Daniel Out 4-6 weeks. Broken foot

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Daniel Out 4-6 weeks. Broken foot

Post by Broda »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=294545

this definitely puts a bit of a damper on the weekend...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: Daniel Out 4-6 weeks. Broken foot

Post by the toucan kid »

Yeah this could be an ugly month. Who knows, as often happens, someone may step up and blow us away... but we could be seriously lacking in the goal department for a little while.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

seriously lacking? I don't think so.

Average 32 goals a year for the past 3 years. That's 0.39 Goals per game. 14-20 games missed in 4-6 weeks. 5-8 goals in that period of time.

We just need others to step it up and contribute, with added ice time to the players, I think we should be fine. Maybe a shoot out loss extra here or there, but over all, missing Daniel isn't like losing Luongo.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

missing Daniel isn't like losing Luongo.
Of course not.

So our highest scoring player is effectively worthless? Even I've never been THAT anti-Sedin. To lose your best goal scorer is a big deal, there's nothing wrong with saying we might have some adversity coming up. It doesn't make you less of a fan or anything. Embrace your negative side, my friend :lol:
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

well, considering that our "highest scorer" has 0 goals at the moment.

I think this would be a good moment in time to see how Henrik does with out Daniel. Twins work well, but Henrik was almost always the set up man, maybe he can set up others just as well.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I think this would be a good moment in time to see how Henrik does with out Daniel. Twins work well, but Henrik was almost always the set up man, maybe he can set up others just as well.
Well we're tied to both, so it might be better for my mental health if we don't discover Hendrik is just as good without Daniel...
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

If Henrik can put up points with Burrows and Bernier, it opens up a whole new dimension to our offense.

Raymond, Kesler and Daniel? could you imagine them off the rush? It totally throws a curve ball at the other coach.

With the Sedin's ability to play for minutes on end with their slow style, the chances of double shifting or switching on the fly creating holes in the other team's defensive pairing would be beneficial.

Remember Bertuzzi double shifting with the Sedins? The other team's defense already had a hard time with WCE, and then bam, they had to handle Bertuzzi again?
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Remember Bertuzzi double shifting with the Sedins? The other team's defense already had a hard time with WCE, and then bam, they had to handle Bertuzzi again?
I remember it not working very well. But you're right, the flexibility would and asset for our lineup.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well this is the first (surprising) time the twins have had to prove that they are not completely dependant on eachother for points. I'm not happy it has to happen, but it does give Henrik a chance to show that he is his own person and can still play to a high level without Daniel.

I'm still expecting an adjustment period here. The D will have to score more, as will Kesler, Raymond and Bernier.
orts
CC Veteran

Henrik orphaned

Post by orts »

I think the team will be okay, and I think Henrik will continue to score and set up goals. I recall the All-Star game a few years back, for instance, when Henrik was there on his own, and he fit in well. We've grown used to thinking of the twins as a unit, but they are individuals. I even think I can tell them apart off the ice! though I might be wrong. And as someone else said, better the winger injured than the centre injured.

Notice, too, that this is a real surprise to us, since we've also grown used to thinking of the twins as a constant in the lineup. Their durability was another of the reasons I really approved of re-signing them this year....

Anyway, too bad about Daniel's foot, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what an orphaned twin plays like.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

This is a tough break (pun only slightly intended) for a team already in trouble down the left side. Demitra on IR, Shirokov showing nothing when it matters and now Daniel out for 6 weeks. Unfortunately this was supposed to be our time to build a lead in the standings as we get a fair few more home games than most because of our hellishly long road trip in February. The team has to play its guts out now or we could slip to a point where not only the division but the playoffs themselves might be out of reach. I don't want to sound all doom and gloom, but this could not have come at a worse time. I'd like to think we'll be able to pull through, but something tells me this might be a trying month...
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

a positive we can take out of this though is a relief in cap issues..
another guy that needs to really step it up now is wellwood, so far i have given him the benefit of the doubt due to him being six apparently cause so far he hasn't looked great.. looked better against the habs but we need offence from that third line too.
I think Hank still do well, both he and daniel have looked so much better this year from the preseason till now in terms of playing like men now. They just both seem to have so much confidence.. If he can stil play with that confidence hopefully he can continue on while his copy is out. One of either Burrows or Bernier is going to have to be that guy constantly moving around with Hank on the ice if that cycle is to work still. As thats going to be the biggest hit against Henrik is that those two are always moving around and finding space. I think Burr can do it. Hopefully a good game tonight
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

- Last season's terrible end.
- Sedin resigning with Drama from Toronto.
- Luongo extended
- Preseason success filled with drama and playing musical chairs with way too many people for only 23 chairs
- Injuries, injuries, and injuries
- Early stumble out of the gate, followed by a total decimation of Montreal.
- Daniel injury raises big questions

Damn I need to write a screen play for this, film it with $200 bucks and then make DVDs and sell them, and when they don't sell, I'll try and give them away for people needing a CD to burn their pirated music onto.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Fuck! Fuckity McFuckerson.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

So now we have Daniel, Salo, Demitra and Schneider injured.... good start to the season
cheers