet of ownership.

Aqualinguini is a meddler and a cheap cunt. If orca bay and that Microsoft prick were absentee landlords then Aqualinguini is the Superfan opposite.

Additionally, he’s a small time owner by comparison to other more corporate owners and needs the profit the Canucks generate to balance his books.

Somebody ought to hire an even bigger airplane to pull a “Please Sell” sign around Burrard Inlet
Now I am not a fan of the water boy but calling him cheap is a laugh. He has been willing to spend to the cap and beyond each and every year. He has been on board with buy outs. He has put money into an AHL team. He has let Benning spend in FA like a mad dog. Cheap is not a word one can use when talking about him.

Now maybe in his other businesses that could apply but I feel lucky we have had an owner with an open bank account. That has not been one of our problems.
logic has no place in my emotional response to this year. Somebody has to take the blame ;) I’ve decided it’s Aqualinguini
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:21 pm

‘they were looking good and back in a playoff spot before Covid hit’......? They were? :? They were 16-18-3 when they got shut down.
Who was ahead of them with games in hand - flames went into the toilet, and the Habs weren't picking up points as they burned through their 5 games in hand.

And seriously - 5 games in hand? Doesn't that kind of explain the whole point about unbalanced schedules?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ESQ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:11 pm

‘they were looking good and back in a playoff spot before Covid hit’......? They were? :? They were 16-18-3 when they got shut down.
Who was ahead of them with games in hand - flames went into the toilet, and the Habs weren't picking up points as they burned through their 5 games in hand.

And seriously - 5 games in hand? Doesn't that kind of explain the whole point about unbalanced schedules?
They had actually turned things around and were rolling. You arent wrong ESQ
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:11 pm

And the Canucks looked like shit for most of the year regardless of the Covid. They got throat pumped by Winnipeg in back to back games before the break. They were no threat to do much regardless me thinks. It’s a shitty team.

Games in hand only mean anything if you’re capable of winning them. Point is they weren’t in a playoff spot and Demko carried them back to the holy grail of .500 before the Jets slapped them around.

They weren’t playing well and they weren’t in a playoff spot. Sorry I ain’t buyin it. Petey or no Petey this team in its current structure is a bottom 10 team.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:30 pm
Games in hand only mean anything if you’re capable of winning them.
?
No shit. The Habs and Flames were the ones with games in hand, because the Canucks had played 3 and 5 more games than them. Hello? Buehler?

Or had you already stopped watching games by that point?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:58 pm
?
No shit. The Habs and Flames were the ones with games in hand, because the Canucks had played 3 and 5 more games than them. Hello? Buehler?

The Habs finished with 59 points, meaning Vancouver needed 60. You think they were going to rock and roll 6 games over. 500 over their last 19 games?

You’re as sharp as a beachball.

“they were looking good and back in a playoff spot”

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle why do you struggle with those who think positively?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:55 am Doyle why do you struggle with those who think positively?
The saucer sized bald spot must have affected him more than we thought
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:55 am Doyle why do you struggle with those who think positively?
Positivity when mixed with reality is a wonderful thing.

16-18-3 never was a playoff spot in the North Division. They weren’t playing well, that’s reality. They got carried by Demko on an unsustainable run to claw back to the magic land of fairytales and yard ornaments to .500. The smoke disappeared and the mirrors fell apart. They were who we thought they were. And the Jets didn’t let em off the hook. You wanna crown them, then crown their ass. But they were who the Jets thought they were.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:11 pm
ESQ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:58 pm
?

The Habs finished with 59 points, meaning Vancouver needed 60. You think they were going to rock and roll 6 games over. 500 over their last 19 games?

You’re as sharp as a beachball.

“they were looking good and back in a playoff spot”

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't even know why I'm debating you on this, since you're so clearly out to lunch, but let's try again:

The Habs are only in a playoff spot thanks to the huge number of SOLs. The Canucks would almost certainly have held the tiebreaker.

So going 13-6 over the last 19 to get to 59 points would have been doable, for a team that had gone 8-4-1 in March prior to the shutdown (including the "throatpumping" by Winnipeg.)

Particularly as the Habs then went 8-9 over April, not exactly what you want to do when you have games in hand - you do understand that concept, right?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sorry Sparky, that scabby team that won 16 of 37, sure as shit wasn’t winning 13 of 19.

Your positivity is adorable however.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

They lost two games to the Jets march 22 and 23. One was competitive one not so much but You can't write them off basing that as a template.
Then the plague (variant extra strong) came. Had that not happened, I think they would have eked in. I also think Pettersson would now be back playing.
"evolution"
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Micky wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:02 am They lost two games to the Jets march 22 and 23. One was competitive one not so much but You can't write them off basing that as a template.
Then the plague (variant extra strong) came. Had that not happened, I think they would have eked in. I also think Pettersson would now be back playing.
He was just shut down for the season, with questions about being ready to start next season - how does the team contracting Covid cause a wrist injury to get worse than it was?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

They had briefly flirted with .500 and were struggling to keep flirting just before Gaud inflicted the plague upon them, Who knows, they have have won the pathetic derby with the Habs and Flames and limped into the playoffs......but then Pettersson's wrist went limp as well.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.