Hodgson awaking

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Hodgson awaking

Post by ClamRussel »

Nice to see Cody now up to 2nd in team scoring as he's coming on strong. Moose won 6-5 tonight w/ Cody landing a pair of goals and an assist.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Hodgson awaking

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Sensible fans knew it would take some time to get back to game speed. Some idiots thought he was a bust because he wasn't immidiately tearing up the AHL. Good to see he's starting to find his legs, hopefully he has a successful year down there and we can look forward to some solid production from a healthy youngster down the road.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I'm sure he'll get some spot duty up here throughout the year. Good to have enough depth that we don't have to rush kids like this, follow the Detroit model and stack your farm team w/ promising kids instead of journeymen who don't stand a chance. I don't see how Hodgson really fits in this year unless he was to take Hansen's spot on the 3rd line as a winger.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Now leading the Moose in scoring:
http://www.moosehockey.com/moosestats
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

You notice Cody has 9 points with 36 shots on goal while Schroeder has 6 points on 9 shots?

Both have 13 games, I think Jordan has to shoot more!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jovorock wrote:You notice Cody has 9 points with 36 shots on goal while Schroeder has 6 points on 9 shots?

Both have 13 games, I think Jordan has to shoot more!
It could also be that Cody is putting himself in a better position to shoot the puck. Hockey sense was always one of his greatest assets, and I imagine that is playing into this statistic.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I don't know about Schroeder (1 assist in the last 2 games) putting or not putting himself in a position to score....but Cody sure is, after scoring his 7th Friday night he went on to score two tonight and add an assist. After a ghastly start that had many panic-stricken/fear mongering bandwagon jumpers declaring him a bust Hodgson now has 13pts in 15 games. If he has a couple more weeks like this, like Raymond a few yrs ago, it won't be long before he gets his chance w/ the big club!
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Anyone else go see him play this weekend? I was there tonight, he got the game winner and then added his 10th for insurance late in the final frame. Looked solid all game, made some incredible passes and did some fine dangling @ full speed in a crowd. I wasn't at the Friday game but heard he was spectacular, was the 2nd star in a losing cause w/ 0 pts. Not easy to do in a road game to say the least; must have been one heck of a performance.