Grabner's injury "Severe"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Grabner's injury "Severe"

Post by Island Nucklehead »

It looks like the Top Gun line will be out of commission for a while, as the Province is reporting that Micheal Grabner's injury is "severe".

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Canuc ... story.html
The injury ravaged Vancouver Canucks got one forward back from injury — Kyle Wellwood from a broken toe — and lost rookie winger Michael Grabner to a severe ankle injury in the hallway warm-up before they took to the ice in a 3-0 victory over the Western Conference leading Colorado Avalanche.
"He hurt himself warming up and will be out for quite some time — it's undetermined," he said of Grabner's injury. "He flipped over on his ankle."
We should really start a pool to see who's next. This is pretty silly. Good news for Shirokov, I suppose... there's really nobody left to call up!
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Grabner's injury "Severe"

Post by Broda »

oh that just sucks... i have been big on this guy for a while now... and he finally gets his chance to see what he can do and looks good on the Top gun line with Kes and Raymond... damn this sucks... how bout the Salmon kings? anyone down there? I kid... but like you said Shiro should get a chance to play with those two now. I'm pretty confident he can start getting some points... ourlines are just brutal right now but i think he could fit in nicely with those two cause he is a shooter and skilled just as well.
Maybe things would get better if everyone on the corner would make a get well soon card for what.. the 8 or 9 players that are out...
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Hockey God of Injury doesn't like us...he must have gotten an endorsement from Burke. :(

I hope Daniel is back soon...*sighs*
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

Notice what Kesler said there: "We basically win by outworking teams..." That is an incredibly heartening thing to hear; compare it to what the Canucks, for all their talent, were like back in the mid-2000s. I'm still not a huge Kesler fan, but do respect him, and he's starting to really make his mark on the team.

You know, I'm really enjoying watching the games lately in spite of everything. It's a great chance to watch our prospects and depth players.

By the way, count me among those who really wanted Grabner to succeed, but were unsure if he'd pan out, especially after that pre-season. I guess we still don't know, but have reason to hope....
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

This is getting to the point where, it's just friggin hilarious.

Cracker Sopel plays on the Hawks, we lost to the Hawks last playoffs, now we get Cracker like injuries, related? :|

Next up : SOB gets stuck in an elevator and misses game.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Jelly wrote:
Next up : SOB gets stuck in an elevator and misses game.
And this is bad because...? :P
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Next up: Willie Mitchell will crash an exercise bike.
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

orts wrote:Notice what Kesler said there: "We basically win by outworking teams..." That is an incredibly heartening thing to hear; compare it to what the Canucks, for all their talent, were like back in the mid-2000s. I'm still not a huge Kesler fan, but do respect him, and he's starting to really make his mark on the team.
What's not to like about Kesler? The guy gives 100% every shift, has wheels, can score, defensively solid. I dont' get how anyone can't like Kesler.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

update on the injury. Apparently six weeks tsn is reaporting with a fractured ankle.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=297097

lame...
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Icebreaka wrote:
orts wrote:Notice what Kesler said there: "We basically win by outworking teams..." That is an incredibly heartening thing to hear; compare it to what the Canucks, for all their talent, were like back in the mid-2000s. I'm still not a huge Kesler fan, but do respect him, and he's starting to really make his mark on the team.
What's not to like about Kesler? The guy gives 100% every shift, has wheels, can score, defensively solid. I dont' get how anyone can't like Kesler.
I'm confused too. Kesler is the best player the Canucks have. That includes the goalie, too. Best thing about Kesler is that you can tell that he absolutely fricken hates losing. I like that.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

Icebreaka wrote:
I didn't say I didn't like or appreciate him, I just said I'm not a fan. I know what he's contributing (though I will say I think he's really only come into his own over the last year, since the advent of Sundin).

With a few exceptions (like Luongo, Iginla, Bure, Linden, the Sedins), I like my players a little less hyped, a little less well-rounded, and a little more weird, ideally with a touch of the underdog about them. I always loved players like Mogilny over Naslund, Ruutu over Bertuzzi, Gino Odjick over just about anybody. I have found it almost impossible to get excited about Cody Hodgson.

That's why I am a fan of O'Brien, Ehrhoff, Burrows, Wellwood, Rypien, Edler. Those kinds of people.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Sedins are pretty strange as well.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

orts wrote:
Icebreaka wrote:
I didn't say I didn't like or appreciate him, I just said I'm not a fan. I know what he's contributing (though I will say I think he's really only come into his own over the last year, since the advent of Sundin).

With a few exceptions (like Luongo, Iginla, Bure, Linden, the Sedins), I like my players a little less hyped, a little less well-rounded, and a little more weird, ideally with a touch of the underdog about them. I always loved players like Mogilny over Naslund, Ruutu over Bertuzzi, Gino Odjick over just about anybody. I have found it almost impossible to get excited about Cody Hodgson.

That's why I am a fan of O'Brien, Ehrhoff, Burrows, Wellwood, Rypien, Edler. Those kinds of people.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Sedins are pretty strange as well.
LOL here's to the crazy ones...

Williams I Am
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

orts wrote: With a few exceptions (like Luongo, Iginla, Bure, Linden, the Sedins), I like my players a little less hyped, a little less well-rounded, and a little more weird, ideally with a touch of the underdog about them. I always loved players like Mogilny over Naslund, Ruutu over Bertuzzi, Gino Odjick over just about anybody. I have found it almost impossible to get excited about Cody Hodgson.

Hodgson is definitely clean cut unweird from what I can tell. But I wouldn't call Kesler hyped, or even non-weird. To each his own, I suppose, but I like Kesler. I also always thought he was a bit of an underdog (maybe even a big underdog) because he was never projected to be more than a 3rd line center and most people around here were not happy with his play until last year (or maybe the year before). And many people thought Burke matching Clarke's offer was stupid.

I didn't think he was playing all that well at the beginning of the season, but he has been light's out lately.

On the subject of Grabner's injury, it is interesting that the official position was he hurt it during an ON ICE warmup while all the real information points to soccer warm up. (Not sure why they would try to spin it, but whatever...).
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

dr.dork wrote: On the subject of Grabner's injury, it is interesting that the official position was he hurt it during an ON ICE warmup while all the real information points to soccer warm up. (Not sure why they would try to spin it, but whatever...).
He slipped on an ice cube? Ya that'll learn him. Never play soccer with a Smirnoff n ice in hand