Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

Some turmoil building up in Lightning land, the fans are starting to turn on Cooper, debates erupting over Bishop to keep or trade (keep as he's one of the best, but cap constraints).
Team has lost all motivation to work as a unit anymore, it runs completely on individual effort now either by Bish, Drouin, Kuch or Hedman there's no more 5 man unit

Cooper's system is a complete failure or he's lost the room.
I've said it before and I will say it again "entitlement" is the problem with this team. Cooper lives and dies with the same guys regardless of their play. This is mainly the same guys now for much to long, a comfort zone has settled in and Cooper will only afford real opportunity to "his" guys. Blind loyalty to a fault.
Seems like it's a good time for General Benning to talk trade with Tampa as Yzerman probably wants to save their season while Bishop is there, and next season they will lose at least a couple good players, as more players need new contracts.

They need a top 4 dman.

We need a LW with size, maybe a cheap bottom 6 dman, prospect?pick? Johnson?(the next Cliff Ronning) :mrgreen:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Travelling Jagrs...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Strangelove wrote:Image

Travelling Jagrs...

Anyone else think it's odd that some of the Jagrs are sharing urinals?!?? Crossing the streams a thing now??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Anyone else think it's odd that some of the Jagrs are sharing urinals?!?? Crossing the streams a thing now??
Most of them are from Alberta... might explain a couple of things.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:Anyone else think it's odd that some of the Jagrs are sharing urinals?!?? Crossing the streams a thing now??
Explains why they are standing so close to the urinals.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
Explains why they are standing so close to the urinals.
:lol:

Get in tight so you don't miss and get as much piss splash on your pants as possible!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Nothing like a good old trough though!
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by vic »

Talk everywhere that Claude Julien's days are numbered. Bruins just lost again today.

If he becomes available, should the Canucks pounce? The Islanders probably already have him on speed dial...He'll be scooped up quickly.

Sure Willie has the Canucks getting points and winning when they shouldn't, but I don't think many people would disagree that Julian is a far superior coach. If he's willing to rejoin Benning and have the chance to coach a young Bergeron and Chara (Horvat and Tryamkin) would he be a good fit?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:And the reason we got Brendan Morrison was because Lou tried to blacklist him, trash talk about him, all because Mo played hardball, or tired to, in negotiations.

Remember Lou, the guy that said no rookie ever gets the max contract bonuses? Lou, the guy ownership had to step in on to get Matthews signed. Ya, Lou.

He was a great GM. Built some great teams around Marty and that great D. But I think his time has past.

I always respected BB because he would promise a player not playing that he would try to trade him and if he couldn't he would waive him. And he would. He can/is an asshole but he is player loyal.
Peter Zezel says hi.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:Talk everywhere that Claude Julien's days are numbered. Bruins just lost again today.

If he becomes available, should the Canucks pounce? The Islanders probably already have him on speed dial...He'll be scooped up quickly.

Sure Willie has the Canucks getting points and winning when they shouldn't, but I don't think many people would disagree that Julian is a far superior coach. If he's willing to rejoin Benning and have the chance to coach a young Bergeron and Chara (Horvat and Tryamkin) would he be a good fit?
Julien or Gallant?

Personally I think Julien is a bit of a moron. He's probably one of the dumbest sounding coaches I've heard give an interview. I also think a chunk of his winning was highly dependent upon the Bruins ability to be physically intimidating and get away with murder on the ice.

Interesting thought regarding the "young Bergeron and Chara" though. Unfortunately I don't think the rest of this team's make-up fits the bill for him to be successful.
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by vic »

Mëds wrote:
vic wrote:Talk everywhere that Claude Julien's days are numbered. Bruins just lost again today.

Julien or Gallant?
If they were interested in Gallant, he would have been scooped up already.

Julien has the Benning connection.

As far as physicality, Canucks have Guds and Virtanen...CJ probably figures out how to get the best out of these two, plus Tryamkin.

If they want to make a change and Julien is at the top of their list, probably have to make the move if/when he becomes available.

If they are going to stick with Willie for the year, they probably look at Gallant and Crawford in the off season.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Brooklyn dropping Islanders from the Barclays' center :shock: , citing no money to be made from having them, 3rd worst attendance in the league.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -islanders

Now wonders where to move them after next season or two.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Somewhere where spectators can see the ice.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

from SN:

DiPietro unleashes ‘Greiss is Right’ shirt after Isles beat Habs

Islanders sign Thomas Greiss to three-year extension

Sportsnet Staff
January 30, 2017, 6:37 PM
The New York Islanders signed goaltender Thomas Greiss to a three-year contract extension on Monday.

Greiss has been the Islanders’ No. 1 goaltender for the majority of the season and was given the full reins after New York waived Jaroslav Halak on Dec. 30.

The 31-year-old Greiss is 14-7-3 in 25 games this season with a 2.25 goals-against average and .928 save percentage.

The German has been instrumental in the Islanders’ turn around of late, who have won four of their five games under interim head coach Doug Weight. New York fired longtime head coach Jack Capuano on Jan. 17.
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Jovocop »

The Preds just put Ribeiro on waivers. With a $3.5m cap hit ($1.3 actual salary left and UFA after this season), should the Canucks put a claim on him and send Chaput back to Utica? Since the Canucks are fighting for a playoffs spot, Ribeiro at age 36 is still a lot better than Chaput.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nash ... predators/