MOOSE SWEEP BABY-RED WINGS!!!

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

MOOSE SWEEP BABY-RED WINGS!!!

Post by ClamRussel »

FIrst time ever in Moose history that they've swept a playoff series (mirroring their parent NHL club in Vancouver). Now they get a birth in the Calder Cup FINALS - Go MOOSE!

http://moosehockey.com/moosenews/407/887

Sounds like Krog, Jaffray, Grabner & Schneider have been spectacular.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: MOOSE SWEEP BABY-RED WINGS!!!

Post by LotusBlossom »

ClamRussel wrote:FIrst time ever in Moose history that they've swept a playoff series (mirroring their parent NHL club in Vancouver). Now they get a birth in the Calder Cup FINALS - Go MOOSE!

http://moosehockey.com/moosenews/407/887

Sounds like Krog, Jaffray, Grabner & Schneider have been spectacular.
Talking to a good friend of mine who watches the Griffins pretty intently she's not pleased. Her status on her messenger yesterday was "Fuck you Cory Schneider" lol.

She said in the previous round she was hoping the Marlies could take care of the Moose because she would have rather had the Griffins face TO than Manitoba. She says the Moose have the best up and down line up in the AHL and she been an AHL for quite a few years now.

I can't say I've watched much AHL in Toronto, it's tough when you can find some leaves tickets floating somewhere every now and then, but the AHL is pretty fun hockey to watch according to many.

Go for the Calder MOOSE!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

errrrr Clam, LB,,, Grabner has been a little less than spectacular.. 1 goal in 41 shots.. 4 assists.. However Krog, Jaffray and Schneider are to 3 :)

Goooooo M00ses..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Sadly the Battalion were knocked out of the OHL finals by the powerhouse Spitfires tonight. However, that means Hodgson will get some experience with the Moose during the Calder Cup finals (regardless of whether he plays or not). I also wouldn't be surprised if he got a game in with the big boys if we fall behind in the series tomorrow night. Time to see what our first blue-chip forward prospect in a decade can do.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Mikodat wrote:errrrr Clam, LB,,, Grabner has been a little less than spectacular.. 1 goal in 41 shots.. 4 assists.. However Krog, Jaffray and Schneider are to 3 :)

Goooooo M00ses..
Ya I knew someone would point that out :D I realized that after I posted it. I did hear he was spectacular in the first round and has been skating really well...perhaps his play has been good even if his stats aren't? I dunno, maybe I'm grasping at straws here but I heard it mentioned somewhere.

Love to see Hodgson get some playoff ice on the Moose.
Speedy Moose winger Michael Grabner, who missed the final two games of the series, should also be back up to full speed next round.

Grabner, who has a goal and five points in the playoffs, had some swelling around his mouth and required some dental work after getting his head slammed into the turnbuckle between the benches by Joakim Andersson in Game 2.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy